BadOlCatSylvester

Weekdays Thread (23rd to 26th of January 2023)

Great Thursday numbers all around.

Go A2!  Goodbye Incredibles 2 tonight or early Saturday.  Goodbye TLJ by Sunday/Monday.  Goodbye Avengers and hello Top 10 domestic by Thursday/Friday at the latest 😄  Got my tickets to watch it again next week.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, corngrower87 said:

So what’s the reason for the Thursday increases this week? No popcorn day this week…

Back in the day when preview isn't such a big deal, movies used to have mild-increase on Thursday before hitting a big jump on Friday. That change as studio push preview earlier and earlier and now preview is basically like a full OD. 

There hasn't been major new release in the past 2 week so this old Thursday bump habit resurface. 

• Like 5

Based on its RT verified audience score, I'd say Fear would be the horror movie closer to an F CinemaScore this weekend, if it were to be polled. It's at 26% at the time of this posting, which is... pretty bad!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Didn't hate Shotgun Wedding. It's dreadful for the first 20 minutes, but Jennifer Coolidge is great as always, and there were a few moments that actually made me chuckle. Nothing I'd tell people they need to go out and watch, but if you find yourself in a situation where a friend/partner really wants to see it, you could do a lot worse.

If it was theatrical, I could see it doing okay. Had it released this weekend, I'd go with a 17/50 run.