Kalo

The Top 50 of STAR WARS - A Countdown | countdown is complete #1 on page 8

#28 TIE - Heir to the Empire | Dark Force Rising - 107 Points - (wins TIE with Jedi Outcast by both having #5 placement)

Part 1

60b0a96cb7cde81034687a0d_91ew802VtRL.jpe

New Unranked in 2020 Countdown

“Learn about art, Captain,” Thrawn said, his voice almost dreamy. “When you understand a species’ art, you understand that species.” - Grand Admiral Thrown, Heir to the Empire. 

Released in 1991 and written by Timothy Zhan Heir to the Empire marks the first Novel now known as the Thrawn Trilogy. it is the first novel ever to expand Star Wars lore past the events of Return of the Jedi taking place 5 years after the events of that film, it also marks the end of what was known as a Star Wars draught which had no Star Wars content from 1988-1990. It is also responsible the creation for what is now known as Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Who is Grand Admiral Thrawn? The Mandalorian's new villain, explained -  Polygon

Taking place 5 years after the events of Return of the Jedi, Luke is know a fully fledge Jedi Knight and has began Training his sister Leia in the ways of the force who, has married Han Solo and is pregnant with twins. on top of jugging leadership duties of the New Republic. all seems well in the galaxy until Master Tactician Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Imperial remnant seeks to overthrow the newly formed new republic, despite having a numerical disadvantage. Thrawn's second in command second in command Gilad Pellaeon is instructed to recruit the smuggler Talon Karrde and his second-in-command Mara Jade to obtain several salamander-like creatures called ysalamiri, which have the ability to disrupt the force. Mara Jade  a force sensitive once a hand for the emperor himself has her own plans for Luke Skywalker.

Star Wars: The Emperor's Most Deadly Agent– The Mara Jade Skywalker  Breakdown - Bell of Lost Souls

Upon Release Heir to the Empire was a smash hit commercially and received critical acclaim and is considered "essential reading" for most star wars fans Heir to the Empire reached #1 on the New York Times Best Seller list,[4] and the trilogy sold a combined total of 15 million copies.[3] The trilogy has been called "influential, much-loved, and ground breaking".[21] In August 2011, the series was voted into NPR's top 100 science-fiction and fantasy books (coming in at place 88), as voted on by over 60,000 participants. 

My thoughts: This novel is instrumental in some many ways not only is it a great novel and yes responsible for the creation of the expanded universe, it is also responsible for more so Timothy Zhan is for creating some of the most memorable characters in Star Wars history Grand admiral Thrown and Mara Jade. Thrown being so popular that he was actually re-written into star wars cannon in Star Wars Rebels, and a new set of cannon novels. for which he has almost identical personality and origins to his now Legends counterpart. Mara Jade the Emperor's Hand, turned Smuggler, turned Jedi, turned Skywalker. has been a fan favorite since her creation, but neither one would exist Timothy Zhan or their introduction in this novel (there has been rumors of Mara Jade making her way into canon but nothing has been confirmed at this time). It is one of my favorite star wars novels and everyone should read it.

Heir to the empire appeared on 4 list, and received 1 #5 placement. it is tied for #2 highest ranking novel. in the countdown.

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

High Republic: 2

Lego Star Wars: 2

James Luceno: 2

Michael A Stackpole: 1

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight: 3

Lucasarts: 4

Timothy Zhan: 3

Legends novels: 7
Cannon novels: 3

Decades: 

1970s: 1

1980s: 1

1990s: 6

2000s: 9

2010s: 4

2020s: 3

Heir to the empire wins the silver metal award by ranking as the second highest novel (tied with Dark Force Rising) 

Spoiler

Star Wars Rebel Alliance Silver Lapel Pin

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 4

#28 Part 2 Dark Force Rising - 107 Points

60b0a939c935b45c8d5eb15b_51N0r2Q3KML._SX

New Unranked in 2020 Countdown

“The Lady Vader has come. We would hear her words." - Dark Forces Rising 

Released on May 1st 1992, Dark Force Rising is the second book in the Thrown Trilogy and like it's predecessor it would go on to be a best seller and garner critical acclaim.

The dying Empire's most cunning and ruthless warlord—Grand Admiral Thrawn—has taken command of the remnants of the Imperial fleet and launched a massive campaign aimed at the New Republic's destruction. Meanwhile, Han and Lando Calrissian race against time to find proof of treason inside the highest Republic Council—only to discover instead a ghostly fleet of warships that could bring doom to their friends and victory to their enemies.

In this book the shift focus some to Leia and Han, and Leia meets a species known as Noghri, a group of fearless warriors who find lady to be a symbol of strength of sorts for being the daughter of Darth Vader and refer to her as "Lady Vader"  later become her body guards and play a prominent rule moving forward in the expanded universe. 

The Road to Episode Infinity: 10 Species from the Old Expanded Universe

My thoughts: I loved this book, I love how it progress Leia's rule as a Jedi and introduces us to kashyyyk the Wookie planet and it was just a really great read. that I need to read again because of of the book is a bit foggy to me. 

Being pregnant with twins couldnt stop Leia from being a driving force for  the rebellion | Star wars books, Star wars comic books, Star wars comics

Dark Force Rising appeared on 4 list, and received 1 #5 placement. it is tied for #2 highest ranking novel. in the countdown

Dark Force Rising wins the silver metal award by ranking as the second highest novel (tied Heir to the Empire) 

Spoiler

Star Wars Rebel Alliance Silver Lapel Pin

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Lucasarts: 4

Timothy Zhan: 4

Legends novels: 8

Decades: 

1990s: 7

2000s: 9

• Like 4

On 1/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, Impact said:

I had a novelization of the original trilogy Star Wars, was not sure to include it, which I didn't. (Plus it slipped my mind)

I also have some really old Star Wars trading cards.

I actually said the novelizations of the movies were not eligible, so more focus could be on separate works. so your good. but I may allow them next time. the novelization of Revenge of the Sith is fantastic and the novel of The Phantom Menace has much better dialogue and fixes almost all the wooden acting and makes it a really great story. I started Reading A New Hope a a while ago. haven't read the rest yet.

I probably won't include trading cards in the mix I gotta draw the line somewhere :lol: 

• Like 1

#27 Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) - 111 Points

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic, 2005) on Steam

Ranking -7 Star Wars Battlefront II ranked #20 in the 2020 countdown. 

"Darth Vader has entered the battlefield" 

Star Wars Battlefront II is a sequel to Star Wars Battlefront and the second game in the series, it was released on Oct 31st 2005 by lucasarts, and was availible on PS2, Microsoft Widnows, PSP, and Xbox. Unlike the first Battleftont, you can play as "heroes" which in this verion of the game you could play as only after you were able to gain enough points to unlock them in the battle, being released after Revenge of the Sith it was also the first Battlefront to have locations and playable characters from that film. the game has two eras like the first, the clone wars and the Rise of the Empire, with options to choose between four different factions (The Republic, the separatists, the Rebels and the Empire) 

Star Wars: Battlefront II (Video Game 2005) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

Battlefront II was well received by critics, the highest aggregate scored was for the PlayStation 2, which holds an 84% at GameRankings and an 84/100 at Metacritic. it hold a 7.8/10 on IGN.

Star Wars Battleftont II was on 8 lists and received mostly middle or some upper middle rankings, but none on the top five. it also was never on the bottom meaning it was generally well liked by those who listed it, if not anyone's favorite. 

My thoughts: I loved this game, it is a pretty basic story, but it has some really cool modes, my favorite probably being the Heroes vs villains modes. where you play the whole time as a hero or villain trying to take down either side, the capture the flag was also really fun, and this is a great game to play on split screen with friends, it's pretty low brain power so it's just a great way to set back and blow off some steam after a long day. the fact that it has held up so well after all these years says something about the popularity of this game as well. 

Game placement: #5 

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Lucasarts: 5

Decades: 

2000s: 10

• Like 5

#26 The Book of Baba Fett - 120 points 

The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ Series - Where To Watch

"Jabba ruled with fear. I intend to rule with respect.” - Boba Fett

New! Book of Boba Fett was not released in until 2021 so it didn't exist in the 2020 countdown

The Book of Boba Fett is a tv series released on Disney+ on Dec 29th, 2021. the show is currently only 1 season consisting of 7 episodes released on a weekly basis the last one "In the Name of Honor releasing Feb 9th 2022. the series is a spin-off to "The Mandalorian and is set in the same time period taking place roughly five years after Return of the Jedi, with flashbacks taking place right after Episode IV showing that Boba Fett did indeed survive the Sarlacc pit. this part of the star wars drawn almost directly from the Star Wars Legends novel "the Mandalorian Armor". where Boba Fett Survives the Sarlacc Pit and begins bounty hunting again. however the similarities end after this. or from Patton Oswalt monologue from "Parks and Recreation" 

Star Wars The Book Of Boba Fett GIF - Star Wars The Book Of Boba Fett Boba  Fett - Discover & Share GIFs | Star wars, Boba fett, War

The Book of Boba Fett did not make this placement by love, while I'm sure this series has it's fans. it received 6 bottom rankings, the most of any tv series on the list, and the second highest of any title in the top 50. (3rd if you count The Holiday Special, which did not make the top 50 and ranked last on all but one list (8 bottom rankings)). It also did not receive a single top 5 placement and only received more than 10 points on 1 list (11 to be exact). being on 27 lists. it is one of only 2 shows to receive less then 200 points despite being on over 20 lists. and only 3 titles overall. it ranks #10 of tv shows to make the top 50. making it the second lowest ranking in the top 50 and the lowest ranking live action Star Wars tv series. it is also I would say easily the lowest ranking "mainstream" Star Wars title on the countdown.

The book of Boba Fett was widely viewed on release, in fact According to Whip Media, The Book of Boba Fett was the most anticipated new television series of December 2021.[68] According to Samba TV, 1.7 million US households watched the debut of The Book of Boba Fett in its first 5 days following the December 29, 2021, release.[69] The season finale had the highest viewership of a Star Wars Disney+ series to date, with Deadline Hollywood reporting that the finale was viewed by 1.5 million, 36% more than The Mandalorian season 2 finale.

The critics reviews to this series are mixed. the series holding a "barely fresh" 66 on rotten tomatoes.  with the consensus review stating "The Book of Boba Fett could never match the adventures that existed in fans' imaginations for decades, but it earns its commission with spectacular set pieces and Temuera Morrison's commanding presence." 

the book of Boba Fett has a worse fan rating with an "Rotten" audience rating of 55%. a measly 2.7 out of 5 Letterboxd, however it does have a more favorable 7.3 out of 10 on IMDB.  

The Book of Boba Fett 1x06 Gifs : r/BabyYoda

My thoughts: I actually kind of liked some of this show, but it was massively disappointing overall, but it's definitely better than "Rise of Skywalker" and in fact I "Loved" one episode in the season but Boba Fett, you know the title character was not in it at all. if that is saying anything, I did like the episode where he learns how to survive from the Tuskan Raiders. after him going from this ruthless Bounty Hunter to a pretty nice guy for the most part, felt extremely rushed to and out of Character for Boba Fett to me, also for some reason he only wears his helmet a few scenes in the whole series. which feels really out of character for Boba Fett and like the writers really didn't understand this character, maybe I have read too many "Legends" content about Boba so I am biased, Boba does become more "moral" I guess you might say in Legends canon even teaming up with several heroes eventually, but he was always hardened and bad ass. and this show takes all the badassary out of Boba, it waters him down to a really boring non-bad ass guy with - wait not with cool armor he barely wears it, so he is some guy who refuses to wear his armor and is a nice guy who takes over Jaba's job and hires power rangers kids. there is a couple cool scenes, riding a rancor is pretty awesome. and I thought Luke looked great, but that test with Grogu, a toddler who can't even talk was inhumane and out of Character for Lukes character, the part about the New Jedi Order that makes them so much better is that they embrace they're attachments with the ones they love and this is the same regressive shit that the Old Jedi did and part of the reason they failed imo. I loved Bryce Dallas Howards episode. she is a great director. but yeah they just didn't get Boba Fett, and this is Disney Boba. the score was kind of cool though sorry I know it's long but I had a lot to say about this series. 

TV show placement: #10

Live Action TV Placement: #4

#1 Placements: 0

#3 Placements: 0

#5 Placements: 0

Bottom Placements: 6

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Disney+: 1 

Decades: 

2020s: 4

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

#26 The Book of Baba Fett - 120 points 

The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ Series - Where To Watch

"Jabba ruled with fear. I intend to rule with respect.” - Boba Fett

New! Book of Boba Fett was not released in until 2021 so it exists in the 2020 countdown

The Book of Boba Fett is a tv series released on Disney+ on Dec 29th, 2021. the show is currently only 1 season consisting of 7 episodes released on a weekly basis the last one "In the Name of Honor releasing Feb 9th 2022. the series is a spin-off to "The Mandalorian and is set in the same time period taking place roughly five years after Return of the Jedi, with flashbacks taking place right after Episode IV showing that Boba Fett did indeed survive the Sarlacc pit. this part of the star wars drawn almost directly from the Star Wars Legends novel "the Mandalorian Armor". where Boba Fett Survives the Sarlacc Pit and begins bounty hunting again. however the similarities end after this. or from Patton Oswalt monologue from "Parks and Recreation" 

Star Wars The Book Of Boba Fett GIF - Star Wars The Book Of Boba Fett Boba  Fett - Discover & Share GIFs | Star wars, Boba fett, War

The Book of Boba Fett did not make this placement by love, while I'm sure this series has it's fans. it received 6 bottom rankings, the most of any tv series on the list, and the second highest of any title in the top 50. (3rd if you count The Holiday Special, which did not make the top 50 and ranked last on all but one list (8 bottom rankings)). It also did not receive a single top 5 placement and only received more than 10 points on 1 list (11 to be exact). being on 27 lists. it is one of only 2 shows to receive less then 200 points despite being on over 20 lists. and only 3 titles overall. it ranks #10 of tv shows to make the top 50. making it the second lowest ranking in the top 50 and the lowest ranking live action Star Wars tv series. it is also I would say easily the lowest ranking "mainstream" Star Wars title on the countdown.

The book of Boba Fett was widely viewed on release, in fact According to Whip Media, The Book of Boba Fett was the most anticipated new television series of December 2021.[68] According to Samba TV, 1.7 million US households watched the debut of The Book of Boba Fett in its first 5 days following the December 29, 2021, release.[69] The season finale had the highest viewership of a Star Wars Disney+ series to date, with Deadline Hollywood reporting that the finale was viewed by 1.5 million, 36% more than The Mandalorian season 2 finale.

The critics reviews to this series are mixed. the series holding a "barely fresh" 66 on rotten tomatoes.  with the consensus review stating "The Book of Boba Fett could never match the adventures that existed in fans' imaginations for decades, but it earns its commission with spectacular set pieces and Temuera Morrison's commanding presence." 

the book of Boba Fett has a worse fan rating with an "Rotten" audience rating of 55%. a measly 2.7 out of 5 Letterboxd, however it does have a more favorable 7.3 out of 10 on IMDB.  

The Book of Boba Fett 1x06 Gifs : r/BabyYoda

My thoughts: I actually kind of liked some of this show, but it was massively disappointing overall, but it's definitely better than "Rise of Skywalker" and in fact I "Loved" one episode in the season but Boba Fett, you know the title character was not in it at all. if that is saying anything, I did like the episode where he learns how to survive from the Tuskan Raiders. after him going from this ruthless Bounty Hunter to a pretty nice guy for the most part, felt extremely rushed to and out of Character for Boba Fett to me, also for some reason he only wears his helmet a few scenes in the whole series. which feels really out of character for Boba Fett and like the writers really didn't understand this character, maybe I have read too many "Legends" content about Boba so I am biased, Boba does become more "moral" I guess you might say in Legends canon even teaming up with several heroes eventually, but he was always hardened and bad ass. and this show takes all the badassary out of Boba, it waters him down to a really boring non-bad ass guy with - wait not with cool armor he barely wears it, so he is some guy who refuses to wear his armor and is a nice guy who takes over Jaba's job and hires power rangers kids. there is a couple cool scenes, riding a rancor is pretty awesome. and I thought Luke looked great, but that test with Grogu, a toddler who can't even talk was inhumane and out of Character for Lukes character, the part about the New Jedi Order that makes them so much better is that they embrace they're attachments with the ones they love and this is the same regressive shit that the Old Jedi did and part of the reason they failed imo. I loved Bryce Dallas Howards episode. she is a great director. but yeah they just didn't get Boba Fett, and this is Disney Boba. the score was kind of cool though sorry I know it's long but I had a lot to say about this series. 

TV show placement: #10

Live Action TV Placement: #4

#1 Placements: 0

#3 Placements: 0

#5 Placements: 0

Bottom Placements: 6

Hide contents

Series/author's so far: 

Decades: 

The worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#25 Star Wars TIE Fighter - 124 Points 

STAR WARS™: TIE Fighter Special Edition on Steam

Ranking -2 Star Wars TIE FIGHTER ranked #23 in the 2020 countdown. 

"Enter your name Pilot" 

Star Wars TIE Fighter was released in 1994 by lucasarts for DOS, Macintosh and Microsoft Windows. The game is a

space flight simulator and space combat video game, a sequel in the Star Wars: X-Wing series. It places the player in the role of an Imperial starfighter pilot during events that occur between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Star Wars TIE firghter was well received by critics, with Gamebytes Magazine stating the original game's release its "very highest recommendation", citing numerous improvements over X-Wing. The reviewer called the graphics "astonishing" and noted improved artificial intelligence and in-flight information systems. 

My thoughts: I have never played this game, I am also not a huge fan of space simulator based games, they are fine as a side level but I'm not sure I would be interested in a whole game consisting of it (although I did love the little space battles in KOTOR, but that was a very small part of the game). 

Star Wars TIE fighter was on 4 lists and had 1 top 5 placement.

Game placement: #4

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Lucasarts: 6

Decades: 

1990s: 8

• Like 5

Sorry this is going so slow, I had some personal issues come up and it's been hard to find time to dedicate much to this. probably won't have much time to write anything today. but I should start it off again tomorrow and have more regular updates after that.

• Like 7
  • Heart 1

#24 The Last Command - 132 Points 

Book Review: 'Star Wars: The Last Command'

“History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance.”
― Timothy Zahn, The Last Command

The Last Command Written by Timothy Zahn and released in 1993. is the third book in the Thrown trilogy. set about a month after the previous book, Thrawn uses the Katana fleet, crewed with clones, to mount a successful offensive against the New Republic. Seizing one planet after the other, the Grand Admiral soon immobilizes the galactic capital world, Coruscant. He has placed multiple cloaked asteroids around the planet, and through a ruse, he has led the New Republic leadership to believe that Coruscant is surrounded with them.

The Last Command like it's previous two installments also garnered critical praise for it's blockbuster ending and ended out the trilogy on a high note.

Note: The Last Command is notable for being the book to introduce Jaina and Jacen solo Leia and Hans twins, who would later become a massive part of the expanded universe and have storylines that place them as the main protagonist of the series. making the trilogy responsible for ushering in not one not two, but 4 major EU characters. 

Leia Organa Solo, holding her newborn twins, Jaina and Jacen (Topps, 1995)  : r/StarWarsEU

My thoughts: I remember loving this book when I read it, and although some of the events blur for me, I do think it was probably my favorite of the trilogy. I really need to re-read the series, because it has been so long.

The Last Command ranks #1 on the Star Wars novels making it the highest ranking novel in the countdown and wining the medal of honor:

Spoiler

The Rise of Skywalker: What Does Maz Kanata Give Chewbacca? | POPSUGAR  Entertainment

Series/author's so far: 

Timothy Zhan: 5

Legends novels: 9

Decades: 

1990s: 9

• Like 5

All Star Wars Novels to receive rankings: 

Spoiler

#1 The Last Command (#24)

#2 Dark Force Rising (#28

#2 Heir to the Empire (#28)

#4 Specter of the Past (#32)

#4 Vision of the Future (#33)

#6 I Jedi (#36)

#7 The High Republic: The Rising Storm (#38)

#8 Darth Plagueis  (#41)

#9 New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (#43)

#10 Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (#45)

#11 Lost Stars (#47)

#12 The High Light of the Jedi (#48)

#13 The Han Solo Adventures  (#49) 

#14 Fate of the Jedi: Outcast 

#15 Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil 

#16 Thrawn

#17 Old Republic: Decieved 

#18 Jedi Academy Jedi Search

#19 The Courtship of Princess Leia 

#19 Shatterpoint 

#21 Rebellion 

#22 Shadow of the Sith

#23 The Truce at Bakura

There we 25 Novels to receive points, I had a limit of 10 novels per list. there probably would have been even more without that limitation. and next time around I plan to have no limit on novel inclusion. 

• Like 1

#23 Star Wars Tales of the Jedi - 153 Points 

Tales of the Jedi (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

New! Tales of The Jedi was not released in 2020 countdown therefore is a new ranking. 

"Already so many have suffered for what you call order" - Jedi Master Yaddle

Star Wars Tales of the Jedi is a 2022 anthology miniseries created by Dave Filoni. released exclusivity on Disney+ on Oct 26th  2022. making it the most recent titled released to make the top 50. and newest tv series. it is the second animated show to make the top 50 and third overall beating out "Resistance"  by a large margin of 112 points, it also outranks the much more widely watch "Book of Boba Fett" 

Being a anthology series the show takes place in multiple timelines, some taking please decades before "The Phantom Menace, during the events of the Phantom Menace, the Clone Wars and one shortly after the events of Revenge of the Sith.  the show consisting of 6 short episodes (most approx 15 minutes ln length) and Focus Primarily on Ahsoka and Dooku.

Upon release tales of the Jedi received critical acclaim.  having a 100% positive ratio on Rotten Tomatoes,, with an average rating of 8.30/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Under the reliable stewardship of Dave Filoni, Tales of the Jedi is an absorbing expansion of Star Wars lore that will delight Padawan-level fans and encyclopedic Force scholars alike."

My thoughts: I loved this series, the animation is gorgeous and done very much in the same style as Clone Wars season 7. (only a little improved). I loved how we got to see Dooku as a Jedi and kind of Understand why he left the order, and it was nice seeing "Ashoka getting an origin story as well as some really interesting titbits about her and even a loose adaption of "Star Wars Ashoka the novel. however the the best part of this series. was Yaddle, who finally gets something of backstory and is voiced wonderfully by star wars director and actress Bryce Dallas Howard. 

TV Show ranking: #9

(Some Spoiler's here but these scenes are so awesome) 

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Dave Feloni: 2

Disney+: 2

Decades: 

2020s: 5

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

#22 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - 154 Points 

STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords for Nintendo  Switch - Nintendo Official Site

-7 Knights of the Old Republic II ranked 15 in the 2020 countdown  

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. - Kreia 

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is a role-play based video game released on Dec 6th 2004, Developed by  Obsidian Entertainment and published by LucasArts. it is the sequel to the original Knights of the Old Republic, and continues the story set of the first KOTOR, set 5 years after the events of the first game. However, this time you play as the Jedi Exile in stead of Revan. who is also customizable between male or female and with several different ethic groups and races, (although all human). the cannon version of the character is female and named Meetra Surik. the game play is very similar to KOTOR, but there were some modifications made for the sequel, such as new force powers and how your light side and dark side choices can now effect your whole party and that through conversation and getting to know your companions you can unlike a "force ability path" for almost every character in your group. 

Note: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic had an entire soundtrack composed Mark Griskey, it's a pretty great soundtrack.

Knights of the Old Republic II was met with positive reception upon its release; on Metacritic, it has an aggregate score of 85/100 and 86/100 on the PC and Xbox versions respectively, indicating "generally favorable reviews" according to the site.[66][67] IGN said that there is a bulk of pressure involved with developing the sequel to a game from a different developer which won several "Game of the Year" awards.

It was also a best seller By early 2006, Knights of the Old Republic II had sold almost 1.5 million copies.[55] Its sales in the United States alone reached 1.275 million by 2008.

My thoughts: This is probably my favorite video game of all time, and for all those of you who placed the original KOTOR so high and neglected this, shame on you. This is just iconic star wars at it's finest, the roleplay based game play is just as good as the original and actually improves it in quite a few ways. there is more force powers and more interaction and influence between characters. and imo this game has one of the most interesting complex characters in all of Star Wars in Kreia, she acts as a mentor to you as you have to re-learn your powers, but gives all this morally grey advice that is actually quite thought provoking and you think about it long after playing the game, the game is super immersive just staying on the main quests will take days upon days to complete and the side quests are so interesting why would you want to just run through the game, you have to gain influence with your party and by doing so you unlock different interactions with the characters that actually changes the entire outcome of the game, for example there is one character (minor Spoiler), Atton Rand he seems like a total Han Solo copy in many ways but he has this dark past and history and I played through this game the first time without even realizing this. he is force sensitive and can be trained to be a eh not jedi really but use force powers. but if you don't dig into his back story you will never unlock this ability for him, it's just brilliant (end of spoiler).  there are two different characters you can only have join your party if you are male or female. this game is just so freakin in depth, there is speeder bike races, Pazaak games. you can upgreade all of your characters and have 100s (maybe 1,000s?) of weapons and outfits to choose from). and I have always been fascinated by the sith and this dives deeper into thier lore than the original Kotor. I LOVE this game, please do yourself a favor and play it. it is one of the best video games ever made and an essential role-play game.

Note: there were some criticism that this game was rushed and not given a complete ending, and that is kind of true. it only came out a little over a year after the original KOTOR, and the story doesn't really tie everything up and there is still a lot of questions by the end of it, and it is really sad that there was never a KOTOR III,( Old Republic online game does not count) I honestly don't know why as these games were incredibly successful, ( I think one of the developers went under?? ). But there is such a rich story that I would love to see an HBO style show made adapting  both games and completing the story with a third. this is such a rich world and it kind of keep star wars alive when the prequels were met with lukewarm reception. there is KOTOR remake in the works, but I think it is kind of on hold atm. I really hope they don't screw it up.

while this was a "Legends" game, they have been vague about that and there have been alot of "Old Republic" references in more recent star wars cannon, namely Star Wars Andor: which directly references several things from "Knights of the Old Republic" so I feel it's just a matter of time before at least some version of it is canonized.  

#1 Rankings: 0
Top 3 Rankings: 1
Top 5 Rankings: 2
Bottom Rankings: 0

Knights of the Old Republic II is the 3rd highest ranking game to make the top 50 and it wins the blue milk award for being the third highest ranking game!

Spoiler

I Wish You Were Here - Bonus:

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Lucasarts: 7

Dave Feloni: 2

Disney+: 2

Decades: 

2000s: 11

2020s: 5

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

#21 Star Wars: Clone Wars - 156 Points 

Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003 TV series) - Wikipedia

-5 Clone Wars placed 16 in 2020 countdown

Star Wars: Clone Wars is a micro animated series created by Genndy Tartakovsky for the Cartoon network, the show was released in 2003 and last three seasons running from 2003-2005. the first two being micro episodes approx 3-5 minutes in length. the last season having longer but still short style episodes around 12 minutes in length. 

Cienie Isengardu — Favorite parts of Clone Wars [2003-2005]: Anakin's...

The Show like it's title focuses on the Clone Wars and covers the events right after Attack of the Clones and leads right into the events of Revenge of the Sith, While no longer considered canon, many elements from the show were put into the later canon series, and many were added. the character of Asoka Tano for example, a main character in the later series, is no where to be seen here. "The Clone Wars" released in 2003 it is the first prequel era tv show and the very first to cover events of the "Clone Wars"

The show was met with critical acclaim with an 88% "Fresh" rating on IMDB. and ranked anked 21 on IGN's Top 100 Animated Series list. from 2009.

My thoughts: I love this show, imo the best way to watch it is as a movie, I think it's is on Disney plus now. I have the dvd's volume 1 & 2 and they there is no entro after the first episode. and they are right around 2 hours in length making it feel very much like a movie. they have beautiful animation with an anime style, and it is very action heavy. so you don't get the character development of the newer clone wars show. but there is still some great character work in a few episodes and you get to see everyone pretty much be a bad-ass. also season 3 Shaak Ti is pretty much MPV of and is a total badass in it. I like the clone wars (2008) better because it's more in-depth and has high highs, but this show is more consistent and does not have a bad episode. plus it's really short. you can watch the whole series in a night. so do yourself a favor and watch it.

#1 Rankings: 0
Top 3 Rankings: 0
Top 5 Rankings: 1
Bottom Rankings: 0
TV Show Rankings: #8

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: