SLAM!

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant | April 21st, 2023 | MGM | Ritchie directs | Gyllenhaal stars | Action Thriller Set During Afghanistan War

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4873118/

"Follows Sergeant John, who on his last tour of duty in Afghanistan is teamed with local interpreter Ahmed, who risks his own life to carry an injured John across miles of grueling terrain to safety."

Interesting that this will be released before Ritchie's Statham film, Operation Fortune...

edit (Feb. 13th)Operation Fortune now releases about a month and a half before this one.

Edited by SLAM!

Five years ago it would've been surprising to see Gyllenhaal in a movie like this, now these types of action flicks are seemingly all he makes. Stronger going nowhere (those emails thanking critics who didn't even see the movie lol) must've caused him to throw in the towel on his awards chasing.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, DAJK said:

Only reason I'm interested in this is Ritchie. Disappointed we never got to see Operation Fortune tbh.

Welp, now Operation Fortune's releasing on March 3rd. I wonder if these films will benefit from being released close to one another.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:04 PM, filmlover said:

Five years ago it would've been surprising to see Gyllenhaal in a movie like this, now these types of action flicks are seemingly all he makes. Stronger going nowhere (those emails thanking critics who didn't even see the movie lol) must've caused him to throw in the towel on his awards chasing.

He did Prince of Persia at the peak of his career though. That Nightcrawler snub gotta hurt more than Stronger. If anything, I'm glad he's not one of those actors who's super serious and does only Oscar bait.

29 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Wrath of Man easily Ritchie's best and this looks in the same vein (aka not like his usual style) so I'm down. Seems to be Prime Video outside of USA though.

Wrath of Man isn't better than Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch.