charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I think 10-25M is a range more in line with a Deadline call - why be more precise than they are?:)

Rival studios have it in the 30+range and Disney are lowballing it at 4-5M at this stage. Tracking also has it at 18. Cinema score is a Z with people who wear 2 left shoes but A+ with people who have honey instead of sugar with there coffee. Deadline goes in depth and covers all angles and all ranges.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

• Founder / Operator
17 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Perhaps @Shawn can comment on historical aspects of this situation or industry justifications (aside from “we like fake num, big looks better 💀”)

Someone catch me up, I'm a bit behind in the convo?

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Someone catch me up, I'm a bit behind in the convo?

Why the convention is to report DOM grosses as USA USD+Canada CAD added together raw as though they were equivalent currencies instead of accurately reporting USA USD+Canada USD post conversion.

Edited by Legion in Boots

15 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Why the convention is to report DOM grosses as USA USD+Canada CAD added together raw as though they were equivalent currencies instead of accurately reporting USA USD+Canada USD post conversion.

I mean, if we’re gonna dive into that wouldn’t the more appropriate question be why Canada and the US are virtually the only separate countries tracked as one box office market? Why aren’t they separated in the first place?

OT: But since Disney is still dominating the box office and we want more pages.

Andor, where have you been all my life?  I said The GOTG Holiday special was the best thing Disney had done all year for tv or theatrical, but that's before I started streaming this show.  It's like Star Wars found "it" again - through 4 episodes, it's so good, and I'm 100% hooked.  If this show only gets one season, I'm hanging up my Star Wars card b/c this is Star Wars, and I'm glad I found it again.

PS - I'm gonna say this, and then the show will go to cr&p...but here's hoping.

PPS - I know I heard rumors that they weren't gonna continue this show, but they need to...there needs to be some "finding" of this show and letter writing campaigns...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean, if we’re gonna dive into that wouldn’t the more appropriate question be why Canada and the US are virtually the only separate countries tracked as one box office market? Why aren’t they separated in the first place?

its very easy to jusify, but im pretty sure the ex-soviet states are all counted together

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Andor, where have you been all my life? through 4 episodes, it's so good, and I'm 100% hooked. 

PS - I'm gonna say this, and then the show will go to cr&p...but here's hoping.

Don’t worry it gets better

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If this show only gets one season, I'm hanging up my Star Wars card b/c this is Star Wars, and I'm glad I found it again.

PPS - I know I heard rumors that they weren't gonna continue this show, but they need to...there needs to be some "finding" of this show and letter writing campaigns...

It’s getting 2 seasons. It was originally planned for 5, but Tony Gilroy and Diego Luna didn’t wanna commit 10 years to it

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You need to tag me when you have questions like this. :)

There's a second, and final, season currently filming.

Originally the production team was thinking about doing 5 seasons (one for each year between Andor S1 and leading up to Rogue One, but (and this is me reading between the lines) the production was so time consuming/arduous/intense/all-consuming that they shifted plans to do a second and final 12 episode season.  

To put this in perspective, this was something like a 11 to 12 month shoot.  And even if COVID was lengthening that somewhat and even if it could get streamlined in future years, the thought of spending the next six to eight years of their lives making this show ... Well, like I said, they reconsidered.

Still, 24 episodes = 3 to 4 seasons of many shows nowadays.  And there's something to be said for "leave the audience wanting more".

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Curious why show strong holding pattern Sun-Wed only to get hit on Thurs (with no new openers).

My suspicion is that Wed was a spillover day from busier Sun-Tue - especially with PLF - and Thur is coming back to “normal” 

Or all those stranded SouthWest passengers needed something to do 🤷‍♂️