Kalo

The Top 50 of STAR WARS - A Countdown | countdown is complete #1 on page 8

Come one come all the Star Wars Countdown begin! 

It's been a long time coming but It's finally time to Start the STAR WARS countdown of the best and yes the worst of STAR WARS. 

112 titles were summited from 37 members and due to books being allowed this time and quite a few new shows since 2019 I have decided to do a top 50! instead of a top 25 this time.

But this countdown would not be possible without these participants so a thank to:

@Grebacio @CaptNathanBrittles @BluKyberCrystal @jedijake @junkshop36 @dxmatrixdt @ZackM @Flip @PlatnumRoyce, @Ozymandias @Ryan Reynolds @shachi86 @Ipickthiswhiterose @IdahoJacket @JimiQ @Immortal @therana @Tower @lilmac @grey ghost @Inceptionzq @StreamBO @George Parr @4815162342 @Kalo @blackspider @Cap @Daxtreme @Ronin46 @Menor Reborn @FilmFincher @TheDude391 @Fancyarcher @Marek the Jedi @Impact @ZeeSoh

A couple notes: this is an experimental counting system that does reward larger lists more. It seemed to work fairly well though. 

Remember to be civil in the discourse, it's ok to express your opinion; welcome even, but not to attack other members so please be respectful thank you.  

Spoiler

due to some titles having "exactly" the same name there was a little confusion with ranking a couple titles. namely The Clone Wars and The Clone Wars TV show. both the show and the movie came out in 2008 so unless you started which was which by stating TV show or The Movie, I used my best judgement to rank them, giving show points when it was vague because of it popularity PLEASE list it explicitly next time thank you. Also Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront II as the only way to differentiate them is year (2004, 2015 & 2005 & 2017) I had to use my best judgement here as well. and ranked the 2004 and 2005 ones when vague because of their classic status. 

Spoiler

The book rankings are new I wasn't going to put them as eligible at first then decided half-way through to allow 10 per List so take their rank with a grain of salt as they would most likely be higher it started earlier on, I love the novels and I kind of wish I had no limit next time I plan to remove the limit and allow ALL Star Wars novels) 

Star Wars Darth Vader GIF - Star Wars Darth Vader We Would Be Honoured If  You Would Join Us - Discover & Share GIFs

So without farther ado set back grab some blue milk and enjoy the Star Wars countdown!

Punch It GIF - Star Wars Hans Solo Chewbacca - Discover & Share GIFs

Adam Please tag this topic for countdown.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

#50 - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (2003) - 36 Points 

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - IGN

Rank change: NEW! Jedi Academy was unranked in the 2020 countdown 

Jedi Knight Jedi Academy was released Sep 16th 2003 and is a continuation of the Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight series released from Lucasarts, it was released for Xbox and PC initially, and was re-released more recently for the PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Is the 4th game in the series, however, unlike previous installments where you played as mercenary turned Jedi Kyle Katarn, you played as a new character Jaden, a Jedi initiate who for the first time was customizable; you could choose weather the character was male or female and and even choose from several different species and different lightsabers. you could also choose your missions after the first living making it a pre-curser to the now very popular "open world" format. The game received positive reviews and holds an 81 of 100 on Metacritic and an 8/10 on IGN average. and was praised for it's improved game-play. there was some criticism on the story and many would say the game does not hold up to the previous installment "Jedi Outcast" the highest rated in the series. but still a worthy installment non-the less. there sadly was no direct sequel made after Jedi Academy being the last in the "Jedi Knight" series. 

My thoughts: I loved this game, but I didn't like it as well as Jedi Outcast. I thought the story was quite a bit weaker and it felt really short compared to Jedi Outcast. but it was still a really fun playthrough with some great lightsaber and force combat.

Star Wars Jedi Academy ranks 11th in the top 50 video games and is the first to make the top 50.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 6

#49 The Han Solo Adventures - 37 Points 

Star Wars The Han Solo Adventures A Del Rey Book: Brian Daley:  9780345379801: Amazon.com: Books

This is technically 3 novels but they were tied and part of a trilogy so I cheated and put them as one.

The Han Solo Adventures, written by Brian Daley (Han solo at star's end, Hans Solo's Revenge and Han Solo and the lost legacy. are a set of very early expanded universe novels released from 1979-1980. in fact they are only the second novels ever to expand Star Wars canon, the first being "Splinter of the Minds Eye" released in 1978.

And of course they follow Han Solo on is scoundrel adventures, prior to the events of a new hope.

My thoughts: I have actually not read this series. so I know very little about it, it is on my to read list though, and I have read The Paradise Snare which is the start of a newer Han Solo trilogy released in the late 1990s and loved it and apparently events from this series are incorporated into that series, 

The Han Solo adventures ranks #12 on novels to appear in the top 50.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 6

#48 The High Republic: Light of the Jedi - 37 Points (beats Han Solo by having a #5 placement) 

Star Wars: Light of the Jedi (The High Republic) (Hardcover) - Walmart.com

Rank change: NEW! Jedi Academy was unranked in the 2020 countdown 

"We are all the Republic!" Charles Soule, Light of the Jedi.

The High Republic: Light of the Jedi released in 2021  is the first of a series of novels taking place in a time period not explored before

in the Star Wars timeline, after Knights of the Old Republic era, but several hundred years before the events of The Phantom Menace. basically the glory days of the republic and the Jedi thus the title "High Republic" it is one of the first major launches for Disney outside of the films, as there are several novels and the up-coming "Acolyte" tv series is set to take place in this era.

Star Wars Light of the Jedi Review: An Exciting First Step Toward the ...

Upon release the book ranked  #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list of hardcover fiction, staying on the list for four weeks. it also received mostly positive reviews for it's inventive new era and exciting places it takes the Star Wars canon  

My thoughts: I actually own this book on audible and started listening to it a couple years ago. I heard mixed things about it and found the beginning kind of tedious, but I really need to finish it as I love the concept of the High Republic and I heard the series gets better as it goes.

Fan made but kind of awesome: 

Top 5 placements: 1

Decades:

1970s: 1

1980s: 1

1990s: 0

2000s: 1

2010s: 0

2020s: 1

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Kalo said:

#48 The High Republic: Light of the Jedi - 37 Points (beats Han Solo by having a #5 placement) 

Star Wars: Light of the Jedi (The High Republic) (Hardcover) - Walmart.com

Rank change: NEW! Jedi Academy was unranked in the 2020 countdown 

The High Republic: Light of the Jedi released in 2021  is the first of a series of novels taking place in a time period not explored before

in the Star Wars timeline, after Knights of the Old Republic era, but several hundred years before the events of The Phantom Menace. basically the glory days of the republic and the Jedi thus the title "High Republic" it is one of the first major launches for Disney outside of the films, as there are several novels and the up-coming "Acolyte" tv series is set to take place in this era.

Star Wars Light of the Jedi Review: An Exciting First Step Toward the ...

Upon release the book ranked  #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list of hardcover fiction, staying on the list for four weeks. it also received mostly positive reviews for it's inventive new era and exciting places it takes the Star Wars canon  

My thoughts: I actually own this book on audible and started listening to it a couple years ago. I heard mixed things about it and found the beginning kind of tedious, but I really need to finish it as I love the concept of the High Republic and I heard the series gets better as it goes.

Fan made but kind of awesome: 

Top 5 placements: 1

Decades:

2010s: 0

I love it, this top will make us discover perhaps Star Wars stuff that we didn't know existed. Like this for me

Love this period so might check it out. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

#47 Star Wars Lost Stars - 38 Points 

Star Wars: Lost Stars Book Review - TheGeeksAttic

New! Unranked in 2020 countdown

Star Wars Lost Stars by Claudia Gray is a released Sep 15th 2015, is a young adult novel. Taking place in the original trilogy period (before, during and after Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi). it follows two characters Ciena Ree and Thane Kyrell, childhood friends now on opposing sides of the conflict between the rebellion and the empire.

Star Wars: Lost Stars, was one of the first Star Wars novels to be released after Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm and one of the first now cannon novels. The book. and upon release was met with praise from critics and fans alike, Sean Keane of NY Daily News wrote "'Lost Stars may be marketed as a Young Adult novel, but Gray crafts a well written, enthralling narrative that will appeal to Star Wars fans of all ages."

My Thoughts: I have heard nothing but good thing about this novel but I still haven't read it. I was pretty deep into Star Wars legends novels and once Disney "Canceled" that in the timeline, I was more than a little upset, and have actually only finished one Star Wars canon novel (Star Wars: Ahsoka.) but I think I am at the point now where I want to get back into reading star wars again and this is pretty high on my too read list.

Novel placement: #10

Decades:

2010s: 1

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

#45 TIE - The Force Unleashed - Star Wars Betrayal - 39 Points 

Part 1

STAR WARS™: The Force Unleashed™ for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official  Site

New! The Force Unleashed was unranked in the 2020 countdown. 

Star Wars The Force Unleashed is a 2008 now legends video game released on PS2, PS3, xbox 360 and Wii. that takes place during the Rise of the Empire era of star wars Canon and is now considered part of legends though maybe concepts in this game were put into more recent star wars lore such as Jedi Fallen order, which takes place in a similar period.

You play as Starkiller aka Galan Marek, an extremely strong in the force child taken by Darth Vader to become his apprentice who becomes disillusioned by the empire. Like Knights of the Old Republic the player can choose weather he turns to the light-side or stays on the dark side by the end of the game.

The force Unleashed was a bestseller  selling 1.738 million unit sales of The Force Unleashed across all platforms made it the third best-selling game globally in the third quarter of 2008; it has sold over 6 Million copies to date and was both the fastest-selling Star Wars game and LucasArts' fastest-selling game. at the time of release. the game received mixed to positive reviews from critics, being praised for its story and graphics, but apparently had some technical issues upon release. the game would have a sequel The Force Unleashed II (2010), which unfortunately was met with a weaker reception and did not garner as much attention as it' predecessor.  

The Force Unleashed has a 7.5 rating on IGN.

Sam Witwer who plays Starkiller (the name originally planned for the protagonist of A New Hope, who was envisioned as a female by George Lucas). is a huge Star Wars fan in real like and the game was one of the first to use his likeness for the character of Galen Marek, he also voiced Darth Maul in Star Wars Clones Wars and Rebels.

Star Wars: Every Role Of Sam Witwer's, Ranked

My thoughts: I LOVED this game, It takes place between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and Yes Starkiller is super OP, but boy is it fun to play with him, the force abilities and light saber combat were really fun to play with, and one point you have to use the force to move a fallen Star Destroyer if that gives you an idea. and the story was actually quite good. I read the novel as well and liked it.

Video game placement: #10

Part 2 

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Betrayal: Book 1: Allston, Aaron, Thompson,  Marc: 9780739323953: Amazon.com: Books

New! Star Wars: Betrayal was unranked in the 2020 countdown. 

Star Wars: Betrayal, written by Aaron Allston and released in 2006, is the first book in the Legacy of the Force Series, which consists of 9 novels taking place approximately 35 years after the events of Star Wars A New Hope and Follows Jacen Solo the son of Han and Leia Solo. now a Jedi Master himself, training his apprentice Ben Skywalker, the Son of Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker, the good guys rule the galaxy and have formed the now First Galactic Alliance, but pain and darkness ensues on the galaxy when Jacen solo is confronts a sith and is tempted to join dark side.

The series received mostly positive reviews and Betrayal became #10 on the New York times best seller list. it was one of the last series to be completed before Disney's Acquisition of Lucas film in 2012. the very last series being the "Fate of the Jedi" which takes place shortly after this series.

Note: The Legacy of the Force Series is probably the most heavily "Copied" for the Star Wars Sequel trilogy. as the Character of Jacen Solo has strong similarities to Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren, even both being the Son of Han and Leia, both being Jedi turned to the dark side of the force. there is also similarities between Jaina Solo Jacen's twin sister and Rey. 

My thoughts: It's been a while since I've read it, but I loved this series. it's very well written and was fresh enough at the time to keep my interest. unlike The New Jedi Order series which proceeds it, where the enemy the Yuuzhan Vong is literately from another galaxy. this series having a prior protagonist become the antagonist, feels much more personal and makes for a very heart-breaking series. 

Here is a list of the whole series if you are interest: it is easily in my top 5 favorite star wars book series. 

I made custom audiobook covers for Legacy of the Force : r/StarWarsEU

Novel Placement: #9

2000s: 3

2010s: 1

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

#44 - Star Wars Resistance - 41 points 

Star Wars Resistance (TV Series 2018–2020) - IMDb

New! Star Wars: Resistance was unranked in the 2020 countdown. 

Star Wars Resistance released in 2018 is a Sequel trilogy era animated television series the fellows the resistance and their starship squadron  and their fight against the first order, it was Disney's third animated show to be released after their acquisition of Lucasfilm (after Force of Destiny and Rebels). and is to date the only show to take place solely (forces of Destiny has episodes in the era, but The Resistance, explore's original materiel) in the Sequel trilogy era.

the show ran for two seasons on the Disney Channel and Disney XD finishing it's run in Jan 2020, with 40 episodes. it was the last show to run before Disney+'s launch in Nov 2019. 

The show received positive reviews from critics having a 92% favorable review ratio. it also was nominated for an Emmy award for Outstanding Children's program. although it's audience response was a bit more mixed as it only holds a 56% on rotten tomatoes and a 5.2 out of 10 on IMDB. however this show was clearly geared towards a much younger audiences than pervious star wars shows so I would take those rating with a grain of salt.  

My thoughts: I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode and this show just wasn't for me, it was really childish imo, more so than Rebels, and I was not a fan at all of the animation style they used. I did hear it improves at it goes on so... maybe I will watch it someday just to say I did. 

Star Wars resistance ranks #10 of tv shows to make the top 50 and is the first one to show up in the top 50

Star Wars resistance is the first show on the list to appear on more than 5 lists.

Star Wars Awards and nominations so far:
Emmy Noms: 1

2000s: 3

2010s: 2

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

#43 Star Wars: New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force - 43 Points 

Book Review: 'Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force' —  CultureSlate

NEW! Unranked in 2020 countdown. 

Star Wars: The Unifying force is the final novel in the New Jedi order series that consists of 19 novels released from 1999 to 2003. Unifying releasing in 2003. It is the longest running series of Star Wars novels (excluding YA novels) in Star Wars history. and takes place 21-25 years after the events of Return of the Jedi. the series focuses on an alien species that invaded the "Star Wars" galaxy called the Yuuzhan Vong, a pagan race of humanoid beings that believe this galaxy was promised to them by their gods and hates technology and uses organic "grown" ships and bio tech to travel. and believes pain is the path to enlightenment sacrifices parts of their own bodies to achieve religious and military status they also are "invisible in the force" to Jedi. which makes them formidable foes. This is also the series where the Legacy character's Children (Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo) reach adult hood and are co-lead protagonists also side the original heroes. 

The Unifying Force takes place at the end of this conflict. and Jacen and Jaina Solo are the lead protagonist of this novel.

The series went on to become a bestseller and received favorable reviews from critics 

Finished my re-read of the entire New Jedi Order series with Luceno's The  Unifying Force. 11/10, best end for the EU : r/StarWarsEU

*The Yuuzhan Vong species was based on the character Nom Anor, introduced in the Dark Horse Comics series Crimson Empire

My thoughts: this series is incredibly nostalgic for me, I started reading it with my sister when I was about 13 years old and it was just so different from anything Star Wars had done at the time, the concept was very edgy and dark for Star Wars and in fact this series is to date the darkest most gory series to ever come from star wars, at least that I have ever read. and could easily be labeled just as much a "horror" series as it is Sci-Fi. I would say it is NOT for children but I was pretty young when I got into it. I highly recommend it, as it is incredibly epic in scale and a sweeping cinematic experience (do not listen to the audio book though as that are sadly butchered with extreme abridgement, you can find full audible versions on youtube though) if you only read one long star wars series do yourself a favor and please read it. it is incredibly cinematic and will sadly probably never be adapted as it's too long, and impossible to adapt without a R/TVMA rating. and you know now not even considered cannon. 

Spoiler

Could jacen solo defeat darth vader? - Quora

Novel Placement: #8

Spoiler

Decades:

2000s: 4

2010s: 2

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

#41 TIE: Star Wars Darth Plagueis and Tales of the Jedi (Comics) - 44 Points 

Part 1 

Star Wars Ser.: Darth Plagueis by James Luceno (2012, Hardcover) - Picture 1 of 1

NEW! unranked in 2020 countdown

Star Wars Darth Plagueis is a legneds novel written by James Luceno, and released Jan 12th 2012. It tells the story of Darth Plagueis that is briefly mentioned in "Revenge of the Sith" and takes place before, and leading into the events of Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace. and shows Palpatine's rise to power as a sith as well as a politician.

Darth Plagueis received critical praise and is considered a fan favorite by many.

My Thoughts: this might be my favorite stand alone Star Wars Novel ever. it is about two sith so obviously it is very dark in nature, but it is so well written and makes you well not route for but have a much better understanding of the Sith and the details taking place behind the scenes. and also a fantastic alternate adaption of the Phantom Menace as some scenes taking place concurrently during the film and gives you a whole new perspective of the film, this is a must read imo and I hope it is adapted with justice in some form in the future. 

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Novel Placement: #8

Part 2

Star Wars Tales of the Jedi TPB (1994 Dark Horse) comic books

New! unranked in 2020 countdown!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (not to be confused with the 2022 animated short series of the same name) is a series of comic books published Dark Horce Comics from 1993 to 1998. Part of the Star wars Expanded Universe, they follow the great Sith war and the great Hyperspace war. the first book is set in 3,996 BBY (before the battle of Yavin, making it the oldest in the star wars timeline until Star Wars Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi comics series was published in 2012. 

The series was a critical success and finical success and go on to span 9 comic book arch's. 

My Thoughts: I have not read this series, I don't read a whole lot of comics in general, but it sounds super interesting and I love pretty much all old republic era star wars. so I may have to seek this out.

Great Hyperspace War | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Tales of the Jedi ranks #1 of Comics to make the top 50 and is the one comic series to do so.

1990s: 1

2000s: 4

2010s: 3

• Like 7

#40 Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie - 47 Points

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 5 Ways The 2008 Animated Movie Aged Well ...

New! Clone Wars was unranked in 2020 countdown. 

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was a future length animated film directed by Dave Filoni. It was released in theaters in August 2008. it was also the launch of the now much loved Clone Wars tv show. however it didn't exactly start out that way. the film was lambasted by critics receiving an measly 18 percent on rotten tomatoes, the lowest of any theatrical Star Wars film, it also is to date the lowest grossing star wars film in the franchise only grossing $68 million worldwide. (although it's budget was only $8.5m so it made a profit). It has a slightly, but not much warmer 5.9/10 fan rating on IMDB. It is also the only theatrical Star Wars release not to receive a single Oscar nomination.

The Clone Wars movie even though not loved is instrumental in jumpstarting the Clone Wars fandom as well as introducing a now fan favorite Character Anakin's Skywalker's Jedi Apprentice Ashoka Tano.

My thoughts: This is definitely not the best Clone Wars has to offer. but it's not terrible, there is some cool stuff that happens in this film like that cliff side vertical battle sequence, I can see why people didn't love it. As a theatrical release, the animation was quite cheap looking compared to what star wars fans were used to. but as a mid-2000s animated tv series starter the animation is actually quite good and vastly improves over time once you watch the show. this movie is lot more easy to watch than say the holiday special and in many ways it's better made than "The Rise of Skywalker" if you're a clone wars fan I'd say watch it. if not your not missing that much. I'd probably give it a B-

Bottom rankings: 1

Star Wars The Clone Wars (Movie) ranks #12 of #12 for films to make the top 50 meaning all 12 theatrical films made the top 50. what will 11 be? and where will it rank? 

2000s: 5

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

#38 - TIE! Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy & The High Republic: The Rising Storm - 48 Points 

Part 1

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

NEW! Unranked in 2020 Countdown! 

Lego Star Wars II is a part of the Lego Star Wars video game series currently consisting of 6 games. This game Lego Star Wars II was the second in the series and like the title, focuses on the original trilogy. with levels and characters from Star Wars Episode IV-VI. released Sep 11th 2006. it is one of the most popular of the franchise and received positive reviews from critics and holds and average of 7.8 out of 10 rating on IGN. The games have become famous for their massive playable character array. humor and expansive levels.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed these games and have played most of them. I think I liked the Original slightly better than II. but these has way more characters, because you can unlike all the prequel characters as well. and there is some improved gameplay. I love the puzzle based game play of the games and how you can explore all over the levels and find secret items. honestly I would love a regular Star Wars game with the same kind of game play (I guess galaxy of heroes is kind of like it, but that is all battles and no levels per say). 

Note* Because there are so many different Lego Star Wars I think people just kind of picked their favorites, but they are all good imo and more probably would have made the last had they not been competing with each other (although there is one more to make the top 50)

Video Game Placement: 9

Spoiler

Decades: 

2000s: 6

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

#38 - Part II The High Republic: The Rising Storm - 48 Points

Star Wars: The Rising Storm (the High Republic) - (star Wars: The High  Republic) By Cavan Scott (hardcover) : Target

NEW! Unranked in 2020 Countdown! 

“We are living creatures rich in the Force, with everything that brings. Joy, affection, and, yes, grief. Experiencing such emotions is part of life. It is light.... But while we experience such emotions, we should never let them rule us. A Jedi is the master of their emotions, never a slave" Cavan Scott, The Rising Storm. 

Star Wars: The High Republic: The Rising Storm released June 29th 2021, and written by Cavan Scott, it is the second novel in the "High Republic" series. set approximately 200 years before The Phantom Menace and about a year after the first novel "Light of the Jedi"  and focuses on the war between the Jedi Order and the Nihil. 

Upon release the novel received positive reviews from critics and fans alike, one critic cited it as "the best kind of Star Wars book [that is] emotional... [has] rising stakes... and deepens the Jedi mythology," (Tom Farr, Fan Sided)

My Thoughts: I haven't read this book, but I actually started reading "Light of the Jedi" again and am almost halfway through and while it's not the best star wars book I've read, I'm enjoying it so far and plan to continue the series.

Target Exclusive Edition of Star Wars: The High Republic - The Rising Storm  - Jedi News

The Rising Storm is the second novel in the "High Republic series" and also the last, making it the highest entry in the series. 

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

High Republic: 2

Lego Star Wars: 1

James Luceno: 2

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight: 1

Decades: 

2020s: 2

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

#37 - Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) - 50 Points 

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition

Placement Change -18 from 2020 countdown 

"General Kenobi has entered the battle" - Anonymous announcer, Battlefront II

Star Wars Battlefront II, released by EA games on November 17th 2017, is a action shooter game in the Star Wars Battlefront series, it is the fourth game in the "Battlefront Series" and a Sequel to Battlefront (2015). which is essentially a remake of Battlefront (2004). making this a remake of sorts to Battlefront II (2005). 

The game received mixed responses upon release, with the biggest complaint that players who paid for added content had a huge advantage from those who did not, it would later level out with it's appear for it's added expansions such as the Clone Wars and Rise of Skywalker era content, added many new playable heroes such as Ashoka Tano and Supreme Leader Snoke.  it was later released the celebration edition, which included all in-game cosmetic options, was released on December 5, 2019. and is now considered a much superior game to Star Wars Battlefront (2015), which was considered a subnational disappointment upon release. 

My Thoughts: I have only play this game a couple of times at my nephew's house and I thought it was pretty fun, I owed all the other "battlefront games" and it's definitely better than the 2015 game, which I was massively disappointed with, I would like to own it with all of it's expansions, although I don't play very many video games anymore though to be honest, mostly due to limited free time and choosey watching movies, socialising or hiking over gaming now.

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

High Republic: 2

Lego Star Wars: 1

James Luceno: 2

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight: 1

Decades: 

2010s: 4