baumer

Weekend Actuals (THG 21.1, 3S 17.0 CITW: 14.7 Titanatar: 11.9)

You think Titanic could have another good hold this weekend?!I think it held well on its own merit and not really because of the anniversary.It would be awesome of it could hold another 30%-35%!I'm seeing it again this weekend! I've been seeing it with new people every single time and everybody has loved it!

Could someone explain to me how Journey 2 experienced such a large rise in sales despite losing theatres?! Was there a renewed marketing campaign this weekend or something?

It may have gained some discount theaters.Anyway, impressive run in light of JC and WOTT's performance.

I completely forgot about that. :lol:

Well... still the question does remain: where are the REAL Hunger Games numbers?

Ranks only 2nd to The Puerto Rico Fudge.

At least we got a reason for PR fudge. WB just said F-you, this is what it made today.

what is the reason for Terminator 4 fudge and what is the Puerto Rico fudge?

The PR fudge was for Transformers 2. It originally tallyed 60M in its Wednesday opening, but because the five-day was only 198M, they covertly said they "forgot to add" Puerto Rico to the Domestic tally of Wednesday and added the necessary 2M to make Wednesday 62M and the five-day total 200M tying TDK at 5 days to the mark. It was one of the greatest threads ever on BOM... at least when I was a member there.

what is the reason for Terminator 4 fudge and what is the Puerto Rico fudge?

T-4 fudge is that on the same day that WB released Potter, they took a small amount of it and gave it to T-4. Why? Who knows. Maybe it needed to make it to 125 for someone to get a bonus or something.Puerto Rico fudge is here:http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.