GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

1 hour ago, B D Joe said:

2024 will be interesting to see how the MCU movies perform.  Captain America 4 and Thunderbolts are so heavily tied to meh phase 4 projects like Black Widow and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, we'll see how that affects them.

Captain America 4 is a movie that has peaked mild interest from me, it is filled by hulks and its plot according to rumours is continuation from another MCU movie which i won't name. So there's some curiosity.

Thunderbolts, lol.

But MCU have an Ace in the Hole for 2024, which I'm sure even if movie turns out to be less than stellar, will be enjoyable watch just because of the chemistry of Ryan & Hugh.

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah so from these four posts we have some expecting it to be bigger than sonic and then some uncertainty. 

It’ll be an interesting run for sure, either way. 

Just to clarify: I don't necessarily think Mario being more popular will translate to bigger box office, it's not a direct consequence. But I do think that this movie will make much more than Sonic and as far as general popularity, Mario is definitely a lot more popular than Sonic.

Edited by Flamengo81
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah so from these four posts we have some expecting it to be bigger than sonic and then some uncertainty. 

It’ll be an interesting run for sure, either way. 

Video game adaptations just aren't super well trod territory, especially not when they're good. The only major game to movie franchise is Resident Evil, and the most successful version of it, the Anderson movies, were pretty loose adaptations, and the more recent movie that tried to skew closer was...a giant pile of shit. And then the TV series that skewed away from it was...also a pile of shit.

34.5M from EC so it lines up with Jatinder's number. 80M+ in 2 days. 125M+ 4 day total. Marvel wins again. The movies need to get better tho. I am afraid of long term damage.

• Like 3

Glad to have another strong OW at the box office for theaters' sake, but it feels like the holiday weekend is going to inflate the opening B.O. and we might be in for a rude awakening as early as the first regular weekdays.

Looking like a $125m 4-day, which is a lot better than I expected...maybe Marvel truly is too big to fail, even with terrible projects.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

34.5M from EC so it lines up with Jatinder's number. 80M+ in 2 days. 125M+ 4 day total. Marvel wins again. The movies need to get better tho. I am afraid of long term damage.

What long term damage? They've put our garbage 3 of the last 4  movies and can still get mega openings for ant man

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

34+

pretty great Saturday and will have a great Sunday/Monday thanks to the holiday. 
Deadline’s article says that kids liked the movie more than the adult audiences, so maybe families will provide a bit of strength on this one. 

Interestingly the RT score has held at 84%. By now Eternals and Love and Thunder were decreasing.  

Edited by VanillaSkies

5 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

What long term damage? They've put our garbage 3 of the last 4  movies and can still get mega openings for ant man

Eventually poor quality will catch up, this movie could have easily made more opening weekend. But even with all that, Marvel isn’t going anywhere. They have a massive built in fan base. 

• Like 2

I don't know what Ant-Man 3's legs will be like but RT audience scores don't mean anything. Morbius has a 71% score and audiences hated that movie to the point that it has a below 2.0 multiplier, despite a low opening weekend. Anyway with a 46mil Friday, 100mil was never not going to happen. Marvel's name still sales tickets and will for years to come. That doesn't mean that more movies with Eternals and Ant-Man 3's quality are a good idea.