kayumanggi

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY | 209.5M overseas | 384.0M worldwide

Every INDIANA JONES movie has been the #1 movie overseas the year it released.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull grossed more overseas than even Dark Knight and Mamma Mia, and probably would've grossed a billion had it been well-liked.

In contrast, no STAR WARS film has been the #1 movie overseas since The Phantom Menace.

Attack of the Clones was beaten by The Two Towers, Chamber of Secrets, and Spider-Man.

Revenge of The Sith was beaten by Goblet of Fire.

The Force Awakens was beaten by Furious 7.

Rogue One was beaten by Civil War, Finding Dory, Zootopia, Jungle Book, BVS, Fantastic Beasts, and the Mermaid.

The Last Jedi was beaten by BATB, F8, DM3, and Wolf Warrior 2.

Solo was beaten by 35 different movies in 2018.

Rise of Skywalker was beaten by Wandering Earth, Ne Zha, Hobbs and Shaw, Aladdin, TS4, Joker, Captain Marvel, Far From Home, Frozen 2, The Lion King, and Endgame.

Indy 5 is definitely breaking that streak though.

• Like 2

Indiana Jonas Franchise (Hong Kong)

1. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - HK$19,806,000
  2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - HK$24,275,000
  3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - HK$26,844,912

1 didn't get release. 2 &3 were No.1 Imported Film of the year.

5th Film opens on THU!

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 12:57 AM, Bob Train said:

Every INDIANA JONES movie has been the #1 movie overseas the year it released.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull grossed more overseas than even Dark Knight and Mamma Mia, and probably would've grossed a billion had it been well-liked.

In contrast, no STAR WARS film has been the #1 movie overseas since The Phantom Menace.

Attack of the Clones was beaten by The Two Towers, Chamber of Secrets, and Spider-Man.

Revenge of The Sith was beaten by Goblet of Fire.

The Force Awakens was beaten by Furious 7.

Rogue One was beaten by Civil War, Finding Dory, Zootopia, Jungle Book, BVS, Fantastic Beasts, and the Mermaid.

The Last Jedi was beaten by BATB, F8, DM3, and Wolf Warrior 2.

Solo was beaten by 35 different movies in 2018.

Rise of Skywalker was beaten by Wandering Earth, Ne Zha, Hobbs and Shaw, Aladdin, TS4, Joker, Captain Marvel, Far From Home, Frozen 2, The Lion King, and Endgame.

Indy 5 is definitely breaking that streak though.

Interesting, and what would the results be in overseas excluding China? The Force Awakens would be first but what about the others?

In Chile this is releasing in less screens than Ruby Gillman... In fact, in the movie chain I'm tracking it will have less showtimes than Spiderverse's 5th weekend. 

I have to say, If I hadn't come back to this forum, I wouldn't even know that this movie exists, 0 promotion. 

11 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

In Chile this is releasing in less screens than Ruby Gillman... In fact, in the movie chain I'm tracking it will have less showtimes than Spiderverse's 5th weekend. 

I have to say, If I hadn't come back to this forum, I wouldn't even know that this movie exists, 0 promotion. 

so it's going to flop in LA & Asia and probably USA. Not sure how Europe would react to it.