charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Charlie suggested that fri bump from canada (which is a big overperformer for A2) should be more muted this week due to holidays, but yes, I still think this will go in the 40s.

yeah i saw that makes sense. But also since he said that A2 is a good Tuesday and Weekend performer in particular i assumed that its Weekend to THU ratio (that was discussed here by a couple of users as a usefull metric) would be at least as good as RO's

11 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

7.4m for WED with RO's drop for THU gets you 6.8m . RO's Weekend to THU multi (x5.76?) gets you to a ~39.2m weekend.

Better THU drop than RO , better weekend to THU multi than RO or both get you to the 40s. Thats pretty likely imo, or am i missing something?

It's not about the Thursday drop, it's about the Friday bump, baby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

It's not about the Thursday drop, it's about the Friday bump, baby.

Still hoping it makes it to 50+M 4th weekend...Standfast brother Nathan.... Would love to take it from Avatar 1. Megan getting buzz trying to take some of our legs there lol. 

" WE GOT THIS!"

4 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

yeah i saw that makes sense. But also since he said that A2 is a good Tuesday and Weekend performer in particular i assumed that its Weekend to THU ratio (that was discussed here by a couple of users as a usefull metric) would be at least as good as RO's

Yeah maybe, given that the tue->wed drop should be harsher than normal due to canada overindex and canada going harder on tue bumps, I'm hoping for a very soft thu drop, so hopefully it delivers on that. Ftr I think charlie has it at 40-42 for his weekend expectation.

2 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

7.4m for WED with RO's drop for THU gets you 6.8m . RO's Weekend to THU multi (x5.76?) gets you to a ~39.2m weekend.

Better THU drop than RO , better weekend to THU multi than RO or both get you to the 40s. Thats pretty likely imo, or am i missing something?

I don't know about likely, but its certainly a reasonable forecast. Have the range currently at $37-$42M or so (5.5 - 6.2x Thursday), with more potential to go higher rather than fall below. The math is just a little fuzzy here, given the holiday period preceding it and so having to rely more on historical comps

• Like 2

Just now, Bruce said:

45m for 4th weekend

Thats  would be excellent, but Im greedy.. Hoping we getting more  Pandorians returning... LOL

I know with the bigger earlier weekdays and weekends, we could lose some steam by the 4th  weekends....Still I still think more are coming back.. Jimbo has 54-56. I went with 56-58... Come on Jake Sully!!

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why lower than other big december movies?

Should be 7-8.5

Because the calendar configuration matters greatly in determining how many people are still on holiday by that specific Thursday, how inflated the value is, and how much higher or lower the resulting ratio

The same year TFA had a 7.1x, Daddy's Home had 10.1x, and no one is remotely projecting that for Puss in Boots because the relationship between current weekdays and upcoming weekend is just not the same

• Like 1

Something closer to TGM 4th weekend (i'd say 30% chance) would have it leading TGM by nearly 50m come monday. So i think that would lock 620m at least since i dont see how A2 could go on to earn >150m less than TGM after that

Edited by Gkalaitza

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Because the calendar configuration matters greatly in determining how many people are still on holiday by that specific Thursday, how inflated the value is, and how much higher or lower the resulting ratio

The same year TFA had a 7.1x, Daddy's Home had 10.1x, and no one is remotely projecting that for Puss in Boots because the relationship between current weekdays and upcoming weekend is just not the same

Ok thank you, so a bunch more people are on holiday right now than they were in 2015,2009,2021?