interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Also, a 4th film making twice the DOM total of the first film and nearly the total of the second in its OW is nuts. 

They really had no idea the movie was going to be successful. The first test screenings went badly and Keanu apparently called his agent and thought his career was basically over. They did a few edits and the rest is history. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's hard to think of too many other franchises with a better trajectory financially than the John Wick series.

F&F 4 to 7 were insane. Heck Tokyo Drift is the only real spoiler in the trajectory of the first 7 films.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Can Shazam go under 10M? Tho I would think it will play better on the weekend rather than weekdays 

Original Shazam did 10.25x its first Thursday gross on its second weekend. That ratio takes Shazam 2 to just over $10M ($10.3M).

Now, Shazam 2 is having worse weekdays than Shazam 1, so it could mean the weekends overperform, especially as there's still no kids movies in the market, but if its underperformance during the week is just underperformance in general, it can definitely slip below.

My gut is that it stays above, but not by much.

• Thanks 1

Shazam 2 has probably the funniest scene I've seen in a movie theater in the last year. Although I'm attributing 90% of why that scene works to Helen Mirren's line delivery (if you've seen the film, you probably know what scene I'm talking about).

• Like 1

Here's a fun comparison to look at:

The Bourne Identity: 27/122

The Bourne Supremacy: 52/176

The Bourne Ultimatum: 69/227

John Wick 2: 30/92

John Wick 3: 56/171

John Wick 4: ???/???

Not perfect, but you can see the parallels, especially with Chapter 4 likely getting a 70s opening. So Ballerina should do about...113M? Bourne Legacy made that much? Huh. Thought it did like 80M or something. Guess that's really good news for that spin-off nobody wanted lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Shazam 2 has probably the funniest scene I've seen in a movie theater in the last year. Although I'm attributing 90% of why that scene works to Helen Mirren's line delivery (if you've seen the film, you probably know what scene I'm talking about).

what if I havent seen the movie?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

Not perfect, but you can see the parallels, especially with Chapter 4 likely getting a 70s opening. So Ballerina should do about...113M? Bourne Legacy made that much? Huh. Thought it did like 80M or something. Guess that's really good news for that spin-off nobody wanted lol

Ballerina has Ana de Armas as the lead role.

Ana de Armas with a gun.

And you ... you think nobody wants this??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Yes, that scene had me rolling!