Eric Atreides

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

31 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Barbie to Millenials is what Minions 2 was to GenZ/GenAlpha. It'll have some family appeal, but this is going to be huge in the 18-40 demo.

Why would the average guy, especially young boys, go and watch a Barbie movie? This is no way comparable to Minions

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, screambaby said:

I understand but it's not exactly a movie that should get repeat viewings...

It cost 100m, it need 250 to break even, that's not some ridiculous sum

Edited by GOGODanca

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

It cost 100m, it need 250 to break even, that's not some ridiculous sum

Where's the 250 coming from? Do you think international audiences are gonna flock to a movie about how we invented a weapon that could destroy the world?  Do you think nolan and the others can carry it to about 200 million domestic?

Edited by screambaby

1 minute ago, screambaby said:

Where's the 250 coming from? Do you think international audiences are gonna flock to a movie about how we invented a weapon that could destroy the world?  Do you think nolan and the others can carry it to about 200 million doemstic?

Have you seen nolans track record? The last time a movie of his made less than that amount was 2006, it has a big name cast and nolans films play well internationally 

• Like 1

I feel like we have officially exited the era that barn-stormed cinema 2014/2015 where random Marvel fun and Chris Pratt reigned supreme. It has yet to be fully replaced with something, but it feels like it's time is up.

57 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why would the average guy, especially young boys, go and watch a Barbie movie? This is no way comparable to Minions

It’s not “young boys”. It’s men 18-40. Teenagers will go watch it ironically the way they watched Minions ironically.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Rumored production budgets

GOTG 3 $250M

Fast X $340M

Little Mermaid $150M

Transformers $200M

Flash $300M

Indy 5 $295M

MI 7 $290M

Oppenheimer $100M

Barbie $100M

Just for a few I pulled on google searches...

The Flash will probably be good but it won't make a substantial profit 

Fast X is doomed imo ($850M WW breakeven with China turning its back on Hollywood seems like a tough ask)

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

Fast X seems like the movie to most likely to bomb IMO.  I know IMDB sucks but Fast 9 only has a 5.2/10.

Fast X is following up to a bad movie plus the China money is drying up for American films which is bad news for a Fast movie.

I could see it grossing 500-550M worldwide on a $340M budget.  

We could actually have another Allegiant situation here.

• Like 1

The sheer amount of Barbie memes I saw even casual friends sharing today was nuts. If you asked me a week ago I would have said it was too caught between target audiences but now I'm buying it big.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I feel like we have officially exited the era that barn-stormed cinema 2014/2015 where random Marvel fun and Chris Pratt reigned supreme. It has yet to be fully replaced with something, but it feels like it's time is up.

Saying this as mario is going crazy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2