Kalo

The Top 50 of STAR WARS - A Countdown | countdown is complete #1 on page 8

#1 Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back - 735 Points 

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/077aefe0d1790721a0e2c8f8b370be3a.jpg

No Change, The Empire Strikes Back ranked #1 in the 2020 placement as well.

"Do. Or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda 

After the massive success of Star Wars in 1977, there pressure was on to make a sequel that would live up to it's predecessor. And thus the Empire Strikes Back was created, it was directed by Irvin Kershner and released on May 21st 1980, and while initially it was praised it had a somewhat mixed reception for his darker and cliffhanger ended, but is today now reguardered as not only the best star wars film in the saga, but one of the best films ever made and ranks on many best 100 films off all time lists, on IMDB it has an 8.7 out of 10 and ranks #15 in the top 100 and on Letterboxed it has a 4.4 out of 5 and ranks #30. 

on rotten tomatoes the film carries a 94% critical approval rating and a 97% audience score the critical consensus reads;  "Dark, sinister, but ultimately even more involving than A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back defies viewer expectations and takes the series to heightened emotional levels"

The Empire Strikes Back is actually the second lowest grossing film in the star wars franchise (not counting the Clone Wars Movie) and ranks only above Solo A Star Wars Story with $292m domestically and $538m worldwide. although adjusted for inflation it ranks much higher and is probably closer to "The Force Awakens" in ticket sales.

My thoughts: The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite film of all time, so yeah I think it definitely deserves this placement, the pacing is nearly prefect, the acting is better from everyone here, and the planets really feel other-worldly and expanded here. and the story itself is just so.. dire. like almost everything goes wrong for the rebels and the main crew here and it ends worse off when they started, but there is this unwavering shred of hope throughout everything that happens, like of like faith I guess, Like I have said, I grew up in an extremally Christian and pretty conservative home and while my views have changed some, my faith in the higher power and good eventually conquering evil have not. and this movie is just a perfect example of holding on even when all hope feels lost. it message is pretty universal for any region though. it also has either the second or first best film score of all time (that and the Original star wars) having been the film the introduced 'The Imperial March" as well as other iconic themes such as Han Solo and the Princess, The Clash of the Lightsabers, Yoda's theme and "The Asteroid field" it's kind of hard to review this movie, it's just so good and there is soo much I could go on about it, it's well magical I don't know how else to describe it, and it is a large part why I love the fantasy genre soo much, yeah it has sc-fi elements but it's really a fantasy film at its core. and it probably isn't surprising that "The Return of the King" is a close second for my all time favorite film" 

The Empire Strikes back received more #1 top 3 and top 5 placements than any film on the countdown with 15, 27 and 32 for respectively. and 0 bottom placements 

Empire Strikes Back wins the Medal of Yavin the highest honor of the Rebel Alliance for wining the countdown 

Medal of Yavin

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

It is done it's finally done!! sorry it took so so long, I guess my life is a lot more busy then it was a few years ago, I really did not think it would take 4 months and i am sorry, the way I was doing the lists was thorough but took forever, if I am ever to do this again I will probably do quicker writes next time around, but I wanted to do it justice this time.

I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for bearing with me

@Grebacio @CaptNathanBrittles @BluKyberCrystal @jedijake @junkshop36 @dxmatrixdt @ZackM @Flip @PlatnumRoyce, @Ozymandias @Ryan Reynolds @shachi86 @Ipickthiswhiterose @IdahoJacket @JimiQ @Immortal @therana @Tower @lilmac @grey ghost @Inceptionzq @StreamBO @George Parr @4815162342 @Kalo @blackspider @Cap @Daxtreme @Ronin46 @Menor Reborn @FilmFincher @TheDude391 @Fancyarcher @Marek the Jedi @Impact @ZeeSoh

if you forgot about my countdown (and I don't blame you if you did) it is done!

This is how I feel now

It'S Over. It'S Done GIF - LOTR Frodo Elijah Woods ...

• Like 6
  • Heart 2
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, Impact said:

Wow, still upset Itchy and Lumpy were not number one though. 

On a serious note, how many points did the Holiday Special get?

Not much 26 points, mostly bottom placements, not even enough for the top 50.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Here is the full top 50 listed. 

Hide contents

1# Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back 735 Points
2# Star Wars Episode: IV A New Hope 683 Points
3# Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi (549 Points)
4# Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (518 Points)
5# Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (516 Points)
6# Star Wars Andor (499 Points)
7# Star Wars Episode VII:  The Force Awakens (472 Points)
8# The Mandalorian (440 Points)
9# Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (423 Points)
10# Star Wars The Clone Wars (353 points)
11# Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (295 Points)
12# Knights of the Old Republic (267 Points) 
13# Star Wars: Rebels (252 Points)
14# Solo: A Star Wars Story (246 Points)
#15 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (236 Points)
#16 Obi-Wan Kenobi (198 Points) 
#17 Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (183 Points) 
#18 Star Wars: The Bad Batch (180 Points) 
19# Star Wars: Visions (167 Points) (Wins tie breaker by having higher Average)
#20 Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (167 Points)
#21 Clones Wars (2003) - 156 Points 
#22 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - 154 Points
#23 Star Wars Tales of the Jedi (2022) - 153 Points 
#24 Star Wars: The Last Command (132 Points)
#25 TIE Fighter (124 Points)
#26 Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - 120 Points
#27 Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005) - 111 Points
#28-#29 Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising - 107 Points (wins tie-breaking by having higher average)
#30 Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - 107 Points
#31 Lego Star wars The Skywalker Saga/ The Complete Saga - 96 Points
#32 & 33 Spector of the Past /  Vision of the Future  - 64 /63 Points
#34 Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds - 60 Points
#35 I, Jedi - 57 Points 
#36 Star Wars Dark Forces II Jedi Knight - 55 Points 
#37 Star Wars Battlef ront II (2017) - 50 Points
#38 TIE Lego Star Wars II & The Rising Storm - 48 Points
#40 The Clone Wars Movie - 47 Points 
#41 TIE Darth Plagueis & Tales of the Jedi Comic - 44 Points
#43 New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force - 43 Points 
#44 The Resistance  - 41 Points
#45 TIE The Force Unleashed & Legacy of the Force: Betaryal - 39 Points
#47 Lost Stars - 38 Points
#48 High Republic The Light of the Jedi 37 Points (beats tie breaking by having a top 5 placement) - 37 Points
#49 The Han Solo Trilogy - 37 Points
#50 Jedi Knight Jedi Acadmey - 36 Points 

The only prequel thing to beat the best of Disney (TFA, The Mandalorian, Andor, Rogue One) was Revenge of the Sith.

Looks like the Disney Star Wars content gets too much hate on the interwebs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

The only prequel thing to beat the best of Disney (TFA, The Mandalorian, Andor, Rogue One) was Revenge of the Sith.

Looks like the Disney Star Wars content gets too much hate on the interwebs.

The Sequel trilogy is like the prequels in reverse. the first two are good and the final sucks, it left a bad tastes in a lot of peoples mouths because it ended on such a weak note. whereas at least the prequels ended on a strong note. thus they are thought of more fondly in general. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kalo said:

It is done it's finally done!! sorry it took so so long, I guess my life is a lot more busy then it was a few years ago, I really did not think it would take 4 months and i am sorry, the way I was doing the lists was thorough but took forever, if I am ever to do this again I will probably do quicker writes next time around, but I wanted to do it justice this time.

I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for bearing with me

@Grebacio @CaptNathanBrittles @BluKyberCrystal @jedijake @junkshop36 @dxmatrixdt @ZackM @Flip @PlatnumRoyce, @Ozymandias @Ryan Reynolds @shachi86 @Ipickthiswhiterose @IdahoJacket @JimiQ @Immortal @therana @Tower @lilmac @grey ghost @Inceptionzq @StreamBO @George Parr @4815162342 @Kalo @blackspider @Cap @Daxtreme @Ronin46 @Menor Reborn @FilmFincher @TheDude391 @Fancyarcher @Marek the Jedi @Impact @ZeeSoh

if you forgot about my countdown (and I don't blame you if you did) it is done!

This is how I feel now

It'S Over. It'S Done GIF - LOTR Frodo Elijah Woods ...

That was great and super well done, very detailed write ups. Good job! 

New Year Smiling GIF

• Like 4
  • Heart 1