kayumanggi

ABIGAIL | 04.19.2024 | Universal | current gross: $25,340,065

Deadline:

After helping to relaunch the Scream franchise, the filmmaking collective known as Radio Silence has signed on to an untitled monster thriller at Universal Pictures. The group’s Matt Bettinelli-Olpin & Tyler Gillett will direct the project, with Chad Villella serving as producer alongside William Sherak, Paul Neinstein and James Vanderbilt at Project X Entertainment.

The script was written by Stephen Sheilds, with revisions by Guy Busick.

22 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I wonder when the first trailer for this will release. This week before Godzilla would be neat, as I'm really curious which classic Universal monster this is based off.

This apparently hasn't even finished filming yet due to the strike causing an extended pause (nor does there seem to be an indication as to when it'll resume), so pretty safe to say it's missing that April date. I'm guessing they push to either the fall or Q1 2025.

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I honestly thought this wasn't gonna be ready on time.

Yeh I’m sure I read a post on this forum yesterday about how this wouldn’t be ready because it didn’t have title and the strike delay. But looks like they turned it around in time. 

I was expecting some gothic vampire ballet story based on the image. It's always refreshing to see a movie of this type not take itself too seriously. If I hear good things, I'll probably take time to see it. God knows April is otherwise barren.

• Like 1