Sophia Jane

Antman 3 OS thread

From @Bluebomb at KJ about Ant-man 3 at HK

I'm thinking that it will make in the vicinity of about US$2.23m 5-day OW. That would be above Ant-Man's 4-day OW but well below Ant-Man 2's 5-day OW (HK$17,382,308 [2.21m US] OW for Ant-Man, $28,326,143 HK [3.60m US] 5-day OW for Ant-Man 2).

Reviews aren't great so it could very well finish below Ant-Man's 4-day OW as well.

Edited by keysersoze123

Before the release I was already not that hyped for AM3 but I believe the meh review and reaction so far I got finally put me off from watching it at all. And this past weekend I already went to cinema three times for Titanic and I still have Fabelmans and Missing to catch.   

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

I finally realize how rare and important is the legend such like Tom Cruise for current Hollywood after watching Marvel doing creepy shit movie and other major brand also doing terrible (like FF9) now.

what creepy movie did Marvel do ? also MCU has had like just 2 movies in rotten category out of some 35+ movies they did across 15 year span...that's quite incredible

2 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

DOM:250m

China:40m

SK:15m

rest part of Asia Pacifc:70m

Europea:90m

LA:60m

WW total:525m

Domestic seems a little high, with bad reception and a lot of competition it should have closer to 2.3x legs, and OW is looking right around 100m. 

23 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

what creepy movie did Marvel do ? also MCU has had like just 2 movies in rotten category out of some 35+ movies they did across 15 year span...that's quite incredible

You standard for MCU is just 'not rooten?"

15 years?I never said Marvel film before AEG is shit,Marvel used to make great movie every time,everything changed after Endgame.

I love MCU before AEG,just let the story keep at that point,marvel's brand power become worse because of bad movie,you don't understand?

nowadays MCU just destroy my childhood.

Edited by Sophia Jane

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

You standard for MCU is just 'not rooten?"

15 years?I never said Marvel film before AEG is shit,Marvel used to make great movie every time,everything changed after Endgame.

I love MCU before AEG,just let the story keep at that point,marvel's brand power become worse because of bad movie,you don't understand?

nowadays MCU just destroy my childhood.

Eh before Endgame or rather before Eternals, Marvel just had the "benefit of the doubt" but it wasnt like every movie was great blockbuster cinema, especially not something like Thor 2. And if managed a continuous storyline after endgame even doods like eternals would have been just a footnote of the MCU. But they didnt manage the create a narrative storyline and the individual projects also didnt live up to the hype except no way hope. And nowadays no way homelooks like an outliner that it seems more like a spider-man movie or even a sony movie more than a MCU movie.

The marvel movies, the good ones and the bad ones, lived from their MCU connections, but that doesnt seem to exist anymore (atleast in phase 4) and some camoes are not enough to cover it. I honestly dont think the outlook of the next phase would be much better if phase 4 would have been better received.

The discussion about MCU flopping is a important one, not because Ant-Man will flop, relative of its budget, but because a comeback is extremely hard after it reached this stage. The performace of the last marvel movies in South Korea is a perfect example for that.

Edited by Coldbird