Sophia Jane

Antman 3 OS thread

9 hours ago, Flip said:

Only by $17m even with a summer release date

Still a surprise since Love and Thunder was one of the 3 worst MCU movies, after watching it and seeing the opening weekend gross I was expecting 700M max...

Edited by MG10

14 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Well,China’s “want to see” data is not good,not even 20% of Avatar 2 at same time

Antman is not the popular character,let’s see if WOM can recover

That doesn’t seem bad to me. A2 would have been a 600+ film if not for COVID. Also, isn’t Ant-Man one of the more popular MCU characters in China. His films have always had an outsized performance there relative to every other market.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

That doesn’t seem bad to me. A2 would have been a 600+ film if not for COVID. Also, isn’t Ant-Man one of the more popular MCU characters in China. His films have always had an outsized performance there relative to every other market.

Ant-Man's WTS is only 17k atm so to say it's not even 20% of A2 is quite the understatement. But then again I have no idea how the smaller MCU films fare as far as WTS is concerned this far out. Ant man and the Wasp is at 317k now for comparison but I don't know where it stood at this point in time.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

Just now, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Avatar want to see also had like 13 years for people to click on it right? Whereas until few days ago Chinese audience would believe they can’t watch this in theaters to begin with.

No,I compare with they confirm the release date first day’s increase

And if not comps with Avatar 2,is not even compare with Antman 2

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Ant-Man's WTS is only 17k atm so to say it's not even 20% of A2 is quite the understatement. But then again I have no idea how the smaller MCU films fare as far as WTS is concerned this far out.

I comps with when their release date confirmed,how many ‘want to see’ data do they increased 

Like when Antman confirm it will release in 2.14,the want to see data increase 17k,Avatar 2 confirm it will release date ,the want to see data increase 100k

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I comps with when their release date confirmed,how many ‘want to see’ data do they increased 

Like when Antman confirm it will release in 2.14,the want to see data increase 17k,Avatar 2 confirm it will release date ,the want to see data increase 100k

Ah I see. That does feel low then even moreso because A2 already had a ton of WTS built up over time.

1 minute ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

A2 date announcement  was before the acute plague period, this date announcement was near peak 

Let’s not comp with Avatar 2,Antman 3 want to see data not even match the normal Hollywood film

Edited by Sophia Jane

35 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I comps with when their release date confirmed, how many ‘want to see’ data do they increased 

When was it confirmed for Avatar btw? 23rd? 24th? 

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

I mean there's no reason why Ant-Man 3 WTS data should be close to A2, the former had a chance to become the highest hollywood grosser ever in the market in normal circumstances while AM was not gonna sniff that 

True enough, I don't even know if Antman was even listed before it was announced or it got listed just yesterday. So, I am taking, AM3's WTS 1st day - 17K, Also for BP2 - 39K. There is no reason to compare with Avatar 2, unless it's was as hyped as NWH or MoM or Avenger's movie.

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

True enough, I don't even know if Antman was even listed before it was announced or it got listed just yesterday. So, I am taking, AM3's WTS 1st day - 17K, Also for BP2 - 39K. There is no reason to compare with Avatar 2, unless it's was as hyped as NWH or MoM or Avenger's movie.

just looked and even a4 and a5 have higher wts numbers than ant-man 3 funny enough

Edited by GOGODanca