XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

Ive not been posting on here for a few years but this is such a fab way to cap off this year's box office.

a year ago i wasn't sure big box office numbers would ever return.

happy new year everyone :redcapes:

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

can someone explain to me very slowly why Avatar 2 can't make post holiday $397m that Avatar made? I'm finding it hard to understand why it's impossible

it absolutely could do it .

Folks here talking about possible 7 in front, but the sully family may reach a number that begins with an 8 or 9 domestically if legs continue  like this Jimbo. 

Say goodbye to Maverick. Who's next!🦝😉

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Damn i just wanted to be real happy with the results but maybe @Porthosis right and no matter what the total will be, nobody will be satisfied 

Posted yesterday by Yours Truly just before threadlock:

HolyGrailRabbitRunAway.jpg

killer-rabbit.gif

*sees the Thur Number AND the possible Fri projection*

"OHHHH... JUST A HARMLESS LITTLE MOVIE, ISN'T IT??"

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

54 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Harcore fans, more often than not, are going to overpredict their film, and none fans are going to underpredict it.

Its like that with any big film really.

I mean i wasnt around when Endgame was doing its run but i'll bet anything that there were some poeple predicting over 3bil on here.

And to be honest, hardcore fanboys over prdicitng are easier to take than haters doing ridiculous 700-800mil WW predicitions for A2, then doing constant clickbait Youtube vids crying about how they were wrong and the masses are idiots.

700-800+ m starting to become a reality now brother stewart. Rem the 400-500m max domestic and under bp2 nonsense ww. Hah hah.

Now A2 will beat Maverick ww by up to a billion and beat him domestically by 50-100m +... 

" We'll  Send Them The Message!"

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

700-800+ m starting to become a reality now brother stewart. Rem the 400-500m max domestic and under bp2 nonsense ww. Hah hah.

Now A2 will beat Maverick ww by up to a billion and beat him domestically by 50-100m +... 

" We'll  Send Them The Message!"

Yep i'm def back on the 700+mil train.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's a better debut than Women Talking? Not that A Man Called Otto is likely to be a hit, but it's not really the kind of movie that ever flourished with a NY/LA platform release, even pre-pandemic. Stuff like Green Book or Lion didn't start out amazingly (for their time) and everyone mistakenly wrote them off after their opening weekends. The reviews for Otto also aren't great.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Just now, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It's a better debut than Women Talking? Not that A Man Called Otto is likely to be a hit, but it's not really the kind of movie that ever flourished with a NY/LA platform release, even pre-pandemic. Stuff like Green Book or Lion didn't start out amazingly (for their time) and everyone mistakenly wrote them off after opening weekend.

It's a decent start for a movie that's clearly going nowhere awards-wise. Its numbers when it goes wide in two weeks will paint a clearer picture, though it seems to be getting a pretty notable expansion next weekend.

• Like 1