kayumanggi

THE LITTLE MERMAID | 271.5M overseas | 569.6M worldwide

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

OS has different ratings. Okay some of them are not verified but rating in Hong Kong, China, Korea, India does not say so

China & Korea hates POC movies. Shang-Chi, BP2 & now TLM. There is a trend here which proves that.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Willowra said:

China & Korea hates POC movies. Shang-Chi, BP2 & now TLM. There is a trend here which proves that.

Shang chi and BP2 just got poor reception lol.

It's not a TLM racial backlash situation.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

Must ….. Consume …… Disney …… kids …. Product …. Otherwise ……. Racist

Erm… okay sir, how many Korean/Chinese movies have you seen in your local theaters? 

• Like 8
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

We don't have many black people in Asia. People tend to relate/connect with what look like them. Sure we don’t have white people too but in real world white race is generally look upto here. The beauty standards are such that people prefer fairer skin.

so black films will always find it tough here.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Must ….. Consume …… Disney …… kids …. Product …. Otherwise ……. Racist

Erm… okay sir, how many Korean/Chinese movies have you seen in your local theaters? 

I'm from India and very few Chinese & Korean movies runs in theatres here. I don't know if there is audience of China & Korea movies in India. @charlie Jatinder  knows better about this. But if they make blockbuster movies on the level of Avengers/Star Wars, and if they releases in theatres here I'll definitely give them try. It seems like Chinese and Korean people don't like to watch Black lead movies and American Chinese-Korean actor movies as there is a trend about this which I can't ignore.

Just now, Willowra said:

I don't know if there is audience of China & Korea movies here

Majority of Americans use this statement when Asian Films doesn't work in their country. I wish if you all could used the same statement against The Little Mermaid 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Majority of Americans use this statement when Asian Films doesn't work in their country. I wish if you all could used the same statement against The Little Mermaid

First of all I'm not calling Chinese & Korean people racist just because they are not interested in Black lead or American Chinese movies as they themselves are POC like me. As @charlie Jatinder said people in India, China & Korea like to watch movies of fair face actors and that's the reason of low interest in Black lead movies in these countries.

Edited by Willowra

6 minutes ago, Willowra said:

First of all I'm not calling Chinese & Korean people racist just because they are not interested in Black lead or American Chinese movies as they themselves are POC like me. As @charlie Jatinder said people in India, China & Korea like to watch movies of fair face actors and that's the reason of low interest in Black lead movies in these countries.

It's not racist to reject any movie with dark skinned people?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah Marvel will give you that, though if this was Peter Parker and not miles, it was easy Billie.

I would doubt that, it would have to do 500m+ domestically for that, audiences in the international market are not very interested in animated superhero movies., Spiderverse 2 will be much stronger in the domestic market than OS, just like the first (and that would happen even if it was Peter and not Miles), I don't think the actors not being white has a big thing, we can see it with the Fast and Furious franchise, that it is much more successful internationally than domestically, and most of the franchise protagonists are non-white.