Kalo

The Top 50 of STAR WARS - A Countdown | countdown is complete #1 on page 8

#17 Jedi Fallen Order - 183 Points 

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order™ on Steam

"No, Failure Is Not The End. It Is A Necessary Part Of The Path." - Enos

+1 Jedi Fallen order Ranked #18 in 2020 countdown.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a 2019 action-adventure game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. The story is set in the Star Wars universe, five years after Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. It follows Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis, who becomes a target of the Galactic Empire and is hunted throughout the galaxy by the Imperial Inquisitors while attempting to complete his training, reconcile with his troubled past, and rebuild the fallen Jedi Order.

Cameron Monaghan on What He Wants Out of Jedi: Fallen Order 2

Released in 2019, Jedi Fallen Order was one of the first media releases that focuses on the survivors of the Jedi Purge, you playing as a Jedi Padawan who survived the purge and dealing with the rise of the empire makes it a unique game play experience the game is open world, the and travel back and forth to other planets while completing your quests and continuing the story of the character giving it a "Tomb Raider" or "Uncharted" feeling.

The game was a huge success by respawn is in the US, it was the second best-selling game in November and December 2019, only behind the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare reboot. With only two months of sales, it was still the sixth best-selling game of the year in the US, and Respawn's most profitable premium title of all-time.

The game received positive reviews from critics receiving several "Game of the Year" Awards. And is considered by many fans to be the best star wars video game of the "Disney" era and one of the best Star Wars games ever made. a sequel Jedi Survivor is set for release on April 28th, 2023.

My Thoughts: I love this game, I am a huge adventure game fan, Uncharted being one of my favorite games of all time, and Jedi Survivor takes traits from that game along with power ups from games like the "Tomb Raider" reboot. (which I also love) but it's set in the star wars universe. with force powers, it's awesome, there is tons of star wars lore here, "the inquisitors" from Star Wars rebels are incorporating and expanded upon. the story is super interesting, being set in the 'Dark times" of the jedi order makes everything feels super desperate and makes for some pretty tragic, compelling story telling, I also really liked the character of Kal Kestis. this is probably in my top 3 favorite Star Wars games, not quite KOTOR level. but up there with Jedi Outcast for me.

Jedi Fallen Order is the second highest ranking video game in the top 50, and one of only 2 to make the top 20 placements.

Jedi Fallen Order wins the blue kyber Crystal  award for ranking second in video games!

Spoiler

Kyber Crystal - Light Blue" iPad Case & Skin for Sale by captaingmurd |  Redbubble

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

High Republic: 2

Lego Star Wars: 2

James Luceno: 2

Michael A Stackpole: 1

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight: 3

Lucasarts: 7

Timothy Zhan: 5

Dave Feloni: 4

Disney+: 4

Legends novels: 9
Cannon novels: 3

Decades: 

1970s: 1

1980s: 1

1990s: 9

2000s: 12

2010s: 6

2020s: 7

• Like 7

#16 Obi-Wan Kenobi - 198 Points 

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Rotten Tomatoes

“Jedi cannot help what they are. Their compassion leaves a trail. The Jedi code is like an itch. He cannot help it" - Grand Inquisitor 

New! Obi-Wan Kenobi was unranked in 2020 countdown.

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi is a limited mini-series released for Disney+ on May 26th 2022, set 10 years after the events of "Revenge of the Sith" the show focuses on the title character, Obi-Wan during the dark days of the empire, and shows him in his hiding on Tatooine watching over Luke, but when Princess Leia is captured by the empire, he is approached by Bail Organa to rescue her, he is forced to leave tatooine behind and once again pick up his mantle as Jedi Knight.

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia Organa

Being rumored to have been happening for years, with actor Ewan McGregor behind the push for the show, Obi-Wan Kenobi was was the most anticipated star wars series in years, and when it was finally released on Disney+ it broke the streaming platforms record for most watched premiere in the streaming platforms history. the show while not universally praised did receive generally positive reviews from critics with Rotten Tomatoes reporting an 82% approval rating and an average score of 6.60/10, based on 297 reviews. The website's critics consensus reads, "This won't be the Obi-Wan Kenobi some viewers are looking for, but Ewan McGregor's soulful performance and some refreshing twists make this a satisfying – if circuitous – addition to the Star Wars saga.

Princess Leia Organa

The Series was met with a bit more divisiveness from fans, with some loving it and other saying it was the worst Disney+ star wars show do date. with an 7.1 on IMDB. it is actually the lowest rated live-action star wars series on the site. (Book of Boba Fett being second with 7.3). a decent but far from great score for a tv show. however if you take the rabid, occasionally toxic fanboy ratings with a grain of salt, I think the show is generally liked overall if not held to the high esteem of several other shows and movies in the star wars canon. 

Owen and Beru

My thoughts: I love Ewan McGregor and his portrayal of Obi-Wan in the star wars prequels is one of my favorite things about this movies so I was extremely excited when I heard that this was finally being made into a show and even more excited when I heard that Hayden Christenson was returning as Ankain Skywalker / Darth Vader.  along with several other prequel era actors such as Joel Edgerton as Own Lars. this was envision as a movie at first, and a part of me is a bit sad that it was not released as a movie, you can kind of tell it was envisioned that way and with added filler to make a 6 episodes series. look I love the prequels, I grew up with them so this show would have to be truly awful for not to like it, and while I had my issues with it(a lot of issues tbh) , I liked it, I liked it a lot, just seeing Ewan back as Obi-Wan was surreal to me, and he does a great job in this show, Hayden also does a great job, but I was really disappointed with how little they gave him to do, having only a couple scenes as Anakin and the majority being Darth Vader, which he does well, having watched Shattered glass and Life as a house last year, I realized Hayden is actually a pretty good actor, George Lucas is amazing, but he is not an actor director and got some of the worst performances out of good actors with him directing. I am kind of ashamed that Disney era star wars gave Hayden such a cold shoulder for the longest time, and even in this it's like they were afraid to give too much screen-time, shame on them for that. I liked that they included Leia as a child and the dynamic between here and Obi-Wan was cute, sure she wasn't the best actress, but she was fine. I would have loved more clone wars flashbacks as well but yeah.

There is some really cheesy scenes in this show, and like I said it's pretty flawed and I think it could have been made better, but I still really liked this show overall, if they do a season 2, I hope they get the people who worked on Andor to work on it and get some real sets, too much cheap green screen here.

This is one my favorite bad scenes ever lol

Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 5th highest ranking star wars show to make the top 50 and the 3rd highest ranking live action star wars series, thus wining a blue milk award for 3rd highest ranking live-action star wars show 

Spoiler

ANDOR BLUE MILK CEREAL - Imgflip

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Disney+: 5

Decades: 

2000s: 12

2020s: 8

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 8

#15 Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones - 236 points 

Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack Of The Clones - US Final Style - 2002 - Reel  Deals Movie Posters Product Details

-5 Attack of the Clones Ranked #10 in the 2020 countdown 

"I don't like sand, it's course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" - Anakin Skywalker 

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones  was directed by George Lucas and released on May 16th 2002, it is the second film in the prequel trilogy and deals with Anakin's romance with now senator Padem Amidala, and follows Obi-Wan as he follow the mysterious formation of the clone army. and the events leading into the clone wars.

Attack of the Clone received mixed to positive reviews from critics, being praised for it's extensive visuals and action scenes and world-building, but criticized for it thinly written characters, wooden dialogue and less stellar acting. 

The film holds a 65% "Fresh" rating on Rotten tomato's ranking it 9th of the live action star wars films: above, The Phantom Menace's 51% Rise of Skywalkyers 52% and just below Solo's 69% positive ratio. despite a good number of star wars fans believing this is the worst star wars film, it's actually seen in at least slightly better light by most critics. 

On IMDB it has a 6.6 out of 10. .1 above The Rise of Skywalker and The Phantom Menace. making it the rank 9th by fan ratings as well. 

Attack of the clones is the lowest grossing prequel film with $310.7m domestically and $653.8m worldwide making ranking 8th out of 12t dom and worldwide. 

Despite it's criticisms Attack of the Clones would end up becoming a incredibly important film as far as influencing the star wars universe, being the first film to show the clone wars, the clone army and Hayden Christenson as anakin, many elements from the film would be used for the immensely popular "Clone Wars" series. as well as many novels and future films. it is also famous for having some of the most memorable  and highest praised music themes in the star wars saga including the love theme "Across the Stars.

My thoughts: I was obsessed with this movie when it came out, I was 11 when I saw it in theaters and I loved it, I just absolutely loved this movie when it came out, so say what you will about this movie, but people who were around my age when this came out, generally felt the same way as me and I don't think you can discount how much an impact the prequels had on kids. I was pretty lonely at that time in my life and star wars as sad as it may sound was kind of my best friend, it was this place I would escape to, role-play as ect. so it's hard for me to be hard on this film, but yes as an adult I do realize there is some pretty cringe worthy stuff in this, the romance between Anakin and Padme working in concept only, Anakin comes of as incredibly immature and down right predatory at parts, and I honestly have to invent reasons as to why Padme would want to be with him, I use that she has this weird dark side as well that is attracted to psycho prone young men. it's her one flaw. 

but I still really like this movie, it's world building is incredible, I love love Coruscant and the speeder chase seen is still pretty thrilling, Obi-Wan when he isn't being a bad master to Anakin (because let's face it, he is a bad master) is pretty awesome as a jedi, and him seeking out the mystery of the clone army commissioned by sifo dyas is very intriguing, the battle in the area, is amazing, it's the first time we see a mass battle with hundreds of Jedi and it's awesome, the score by john Williams is fantastic, it's not my all time favorite anymore. like I said there is a lot of issues with this film, acting directing and story-wise, but the overall story is very good and the world-building is fantastic. so I would definitely give this a recommendation. I would actually place it above TPM I'll give it a B+.

Attack of the clones is the 10th highest ranking Star Wars film out-ranking The Rise of Skywalker by 69 points, a fairly wide margin, granted it is still the second lowest ranking live action star wars, and had several bottom rankings, but it also had a #1 ranking and a few in the top 5. (RoS did not). meaning there are fans of this movie and I can see why, I can also see why some people would hate it, heck if I were in my 20s or 30s when this came out, I probably would be a lot harder on it than I am now. 

Spoiler

1# Rankings: 1
Top 3 Rankings: 1
Top 5 Rankings: 2
Bottom rankings: 4

Movie Ranking: #10

Spoiler

Series/author's so far: 

Decades: 

2000s: 13

• Like 6

#14 Solo A Star Wars Story - 246 points 

Solo: A Star Wars Story | StarWars.com

“You might want to buckle up, baby.” - Lando Calrissian 

-6 Solo placed #8 in the 2020 countdown

Solo A Star Wars Story was released on May 25th, 2018, and it was directed by Ron Howard, (sort of)

It follows a young Han Solo, before his rebellion days, showing him in his prime smuggling days, and how he met is pa Chebecca and go that fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!

Solo: A Star Wars Story' Review: It May Be Inessential, But It's Also  Utterly Delightful | WIRED

Out of all the Star Wars films, Solo had probably the most troubled productions in Star Wars history (well expect for maybe the original Star Wars."  originally  chris lord and phil miller were set to direct the film, well more than set to direct it, but due to "creative" difference were fired from the film mid-way through filming, well not really midway, it has been reported that when Ron Howard came in to finish the film that 85% of what Lord and Miller filmed had to be reshot. there is some speculation on what exactly went down, but apparently they way drifting too far from the script for the producers and used too much improvised scenes with the actors. And were have said to be making it too much of a comedy for Disney's taste. and there were also reports of disagreement with how they shot things on set.

Emilia Clarke Appreciates The 'Star Wars: Solo' Love But Denies Involvement  With The 'Lando' Series

despite all the drama when the film was released it managed to get decent, if not great reviews from critics, on Rotten tomatoes, Solo has an approval rating of 69% based on 484 reviews, with an average rating of 6.4/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "A flawed yet fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans who check their expectations at the theater door."

Because there was soo many reshoots of the film it's budget was reported to balloon to $250m, and it ended up bombing at the box office (for a Star Wars movie) grossing only $213m at the domestic box office and $393m worldwide. the lowest grossing live action film to date. it is also the only star wars film to lose the studio money, a reported $77m.

Solo did managed decent fan ratings and has a bit of a cult following, it has a 6.9/10 on IMDB. and a 3.0 out of 5 on Letterboxd. some criticised for feeling to cooperate and feeling it's editing was a bit messy. 

My thoughts: I actually was not like super excited for this movie, it came out a fear months after The Last Jedi, which I liked at first then over time had alot of issues with (which I have finally come to, mostly peace with you). and I guess I felt that it couldn't be better than "The Paradise Snare" and I watched it and after hearing all the negativity I was kind of like "hey it's not that bad, it's actually kind of good." though not as good as the mentioned novel and it did feel a little too "corporate for me" and the story was kind of weak overall. but two things really stood out to me, Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo and Donald Glover as a Young Lando Calrissian, who were both fantastic in their roles imo, I know people say you can't recast Harrison Ford. but I really don't want to watch a two hour deep fake about a young Han, and a new actor is just not going to be exactly the same as the original and they both added fresh takes to the characters imo, especially Donald Glover who I thought was easily the best thing about the movie, and has the best yellow shirt and cape like ever. I didn't think this was the best Star Wars has to offer, but I am sad it bombed so hard cause it had really good set up for a great sequel. maybe we will get a Lando Disney+ spin-off at least? 

Note:  Solo was neck and neck with Attack of the Clones placement during almost all of my scoring and I had to double check thier scores to see what would end up on top. in the end Solo ended up beating AotC by a mere 10 points. 

Spoiler

1# Rankings: 0
Top 5 Rankings: 1
Bottom rankings: 0

Movie ranking #9 

Series/author's so far: 

Decades: 

2010s: 7

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 10

#13 Star Wars Rebels - 252 points 

Star Wars Rebels poster  -  11 x 17 inches  - Picture 1 of 1

+4 Rebels ranked #17 in 2020 countdown 

"I Lost My Way For A Long Time. But Now I Have The Chance To Change Things." - Kanan Jarrus 

Star Wars Rebels is a 3D animated Star Wars Show that originally aired on Disney XD from Oct 3rd, 2014, to March 5th 2018. it takes place approximately 15 years after the fall of the Republic, and most of the story focuses on the formation of the rebel alliance, and the few survivors from the great Jedi Purge. Rebels is something of a sequel series to the Clone Wars, Dave Faloni having involvement on both shows, and having many characters from that show pop up such as Ashoka Tano, but the show show primarily focuses on original characters  namely the crew of the ship the "ghost" and their covert operations against the galactic empire.

Rebels consists of 4 seasons and 75 episodes, it was the first tv series released after Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012. the show was a success for the studio garnering a 98% approval rating on rotten tomatoes.  Season 4 has received a 100% score based on 10 reviews with an average rating of 9.20/10, the website's critics consensus reads, "The Force is with these Rebels in a thrilling conclusion that plays to its characters' strengths while serving up plenty of galactic spectacle. the show also garnered several awards including 4 Emmy nominations, including a nom for "Outstanding Children's Program" in 2017 and 2018.

Rebels carries a strong 8.0 out of 10 on IMDB. and has over the years managed to build a significant fanbase, second only to "The Clone Wars" in terms of Star Wars animation, while season 1 was thought of was a bit more childish, and the animation was more simple (and clearly a bit cheaper) the show progressed as the seasons went on and came to have some of the best rated episodes in animation, or any show for that matter, with the Twilight of the apprentice arch in season 2 carrying a 9.3 and 9.8 out of 10 rating. other stand out our twin suns season 3 with a 9.3, Jedi Night in season 4 with 9.4 and the final 3 episodes with a combined 9.1 average. it is also one of the first shows to canonize a legends character Grand Admiral "Thrawn" being introduced in the opening of season 3. with an almost identical back story and characteristics as the version from the novels. 

the show is also notable for introducing the inquisitors, which have later been used in Jedi Fallen Order and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The show ended with some loose ends about certain characters, that without getting too much into spoilers, that it looks like will be covered in the upcoming "Ahsoka" Disney+ show, which has already to have confirmed several characters from the show making their live-action debut, and is turning out to be a sequel of sorts to "Rebels" there is also several characters and story beats that get some attention in the sequel/prequel series. "Star Wars the Bad Batch.

My thoughts: I loved this show, like a lot, but you have to get through the first season, granted it is not bad, it is enjoyable enough and the final is pretty great. but it definitely starts out more kid friendly, and the animation doe take some getting used to, and the characters seem pretty thin at first. but once season 2 starts and reintroduces Ahsoka. it really picks up speed and becomes increasing good and more deep emotionally and by the final season almost all the characters have had these great arches and you love them all and on a epic scale. while there is quite a few filler episodes the good episodes are just so GOOD, like Twilight of the apprentice is one of my favorite arches in any show like ever. but a close second would be the A World Between Worlds episode in season 4, which really dives into the mythos of the force in a way we haven't really seen in the films. like, the last half of season 4 is just near perfect. granted if your not into animation maybe this won't be for you, but if you are a huge Star Wars fan or definitely if you are a clone wars fan I would say this is pretty much essential star wars watching.

Fun fact: Vanessa Marshall who voices Hera Syndella in rebels also voices Jan Ors in Star Wars Jedi Outcast.

Note: One of the voices Rey here's in the Rise of Skywalker is that of Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus saying "In A Heart Of A Jedi Lies Her Strength."

Star Wars Rebels had a decent 4 point ranking jump since 2020, and managed to rank higher than 3 theatrical Star Wars movies and make it's way into the top 15 not bad for an animated film aimed at "children" it is also the 4th highest ranking star wars show and second highest ranking animated star wars show wining it the fish egg in blue water award (yes I am making these up as I go along ).

Baby Yoda Eggs GIFs | Tenor

Spoiler

Top 5 Rankings: 3
Bottom Rankings: 0

Series/author's so far: 

Dave Feloni: 5

Decades: 

2010s: 8

• Like 6

On 2/18/2023 at 11:33 PM, Kalo said:

#15 Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones - 236 points 

Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack Of The Clones - US Final Style - 2002 - Reel  Deals Movie Posters Product Details

-5 Attack of the Clones Ranked #10 in the 2020 countdown 

"I don't like sand, it's course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" - Anakin Skywalker 

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones  was directed by George Lucas and released on May 16th 2002, it is the second film in the prequel trilogy and deals with Anakin's romance with now senator Padem Amidala, and follows Obi-Wan as he follow the mysterious formation of the clone army. and the events leading into the clone wars.

Attack of the Clone received mixed to positive reviews from critics, being praised for it's extensive visuals and action scenes and world-building, but criticized for it thinly written characters, wooden dialogue and less stellar acting. 

The film holds a 65% "Fresh" rating on Rotten tomato's ranking it 9th of the live action star wars films: above, The Phantom Menace's 51% Rise of Skywalkyers 52% and just below Solo's 69% positive ratio. despite a good number of star wars fans believing this is the worst star wars film, it's actually seen in at least slightly better light by most critics. 

On IMDB it has a 6.6 out of 10. .1 above The Rise of Skywalker and The Phantom Menace. making it the rank 9th by fan ratings as well. 

Attack of the clones is the lowest grossing prequel film with $310.7m domestically and $653.8m worldwide making ranking 8th out of 12t dom and worldwide. 

Despite it's criticisms Attack of the Clones would end up becoming a incredibly important film as far as influencing the star wars universe, being the first film to show the clone wars, the clone army and Hayden Christenson as anakin, many elements from the film would be used for the immensely popular "Clone Wars" series. as well as many novels and future films. it is also famous for having some of the most memorable  and highest praised music themes in the star wars saga including the love theme "Across the Stars.

My thoughts: I was obsessed with this movie when it came out, I was 11 when I saw it in theaters and I loved it, I just absolutely loved this movie when it came out, so say what you will about this movie, but people who were around my age when this came out, generally felt the same way as me and I don't think you can discount how much an impact the prequels had on kids. I was pretty lonely at that time in my life and star wars as sad as it may sound was kind of my best friend, it was this place I would escape to, role-play as ect. so it's hard for me to be hard on this film, but yes as an adult I do realize there is some pretty cringe worthy stuff in this, the romance between Anakin and Padme working in concept only, Anakin comes of as incredibly immature and down right predatory at parts, and I honestly have to invent reasons as to why Padme would want to be with him, I use that she has this weird dark side as well that is attracted to psycho prone young men. it's her one flaw. 

but I still really like this movie, it's world building is incredible, I love love Coruscant and the speeder chase seen is still pretty thrilling, Obi-Wan when he isn't being a bad master to Anakin (because let's face it, he is a bad master) is pretty awesome as a jedi, and him seeking out the mystery of the clone army commissioned by sifo dyas is very intriguing, the battle in the area, is amazing, it's the first time we see a mass battle with hundreds of Jedi and it's awesome, the score by john Williams is fantastic, it's not my all time favorite anymore. like I said there is a lot of issues with this film, acting directing and story-wise, but the overall story is very good and the world-building is fantastic. so I would definitely give this a recommendation. I would actually place it above TPM I'll give it a B+.

Attack of the clones is the 10th highest ranking Star Wars film out-ranking The Rise of Skywalker by 69 points, a fairly wide margin, granted it is still the second lowest ranking live action star wars, and had several bottom rankings, but it also had a #1 ranking and a few in the top 5. (RoS did not). meaning there are fans of this movie and I can see why, I can also see why some people would hate it, heck if I were in my 20s or 30s when this came out, I probably would be a lot harder on it than I am now. 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I saw TPM and then this when I was 14.  It’s the movie that convinced me that Star Wars was terrible and I shouldn’t watch it.  It would be another 12 years before I decided to give ANH a chance.  It has not improved with age, but fortunately the rest of the movies are much better.

1 hour ago, ZackM said:

I saw TPM and then this when I was 14.  It’s the movie that convinced me that Star Wars was terrible and I shouldn’t watch it.  It would be another 12 years before I decided to give ANH a chance.  It has not improved with age, but fortunately the rest of the movies are much better.

They are not the best movies, but I love them for nostalgia. how old were you when it came out? just curious. 

On 2/21/2023 at 11:15 PM, ZackM said:

This post's wording confused me. What hasn't improved with age? TPM or ANH?

#12 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - 267 points 

STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™ on Steam

+2 Knights of the Old Republic ranked #14 in 2020 countdown. 

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force." - The Jedi Code.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic often referred to as "KOTOR" is a role-play based Star Wars game released by BioWare and Published by Lucasarts. Set in the days of the old republic thousands of years before the rise of the empire, you play as Reven, a mysterious force sensitive passenger with amnesia, who escapes the from the repbulic ship, the Endar Spire, from a Sith empire attack, he along with Carth O'Nasi, escapes to the planet Taris. there the look for the Jedi Knight Bastilla Shan, who's legendary Battle Meditation may be the key to wining the war for the republic. 

In the game you can choose your race, and gender with several different skins to choose from, although the cannon version has been believed to be male. you can also gain influence points from your party and unlock different paths with major and minor characters throughout the game, most of the choices you make also have a light side and dark side scale, bringing you closer to either side.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is considered to this day to be one of the greatest star wars video games off all time, many would say the greatest, not just Star Wars book one of the best games ever made period. in fact in 2010. , Game Informer named the game the 54th best game on their Top 200 Games of All Time list.

Upon released the game received "universal acclaim" according to review aggregator Metacritic, and won numerous awards, including Game Developers Choice Awards' 2004 game of the year, BAFTA Games Awards' best Xbox game of the year, and Interactive Achievement Awards for best console RPG and best computer RPG] Gamestop named it the best Xbox game of July 2003, and best computer game of November 2003.

Knights of the Old Republic has seen success as the game of the year from many sources including IGN, Computer Gaming World, PC Gamer, GMR, The Game Developers Choice Awards, Xbox Magazine, and G4.[Computer Games Magazine named it the best computer game of 2003, and presented it with awards for "Best Original Music" and "Best Writing." The editors wrote, "The elegance and accessibility that BioWare made part-and-parcel of this game should be the future standard for this genre." According to the review aggregator Metacritic, the PC version received an average score of 93 based on 33 reviews.[59] In total, the game has won over 40 game of the year awards from various publications.

The game was also a massive finical success In the United States alone, the Xbox version of Knights of the Old Republic sold 1.3 million copies and earned $44 million by July 2006. It also received a "Silver" sales award from the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association, indicating sales of at least 100,000 copies in the United Kingdom. when it launched on July 15th 2003. the first Xbox shipment of Knights of the Old Republic sold out within four days on shelves, which amounted to 250,000 sales during that period.

A Remake of the game was announced in Sept 2021. but progress has slowed and several contributors have left the project. as far as I know the game has not been canceled. but it was originally planned for a release later this year, and is now looking at a 2025 release widow, there has been talk that it is being envisioned as a potential trilogy. but some fear the game may never been finished due to all the behind the scenes drama.   

My thoughts: I already listed a lot of my love for this series in my KOTOR II write up, I love this game it is my favorite game series off all time, it is just magnificent, and I have spent hours upon hours playing it over the years, I have beat it numinous times, the soundtrack is right up there with the films in how great it is, I still can't believe they never released an official soundtrack for the game.

You can choose light side or dark side but I remember, I used to hate taking the dark side path, though eventually I did give in and starting playing down that path, but I can't remember if I actually beat it on dark side yet. your characters skin literally  turns grey and their eyes get yellow if you fall deep enough down that path, it's kind of gross, and if you only choose light-side eventually the profile glows this bright light and your companions tell you how 'enlightened you seem"  it's pretty cool, I used to be so obsessed with getting all light side points that I would quit the game and go to my last save if I accidently got dark side points lol I remember my youngest sister who was like 5 when she played it always wanted to be dark side and when get her character evil super fast and I got mad at her lol, good times. I would love for this to be adapted in to a film trilogy or series some day, but maybe not by Disney, as I have very little faith they would do it justice. but it has such a rich story, especially for a video game, if done right you could make something really special out of it, if you haven't yet please do yourself a favor and play this game.

The Sith Code: 

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion, Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory, through victory, my chains are broken. - The Sith Code.

Star Wars Knight's of the Old Republic is the highest ranking game in the top 50. and the only game to make it into the top 15. just missing the top 10 by 2 rankings. wining it the Darksaber award. 

Darksaber GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Top 3 Rankings: 3
Top 5 Rankings: 5

Video Game ranking: 1#

Spoiler

Lucasarts: 8

Decades: 

2000s: 14

• Like 6

On 2/27/2023 at 1:40 PM, Kalo said:

#12 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - 267 points 

STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™ on Steam

+2 Knights of the Old Republic ranked #14 in 2020 countdown. 

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force." - The Jedi Code.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic often referred to as "KOTOR" is a role-play based Star Wars game released by BioWare and Published by Lucasarts. Set in the days of the old republic thousands of years before the rise of the empire, you play as Reven, a mysterious force sensitive passenger with amnesia, who escapes the from the repbulic ship, the Endar Spire, from a Sith empire attack, he along with Carth O'Nasi, escapes to the planet Taris. there the look for the Jedi Knight Bastilla Shan, who's legendary Battle Meditation may be the key to wining the war for the republic. 

In the game you can choose your race, and gender with several different skins to choose from, although the cannon version has been believed to be male. you can also gain influence points from your party and unlock different paths with major and minor characters throughout the game, most of the choices you make also have a light side and dark side scale, bringing you closer to either side.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is considered to this day to be one of the greatest star wars video games off all time, many would say the greatest, not just Star Wars book one of the best games ever made period. in fact in 2010. , Game Informer named the game the 54th best game on their Top 200 Games of All Time list.

Upon released the game received "universal acclaim" according to review aggregator Metacritic, and won numerous awards, including Game Developers Choice Awards' 2004 game of the year, BAFTA Games Awards' best Xbox game of the year, and Interactive Achievement Awards for best console RPG and best computer RPG] Gamestop named it the best Xbox game of July 2003, and best computer game of November 2003.

Knights of the Old Republic has seen success as the game of the year from many sources including IGN, Computer Gaming World, PC Gamer, GMR, The Game Developers Choice Awards, Xbox Magazine, and G4.[Computer Games Magazine named it the best computer game of 2003, and presented it with awards for "Best Original Music" and "Best Writing." The editors wrote, "The elegance and accessibility that BioWare made part-and-parcel of this game should be the future standard for this genre." According to the review aggregator Metacritic, the PC version received an average score of 93 based on 33 reviews.[59] In total, the game has won over 40 game of the year awards from various publications.

The game was also a massive finical success In the United States alone, the Xbox version of Knights of the Old Republic sold 1.3 million copies and earned $44 million by July 2006. It also received a "Silver" sales award from the Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association, indicating sales of at least 100,000 copies in the United Kingdom. when it launched on July 15th 2003. the first Xbox shipment of Knights of the Old Republic sold out within four days on shelves, which amounted to 250,000 sales during that period.

A Remake of the game was announced in Sept 2021. but progress has slowed and several contributors have left the project. as far as I know the game has not been canceled. but it was originally planned for a release later this year, and is now looking at a 2025 release widow, there has been talk that it is being envisioned as a potential trilogy. but some fear the game may never been finished due to all the behind the scenes drama.   

My thoughts: I already listed a lot of my love for this series in my KOTOR II write up, I love this game it is my favorite game series off all time, it is just magnificent, and I have spent hours upon hours playing it over the years, I have beat it numinous times, the soundtrack is right up there with the films in how great it is, I still can't believe they never released an official soundtrack for the game.

You can choose light side or dark side but I remember, I used to hate taking the dark side path, though eventually I did give in and starting playing down that path, but I can't remember if I actually beat it on dark side yet. your characters skin literally  turns grey and their eyes get yellow if you fall deep enough down that path, it's kind of gross, and if you only choose light-side eventually the profile glows this bright light and your companions tell you how 'enlightened you seem"  it's pretty cool, I used to be so obsessed with getting all light side points that I would quit the game and go to my last save if I accidently got dark side points lol I remember my youngest sister who was like 5 when she played it always wanted to be dark side and when get her character evil super fast and I got mad at her lol, good times. I would love for this to be adapted in to a film trilogy or series some day, but maybe not by Disney, as I have very little faith they would do it justice. but it has such a rich story, especially for a video game, if done right you could make something really special out of it, if you haven't yet please do yourself a favor and play this game.

The Sith Code: 

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion, Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory, through victory, my chains are broken. - The Sith Code.

Star Wars Knight's of the Old Republic is the highest ranking game in the top 50. and the only game to make it into the top 15. just missing the top 10 by 2 rankings. wining it the Darksaber award. 

Darksaber GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Top 3 Rankings: 3
Top 5 Rankings: 5

Video Game ranking: 1#

Reveal hidden contents

true classic

Spiritual predecessor to the Mass Effect game trilogy

The only game I haver ever completed only to immediately start a second playthrough minutes later.

Deserves its #1 game on the list indeed!

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 2

#11 Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 295 Points 

20/20 Movie Review: Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace - 1999 -  SoundVapors

-2 The Phantom Menace ranked #9 in 2020 countdown.

"I'm a Person and my name is Anakin!" - Anakin Skywalker

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace. its the film of the prequel Trilogy and was released on May 19th, 1999. 16 years after Return of the Jedi. making it the biggest gap between any star wars film release. It was announced in October 1993, that George Lucas would be making more Star Wars films and that they would be prequels to the original trilogy focusing on young Anakin Skywalker, before he was "Darth Vader" Star Wars already being one of the most beloved franchises of all time before TPM's release. by the time the film came out, it was met with a fever pitch anticipation and expectations were through the ruff. the film opened on a Wednesday to $28m breaking the record for largest opening day of all time. as well as the largest 5 day opening at the time with $105.7m. However the film couldn't not meet fan expectations and was met with mixed critical reviews, most praising the ground-breaking visuals and world building, but criticising wooden dialogue, spotty acting and uneven script. none the less the film ended up grossing $431m domestically. making it the third highest grossing film of all time upon release, (only behind Titanic and the original star wars after it's 1997 re-release). 

Today it has grossed $474m domestically and $1b,027m worldwide . making it the 4th highest grossing Star Wars film of all time. (only behind the Sequel Trilogy which released 16-20 years later).

On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 51% based on 237 reviews, with an average rating of 5.9/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Burdened by exposition and populated with stock characters, The Phantom Menace gets the Star Wars prequels off to a bumpy – albeit visually dazzling – start."[154] As of July 2022, the film is the lowest-rated live-action film of the Star Wars series dropping below The Rise of Skywalker.[155] On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 51 out of 100, based on 36 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".[156] Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A−" on an A+ to F scale.

Placing at #11 The Phantom Menace ranks #8 out of #11 of the live-action theatrical releases. coming above, Rise of Skywalker, Attack of the Clones and Solo A Star wars Story, and just missing the top 10. 

The Phantom Menace GIF - The Phantom Menace - Discover & Share GIFs

I am a bit surprised it ended ranking so high as quite a few people would consider this movie the worst in the series. but I think in the end the Duel of the Fates which is a high-light not only in the film, but considered one of the best duels in the whole series, as well as one of the best composed scores for star wars ever. and I think it gave it the edge over Clones and Solo for that, and after RoS. it is looked on with a little less criticism over time. I know it was a weighted ranking system, but I don't not believe this film would rank up almost 300 points, without being a least in part generally liked by Star Wars fans. I myself like the film despite it's short-comings.

Jar-jar-binks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Top 5 Rankings: 2
Bottom rankings: 1

The Phantom Menace was nominated for 3 Oscars, best sound, best sound-editing, and best visual effects.

My thoughts: This is the first Star Wars film that I remember when it came out, the was this craze for, merchandise was all over the place. I do remember watching a video with George Lucas talking about making this movie a few years before it came out, but I must have been 5-6 years old when I watched it, I was 8 years old when this movie released and was just starting to like the originals (they scarred me a bit when I first watched them when I was 5 or so.) So I did want to watch this movie, but I think my parent's decided because of "Darth Maul" they decide to wait until the film was released on VHS in 2000 to let me watch it, thus I didn't see it in theaters on original release. I had already gotten a lot of the action figures for it by then though. But when I was finally able to watch it, I LOVED it. my whole family loved it actually. we must have watched it about 7 times the first week we bought it, I was 9 at the time the same age as Anakin and I thought of myself as him and would get my first major celebrity crush yes on Natalie Portman, I was just like in love with her (until I released I was gay haha, and maybe bi now?, bi for Natalie anyways ). anyways I don't know what it is about this film but kids seem to just love it, so I think you gotta give it some credit for that, I would probably watch this movie about once a week for the next couple years and Attack of the Clones became my most anticipated film of my young life (until) Revenge of the Sith anyways. and for better or worse this is my most watched film of all time, and I think it will stay that way because I just don't re-watch many films any more and will probably watch again every few years. I don't know for sure, but I must have seen this movie at least 300 times at this point.  So yes this movie is really nostalgic for me.

But watching this movie as an adult, it does have a lot of short-comings, it's kind of boring at parts, Jar Jar Binks is annoying (although not really that annoying) and the acting and dialogue is a bit wooden, Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor still give good performances though as well as Ian McDormand, who is probably one of the acting high-lights of the prequels. but honestly I have seen this movie so many times it's kind of hard to enjoy watching it, so honestly I would still considered this a good movie, but it is probably my least favorite prequel film.  

Spoiler

Decades: 

1990s: 10

2000s: 14

• Like 8

Sorry guys I know this is going really slow, but we finally have made it to the top 10! thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoyed reading so far. 

And guess what 3 non-films have made it until the top 10! can you guess what they are?

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

#10 Star Wars The Clone Wars - 353 points 

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV Series 2008–2020) - IMDb

+1 Clone Wars ranked #11 in 2020 countdown

"There is no justice, no law, no order,
except for the one that will replace it!" - Maul 

Ahsoka Maul GIF - Ahsoka Maul Mandalore - Discover & Share GIFs

Star Wars The Clone Wars is an animated television series originally released on Cartoon Network in October 2008, although a theatrical film was released in August 2008 that jump started the show. (But that film is widely regarded as inferior to the series.) The Series takes places between the events of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith and follow Anakin Skywalker Obi-Wan and the clones as they navigate the Clone Wars, the show is perhaps most famous for introducing now fan-favorite Character "Ashoka Tano" Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Apprentice. 

Spoiler

the show would run for 5 seasons on Cartoon Network consisting of approximately 22 episodes a season approx. 22 minutes in length on Cartoon network and the 6th and many believed final season would release on Netflix on March 7th 2014, this time only consisting of 13 episodes, and thought of as done because of Disney's New acquisition of Lucas film and for years the show was assumed to be scraped despite plans for a seventh season. But finally it was announced that a seventh and final season consisting of 12 episodes would be released on Disney+ in starting Feb 21st 2020. in all the show ran from 2008-2020. and consisting of 133 episodes, making it the longest running star wars series in years and episodes count ever.  The Show is considered Cannon and is the most fully document media documenting the period of the clone wars in all of star wars cannon.

The Show unlike the film was met with a much warmer critical reception, which only grow over time.

The series began with generally positive reviews at first and over time the series achieved critical acclaim for its writing, emotional depth, lore expansion and voice acting. On July 11, 2008, television critics were shown a completed episode of the series. The Hollywood Reporter called the footage "likely the most photo-realistic animated TV series ever produced."[56]

Season 1

Padawanlost — aayla-securas: endless gifs of aayla secura. ...

Season one is considered by most to be the weakest and most kid friendly of the series. although it is still considered a vast improvement from the film and has some memorable story arches "Rookies" the first episode giving the clones actually character development and making them feel like real characters for the first time.

On Rotten Tomatoes, the first season has an approval rating of 69% based on 16 critic reviews, with an average rating of 5.70/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "With an agreeably entertaining first season, Star Wars: The Clone Wars opens a fun, kid-friendly chapter of the franchise's sprawling mythology

Season 3-7 all carry a 100% positive critical approval rating. Season 3 really being when the series vamps up.  

Some memorable story arches include the nightsister arch in season 3 (Nightsisters, monster, witches of the mist) the Mortis Arch S3 (Overlords, Altar of Mortis, Ghosts of Mortis) The Umbaran arch Season 4 (The General, Plan of dissent, Carnage of Krell ) Maul's re-introduction (Brothers, Revenge, Revival, S4 Ep 21-22 and S51) The Mandaore Arch (S5 Ep 14-16) The Trial of Asoka Tano S5 Ep 17-20) Orders (S6) and Yoda's Training S6 Ep 10-13. 

And of course the final arch The Siege of Mandaore S7 Ep 9-12 which takes place co-currently with the events of Revenge of the Sith and is considered not only some of Star Wars content ever, but one of the best story arches in television period. 

Season 7

imperial march — The Clone Wars 7.12 Victory and Death

On Rotten Tomatoes, the seventh season has an approval rating of 100% based on 24 critic reviews, with an average rating of 7.70/10. The site's critics consensus reads, "Thanks to its beautifully animated action-sequences and its impressively layered storytelling, The Clone Wars' final chapter affirms its place as one of Star Wars' greatest entries.

Star Wars the clone wars was nominated for 21 Daytime Emmy Awards wining 3 of them, sound mixing and Editing for an animated program, Outstanding Individual in Animation, (Chris Voy ) & Outstanding Special Class Animated Program.

My thoughts: I love this series, I was not super into it when it first came out though, I didn't have tv so I would watch some episodes at my brothers house when it was airing or online, but kind of lost track. I thought they were fine, but not great or anything, this would have been when the first two seasons were airing. then once the series dropped on Netflix, I watched all six seasons and loved it, the quality of animation and storytelling goes up tremendously once you get to season 3. and this show deals with some really dark, heavily themes for an animated show aimed at kids (which is strangely probably not it's core audience). like the mortality of war, corruption of power, death, the flaws of the Republic and the Jedi order. basically every question and criticism of the prequel trilogy is addressed and answered throughout the series and it is very thought provoking at times. sure it has the silly kiddy episode here and there,  but for the most part this is a deceivingly mature show. and I love it for that, it's doesn't pandered to it's audience's intelligent and assumes they can handle it, it vastly improves Anakin and Obi-Wan and Ashoka who starts out kind of a whinny teen is given one of the most full character arches in all of star wars. The Wrong Jedi and the Phantom Apprentice being some of my all time favorite star wars content. sure the show dips up and down in quality some. (the Martez storyline being maybe the worst in the series, which happens arguably before the best). when this show shines it's a masterpiece. do yourself a favor and watch it if you haven't already

Spoiler

Star Wars the Clone Wars is the 3rd highest ranking Star Wars series, and the highest ranking Animated series to make the top 10, making it the only animated star was show to make the top 10. 

Clone Wars wins the white lightsaber blades award for ranking #1 animated series.

Spoilers) why did the Beskar Spear glowed red when Din Djarin was using it  to fight against Moff Gideon and the Darksaber but not when Morgan Elsbeth  was fighting Ahsoka Tano and

Spoiler

Dave Feloni: 6

Disney+: 6

Decades: 

1990s: 10

2000s: 15

2010s: 9

2020s: 10

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Has Force Unleased charted yet?

We still have ROTJ, ROTS, TFA, TLJ, R1, Andor, Mando, ANH, and ESB left to go. That's 9 of the top 10 so I was wondering what the last slot will be.

Have you not seen my post for Clone Wars? Look up. It's #10. And Yes Force Unleashed was #45.

• Thanks 1

Finally I can reply, I kept on trying but my phone kept on wanting to quote posts instead! Anyway, how the heck is the Last Jedi not mentioned yet? I thought that was pretty much hated. (I now regret having the Holiday Special in last place on my list).

Something about Star Wars is your age. Remember, ESB and TLJ were not liked by adults at the time. (I can understand the hate for ESB's ending as at the time it wasn't unusual to just end tour film open ended without ever having a follow up) 

I didn't hate TPM as much as others actually. (I was 17), Clones though I hated the love story. 

TLJ I thought was okay at first, but I like it even less now. 

Mando was pretty good, it should of ended at season 2 though. (Actually have little intrest in watching s3)

• Like 1