The Wild Eric

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Think reading those statements and articles there's roughly about even chance that this blows up tomorrow and goes into next year as it ends this week. Roughly 50/50 odds. We will know tomorrow.

Wish I could say you are being too pessimistic but yeah I am kind of with you there. 

• Like 1

lol if those talks fall apart tomorrow.

Take a moment to pray for Hunger Games, since the pressure is probably really on for it to do well now (since it might end up the only movie this holiday season that won't have the "actors couldn't promote it" excuse to fall back on should it underperform).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Think reading those statements and articles there's roughly about even chance that this blows up tomorrow and goes into next year as it ends this week. Roughly 50/50 odds. We will know tomorrow.

I'm leaning into the former outcome myself. Because let's be real: neither Disney pushing back Snow White and Elio by over a year nor Lionsgate having to secure an interim agreement for Hunger Games would have been necessary had the strike been on track to end this week. Those two moves tell me that the studios got word of talks not going well and decided to prepare for it. Honestly, the only way this strike is going to end in my eyes is if governnent officials start to intervene once the economy gets shaken by it.

52 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm leaning into the former outcome myself. Because let's be real: neither Disney pushing back Snow White and Elio by over a year nor Lionsgate having to secure an interim agreement for Hunger Games would have been necessary had the strike been on track to end this week. Those two moves tell me that the studios got word of talks not going well and decided to prepare for it. Honestly, the only way this strike is going to end in my eyes is if governnent officials start to intervene once the economy gets shaken by it.

Now you are being too pessimistic. 

4 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

This either/or remains as absurd as it was a month ago

Edited by AniNate

19 hours ago, Squire said:

I think the strike is gonna last a little bit longer before both sides scramble to a get a deal down a week or so before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving week will then have a lot of “bad news” day drops on 2024 schedule changes and delays. 

Agree, I see this going through thanksgiving or even Christmas 

How about everyone just not make predictions? Take the "no one knows anything" mantra to heart and just accept that you don't know what's going to happen. You will actually seem a lot more intelligent that way.

Edited by AniNate

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

This either/or remains as absurd as it was a month ago

I wish I agreed! Unfortunately, the behavior of the studio heads has prioritized cruely, ego, and attemps to divide unions more than good faith efforts - and this just feels like the "perfect" opportunity for them to try to whip people into a frenzy and break solidarity. I agree nobody knows anything and I shouldn't try to work out every thought I have by posting it, but it just is that pit of the stomach feeling for me today.

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I wish I agreed! Unfortunately, the behavior of the studio heads has prioritized cruely, ego, and attemps to divide unions more than good faith efforts - and this just feels like the "perfect" opportunity for them to try to whip people into a frenzy and break solidarity. I agree nobody knows anything and I shouldn't try to work out every thought I have by posting it, but it just is that pit of the stomach feeling for me today.

Frankly I think the discourse in this thread has been putting more effort into that than the studios ever could. The best way to support SAG AFTRA right now is to have some faith in them.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

You really need to take a chill pill or a holiday. 

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

You really need to take a chill pill or a holiday. 

Nevermind, this thread isn't about me, it is about solidarity with SAG. All I'll say is that people have been accusing me of being too negative since 2016 on here, and it may indeed be annoying, but they can't accuse me of being wrong that often.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nevermind, this thread isn't about me, it is about solidarity with SAG. All I'll say is that people have been accusing me of being too negative since 2016 on here, and it may indeed be annoying, but they can't accuse me of being wrong that often.

Being too negative is one thing but some people on here with others take that to another level. It doesn't hurt to have happy thoughts once in a while.