CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

Found it:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/01/1041196690529.html

Australia's Lord Of The Rings star Miranda Otto married actor boyfriend Peter O'Brien as celebrity wedding bells marked the new year.

The pair's wedding had been planned under a veil of secrecy and went mostly unnoticed by the local showbiz industry preoccupied with the New Year's Eve marriage of Australian Golden Globes contender Rachel Griffiths.

Otto, 35, and O'Brien, 42, began 2003 with their nuptials in Sydney's St Mary's Cathedral.

The 90-minute service included a rare lock-out, leaving regular churchgoers outside in cold, rainy conditions.

Otto eventually emerged with O'Brien to join about 50 guests on the cathedral steps.

Several members of the gathering stretched out a gold-striped piece of material about two metres long near the bride to prevent the newlyweds being recognised or photographed.

I finally realized Mirando Otto is the woman that played Cillian Murphy's love interest in a BBC period drama. She was terrible. She had the worst American accent ever and her voice was very shrill. That was the first and last I've ever seen of her.

OMFG, you've never seen the LOTR movies? :o:blink: Stop what you're doing and find a copy of Fellowship of the Ring immediately!!!

I finally realized Mirando Otto is the woman that played Cillian Murphy's love interest in a BBC period drama. She was terrible. She had the worst American accent ever and her voice was very shrill. That was the first and last I've ever seen of her.

yes, thank you! The Way We Used To Live boasts the worst Southern accent ever courtesy by Shitto. It has to be heard to be believed. So that she is terrible is not an urban legend. It`s a fact. i`m sure there gotta be a youtube vid with her horrible accent.

OMFG, you've never seen the LOTR movies? :o:blink: Stop what you're doing and find a copy of Fellowship of the Ring immediately!!!

LOL No. It's not that serious. I'll catch them one day.

But don`t bother with Two Towers and Return of the King cause shrill-voiced menace with unidentified accent and speech pattern is there. And she shrieks too. Twice.

Well that is a pretty funny read, and yeah she does come off pretty ridiculous there. But I can't help but notice that doesn't seem like the most reputable of sources.

It`s true because it falls in line with every shit she ever said or did. Edited by fishnets

yes, thank you! The Way We Used To Live boasts the worst Southern accent ever courtesy by Shitto. It has to be heard to be believed. So that she is terrible is not an urban legend. It`s a fact. i`m sure there gotta be a youtube vid with her horrible accent.

Yeah it was pretty bad. Sounded like she was channeling a woman from an old Hollywood western. The more she raised her voice the worse she got. Painful. Poor Cillian, lol.

I can only begin to imagine Otto's face if she came across this forum and found out she's widely regarded as "Shitto."

Fish would grab her by the throat, raise her up, and say "no shitto can kill me, DIE NOW!" Then she'd take her sword and defiantly yell "I AM NO SHIT!" and thrust it through fishnets! :P Edited by MovieMan89

Fish would grab her by the throat, raise her up, and say "no shitto can kill me, DIE NOW!" Then she'd take her sword and defiantly yell "I AM NO SHIT!" and thrust it through fishnets! :P

Only to find out her sword is made of cardboard which is why she was able to lift it in the first place.

:lol: Oh fish, always so fun. Don't even know why I'm defending her anyways. I really neither like nor dislike her.

Don`t defend her. You don`t want to be mistaken for a Shittard, a super rare breed of unreasonable fan, most likely engineered by Shitto herself to appear that she still has 1-2 fans. Edited by fishnets

Don't listen to fishnets. ;)TTT is better than FOTR and ROTK is the best of the lot.

Dont listen to Tele. FOTR is a masterpiece and it helps that the shriekster isn`t in it. ROTK is the worst because it`s just badly editted and shrill-voiced menace shrieks twice.

ROTK and FOTR are both perfect masterpieces, but ROTK takes the cake if only for the sheer brilliance of how everything is so satisfyingly brought to its climax.

Not even. Half of characters got absolutely no pay off in ROTK and the movie just wouldn`t fuckin end. Also, while FOTR had about as many characters as it needed, ROTK had many that it didn`t need except that they were in the book so fans would raise a stink if those pacing-spoilers were cut off. But they did nothing to move the story forward both in the book and in the movie.While at the same time, Saruman was scrapped despite 2 movie build up to what? Nothing.And FOTR didn`t have Legolas shield-surfing shit. Big bonus. Edited by fishnets

I'll let ROTK's legacy compared to the other's speak for itself. I'm obviously in the majority thinking it's the best. Won all the oscars, best box office performance, best reviews, best placement on IMDB's top 250, etc.

Edited by MovieMan89