Noctis

The Last Of Us - universal acclaim!

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It certainly made the apocalypse look nice. "I'd trade places for that!" my partner said.

I mean they films in alberta as well which helps 

They were saying everything was to clean so they had to spend a ton to make stuff look run down lol

Edited by Torontofan

12 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Also, upon second viewing, can we talk about the fantastic production design and art direction? The compound is incredible.

And go back and look at how the house changes over the years - e.g. the dinner scene when Frank first arrives to the dinner scene at the end. The art we see throughout the episode. Etc. These are the kinds of details that resonate.

Peace,

Mike

Yeah the Prod design is really impressive. One of my favorite things about TLOU in general is that it skips ahead 20 years to the point that the zombie apocaypse is routine. Whatever's left of humanity just gets by in various ways and there are adults born after the fall that never knew the world before. 99% of zombie themed movies and TV just keeps going after outbreak day, which makes sense. Because with such a big time-jump everything gets way more expensive and still runs the risk of looking fake. Thank god HBO got the money and the right people to spend it on. 

If I was being nitpicky I'd say that, from the world the game presented at least, I found it really hard to believe that two guys could have this whole town to themselves for that long. I know Bill's a really capable prepper but those fences didn't look that effective, and we even saw him get shot. Like, in all that time there wasn't one gang of raiders that got through and/or spread the word to others?

Edited by Hatebox

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

If I was being nitpicky I'd say that, from the world the game presented at least, I found it really hard to believe that two guys could have this whole town to themselves for that long. I know Bill's a really capable prepper but those fences didn't look that effective, and we even saw him get shot. Like, in all that time there wasn't one gang of raiders that got through and/or spread the word to others?

Have you played the second game? I'd rank the story as one of the most intense and compelling in any medium in the past 10 years easily. I feel it would be right up your alley.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It seems the town was a suburb as well which made less sense. 

22 hours ago, Noctis said:

Have you played the second game? I'd rank the story as one of the most intense and compelling in any medium in the past 10 years easily. I feel it would be right up your alley.

I have indeed played it! Not sure what that has to do with Bill and Frank's compound though? 😀

Never has a game adaptation felt so much like the game, even when it goes in very different ways. It always feels like the World of the game. Only HBO to really crack this.

And of course, Craig just shows the masterful storyteller that he is once again.

Edited by MNightShya

Anyone else notice the theater they drove by had Matchstick Men and Underworld playing when the world went to shit?  Nice little detail I appreciated, I saw both of those at the theater in 2003!

On 2/5/2023 at 10:18 PM, MrPink said:

Might as well quit already

I don't usually quit a show once I've started and this show isn't nearly bad enough for me to think about doing that.  So far imo there have been 2 good episodes(1 & 2) and 2 middling ones(3 being filler and 4 just meh) and things really look like they're gonna get back on track with episode 5 if the preview is anything to go by.