kayumanggi

ELEMENTAL | 342.0M overseas | 496.4M worldwide

I´m still waiting for Jose Pisano to post numbers in his IG account, but if the massive foot traffic in my local mall is any indication, Elemental might have had it's biggest weekend in Venezuela in it's 4th weekend due to being National Children's Day.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

I am feeling more optimistic about this weekend now than I was couple of days back. Weekend forecasts in France, Germany are showing <20% drops. It might see another increase this weekend in Argentina despite Barbie opening to bonkers numbers there...also probably another <25% drop in Korea  too. On the whole, it might not have that drastic of a drop

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I am feeling more optimistic about this weekend now than I was couple of days back. Weekend forecasts in France, Germany are showing <20% drops. It might see another increase this weekend in Argentina despite Barbie opening to bonkers numbers there...also probably another <25% drop in Korea  too. On the whole, it might not have that drastic of a drop

Also it only lost 21% of showings domestically so a 20-30% drop seems on the cards there too. $500m total still well in play.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 9:27 AM, across the Jat verse said:

Germany once again week on week increase. Wonder if $600M WW doable. Will need Japan to do well.

Yeah well, Elemental is obviously having great legs and is having a great support by the first bad weather weekend in ages, but the sad truth is, that it will just barely crawl past 1m admissions and is battling Cars 3 as the 19th best Pixar-Admissions, only beating "Onward", "The Good Dinosaur" and "Toy Story 4".

I mean, how the mighty have fallen from the golden Pixar age in Germany. 

Edited by Poseidon

8 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Yeah well, Elemental is obviously having great legs and is having a great support by the first bad weather weekend in ages, but the sad truth is, that it will just barely crawl past 1m admissions and is battling Cars 3 as the 19th best Pixar-Admissions, only beating "Onward", "The Good Dinosaur" and "Toy Story 4".

I mean, how the mighty have fallen from the golden Pixar age in Germany. 

well the same is true domestically really

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

well the same is true domestically really

Of Course. Inflation is making up for it in box office terms, but admission wise it probably ends up around "The Good Dinosaur". Disney + and Covid were a deadly combo for kids and family entertainment in theaters.