Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/17-19 | Weekend Est. - Shazam II $30.5M, Scream VI $17.5M, Creed III $15.4M, LXV $5.8M, #AintMan $4.1M

Just now, GOGODanca said:

You got the wrong dude I think, I was never a sub 20guy 

No I have the right person.

I said 2 or 3 weeks ago, 4M and a 9.5-10x "if the movie is good". You said no chance it gets anywhere near 10x and then said 6M/40 as your prediction. I think I would have lowered my multiplier a little since "the movie is not good" and I did not account for the spring break and a slightly inflated weekday preview number. I also would have lowered the preview number with more data. But the point I was trying to make was that low openers (even CB) will have much higher multis. Not the 5-6 most of the bigger ones have been getting. 

Just now, Ronin46 said:

No I have the right person.

I said 2 or 3 weeks ago, 4M and a 9.5-10x "if the movie is good". You said no chance it gets anywhere near 10x and then said 6M/40 as your prediction. I think I would have lowered my multiplier a little since "the movie is not good" and I did not account for the spring break and a slightly inflated weekday preview number. I also would have lowered the preview number with more data. But the point I was trying to make was that low openers (even CB) will have much higher multis. Not the 5-6 most of the bigger ones have been getting. 

So you also were wrong and are trying to get on my ass? It's not getting a 9 let alone a 10, deadline is delusional to think its Saturday and Sunday will grow as much as non spring break openers 

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

So you also were wrong and are trying to get on my ass? It's not getting a 9 let alone a 10, deadline is delusional to think its Saturday and Sunday will grow as much as non spring break openers 

I said 9.5-10 "if the movie is good". The movie is not good so that would lower my multi a little but not where you had it (6). I tried to explain. I guess you go around trashing peoples posts and cant even remember doing it and taking them entirely out of context. Then doubling down when its pointed out a few weeks later.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Those are some ugly numbers for Creed 3 and Scream 6. I want Scream 6 to reach 100M goddammit.

Unfortunately that'll only happen if Sidney returns for part 7. It is still a slasher after all, and they're insanely frontloaded. Still, it'll be just $6M shy of the last movie's entire run by the end of its second weekend, so Paramount is likely overjoyed.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Unfortunately that'll only happen if Sidney returns for part 7. It is still a slasher after all, and they're insanely frontloaded. Still, it'll be just $6M shy of the last movie's entire run by the end of its second weekend, so Paramount is likely overjoyed.

Early DL numbers. We know how it normally will end up a bit higher.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Even if he didn't like it or thought it was just ok, he wouldn't say so considering he's running things right now.

I just hope he's not saying the same for The Flash and the movie ends up not that good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I really don't want to get in to the neve thing other then to say...

4 bombed with her in a pretty big role

5 succeeded with her in a bit role

6 is still doing great without her

6 will get either get to a 100 or get closest to it since any movie since scream 3. The scream movies are a team effort not one person.

If wes craven didn't give her the role she'd be a forgotten washed up party of 5 actress

Edited by screambaby
  • Disbelief 1

That’s a weak Friday jump for Scream VI, but I think it because of spring break boosting the excellent weekdays? 

Plus, if it’s at $77m by Sunday night like Deadline projects, after an $18.4m second weekend, would $100m really be off the table? 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a weak Friday jump for Scream VI, but I think it because of spring break boosting the excellent weekdays? 

Plus, if it’s at $77m by Sunday night like Deadline projects, after an $18.4m second weekend, would $100m really be off the table? 

I thin that early Friday estimate will go up.

12 minutes ago, Eric Batson said:

This is iconic lol

Good for her! People forget actors need to work. Sydney Sweeney was dragged online by gen z for saying she couldn’t afford to not work 🙄 

They still have expenses and they are a lot more expensive than those of gen z who still live with their parents lol 

• Like 6
  • Disbelief 2