kayumanggi

HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN | October 08, 2024 | Brian Taylor directs | Jack Kesy stars | goes straight to digital

This looks like someone's fan project made for the cheap to be released on YouTube.

Also not liking the heavy horror angle being pushed by this trailer. It's devoid of the humor I'm used to seeing from Hellboy.

Not letting Del Toro make his 3rd Hellboy has to be one of the biggest missed opportunities of all time. Now we moved on to getting random Hellboy films every once in a while that nobody cares about.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Not letting Del Toro make his 3rd Hellboy has to be one of the biggest missed opportunities of all time. Now we moved on to getting random Hellboy films every once in a while that nobody cares about.

What opportunity? To lose money?) Del Toro's films were too expensive. 

On 7/1/2024 at 8:20 AM, NoobSaibot said:

This looks like someone's fan project made for the cheap to be released on YouTube.

Also not liking the heavy horror angle being pushed by this trailer. It's devoid of the humor I'm used to seeing from Hellboy.

If they don't get the humor right, this film will truly suck. The humor is a huge part of what makes Hellboy so popular.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:51 AM, Mojoguy said:

Depends on what angle you are looking from.

Hate to say it, but from a business point of view I can get them not wanting to do Hellboy 3; the box offfice for the first two simply did not justify making a third. In fact, given how the first was only a borderline sucess, surprised they gave Del Toro the money for 2.

I loved both films, but the film business in the end is a businessl It exists to make money for the shareholders.

But I agree that trying to a Hellboy on the cheap without Del Toro was a dumb move.

Del Toro problems is that although I love most of his films, he has never been a consistent perfromer at the box office.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/2/2024 at 2:26 AM, cinema pal said:

What opportunity? To lose money?) Del Toro's films were too expensive. 

I loved the first two Del Toro films, and regret from a personal point of view that the third was not made, but I can understand the business reasoning  for not making the third.

People here seem to forget film studios exist to make money for the shareholders; the movies are a means to that end.

Though I think the attempts to do a non Del Toro Hellboy on the cheap are just throwing away money.

On 7/12/2024 at 2:30 PM, dudalb said:

I loved the first two Del Toro films, and regret from a personal point of view that the third was not made, but I can understand the business reasoning  for not making the third.

People here seem to forget film studios exist to make money for the shareholders; the movies are a means to that end.

Though I think the attempts to do a non Del Toro Hellboy on the cheap are just throwing away money.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army had such TERRIBLE release date, TDK was released on Hellboy's 2nd weekend causing a 71% drop! Whoever picked that date should have been fired.

If you are going to release 2 CBMs against each other don't put them so close to each other. Deadpool 2 opened against Infinity War's 4th weekend and it did fine even if IW probably hurt that a little.

Edited by Mojoguy

37 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

GWE9RYKW4AI7jMy?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder if the UK date mirrors the US.

Dying at "the Fourth Installment in the global franchise" even though isn't tied to any of the previous movies. The desperation is off the charts.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Dying at "the Fourth Installment in the global franchise" even though isn't tied to any of the previous movies. The desperation is off the charts.

It should be. this has all the marks of a fiasco.

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army had such TERRIBLE release date, TKR was released on Hellboy's 2nd weekend causing a 71% drop! Whoever picked that date should have been fired.

If you are going to release 2 CBMs against each other don't put them so close to each other. Deadpool 2 opened against Infinity War's 4th weekend and it did fine even if IW probably hurt that a little.

To be fair, nobody was expecting TDK to take off the way it did.

People forget that Batman  Begins was only a modest sucess at the  box office, and it was in fact in doubt if it would get a sequel.

No one thought TDK would do better then good business. No one was expteing it to be one of the biggest moneymakers of  2008 the way it did

ANyway, even if it had a different release date, I don't see it doing that much better then the original.

Interesting that each film in the "franchise" has been released by a different studio.

Hellboy - Revolution

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army - Universal

Hellboy (2019) - Lionsgate

Hellboy: The Crooked Man - Ketchup

• Like 1

The trailer felt like a horror movie trailer, which is wildly different from the action comedy tone of the previous films.

I predict this will flop hard, but the film itself might be a decent-ish cheap horror movie? I don't know, probably not I guess.

Just sad, I wish we'd get Toro's Hellboy 3, oh well.

Edited by Arlborn