kayumanggi

ELEMENTAL | 342.0M overseas | 496.4M worldwide

So at this pace it should be crossing 400m the week before TMNT releases in most markets. Hopefully legs and Japan performance are good enough that it can muster another 100m or so from there and get to an undebatable breakeven point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AniNate said:

So at this pace it should be crossing 400m the week before TMNT releases in most markets. Hopefully legs and Japan performance are good enough that it can muster another 100m or so from there and get to an undebatable breakeven point.

What are you expecting from Japan?

11 minutes ago, AniNate said:

$40m at least would be ideal. Not sure if they're gonna go bonkers for it like Korea but that'd be a respectable total by Pixar standards and I think would be enough to give it a boost to 500m.

I’m feeling more 10-15m. They really seem to have been effected by the Plus moreso statewide.

Japan Post- CoVid-19 Imported Animation

• The Super Mario Bros. Movie* - ¥12.80B
  • Minions: The Rise Of Gnu - ¥4.442B
  • Sing 2 - ¥3.311B
  • The LightYear - ¥1.223B
  • Spider-Man: Across The Spidey-Verse* - ¥1.100B (expected)
  • The Boss Baby: Family Business - ¥1.000B
  • Onwards - ¥870M
  • Tom and Jerry - ¥792M
  • Encanto - ¥702.39M (¥771M)
  • The Bad Guys - ¥360M
  • Raya and the Last Dragon - ¥359.85M
  • Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway - ¥320M
  • PAW Patrol: The Movie - ¥298M
  • Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - ¥240M
  • Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile* - ¥210M
  • Sonic: The Hedgehog 2 - ¥183M
  • Sonic: The Hedgehog - ¥171M
  • Trolls World Tour - ¥171M
  • The Strange World - ¥130M
  • Ron's Gone Wrong - ¥113.09M
  • Space Jam: A New Legacy - ¥73M
  • DC: League of Super-Pets - ¥57M
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog - ¥25M

*Currently Running

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

$40m at least would be ideal. Not sure if they're gonna go bonkers for it like Korea but that'd be a respectable total by Pixar standards and I think would be enough to give it a boost to 500m.

$40M ~ ¥5.68B at Current Exchange Rates.

No Disney Film has crossed ¥5.0B since the last Star War Film. Wonder how good it's possible ~ "Avatar: The Way Of Water" (¥4.31B) - Highest Grossing Disney's Film since "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker"

Eh, not sure because it's opening against another similar demography film "Shin-Chan 3D" which is expected to explode. Well, ER is still worse so I am keeping my fingers crossed for now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, YM! said:

I’m feeling more 10-15m. They really seem to have been effected by the Plus moreso statewide.

I keep less hopes on Disney's Title but still feels bad for PiB2 &Bad Guys. One got crushed between Doraemon &Conan and other with late October release..

Currently, Illumination is the face of Imported Animation - Pixar just lost audiences to their rivals - if Elemental work out with legs, the trust may be regained 

Several major markets saw uptick including Australia (+32%), Korea (+14%) and Brazil (+3%), as well as Uruguay (+127%), New Zealand (+119%), Vietnam (+41%), Chile (+40%) and Israel (+13%).

Korea’s 4th weekend was the highest weekend since the film’s release.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Eh, not sure because it's opening against another similar demography film "Shin-Chan 3D" which is expected to explode.

Is it expected to make a lot more than the other Shin-Chan movies? I thought those movies never made that much at the box office.

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is it expected to make a lot more than the other Shin-Chan movies? I thought those movies never made that much at the box office.

Non-Illumination Films are struggling to reach half of Shin-Chan Films (2022 Film made ¥2.04B) so that's why I told that reaching ¥2.0B in Japan is enough to called Elemental a success.

GA Expansion is expected to at level how "Stand By Me: Doraemon" break out in the market. Current expectations is ¥5.0B by industry 

Edited by Issac Newton

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Non-Illumination Films are struggling to reach half of Shin-Chan Films (2022 Film made ¥2.04B) so that's why I told that reaching ¥2.0B in Japan is enough to called Elemental a success.

Oh I guess Crayon Shin-Chan had a resurgence. When I last was into the Japanese box office, around 2016, those movies barely made a blip.

I agree ¥2 billion is very good for Elemental in Japan.