kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE | 309.3M overseas | 690.6M worldwide

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

im gonna say 600m OS

7 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

390 DOM / 560 OS : 950 WW Total

Where exactly are you guys seeing this massive jump OS taking place, especially considering it doesn't even seem like China is growing at all (and that ERs are well worse than in 2018)?

It will grow and probably sizably but not THAT much, wtf lol and especially not that much more than DOM.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Where exactly are you guys seeing this massive jump OS taking place, especially considering it doesn't even seem like China is growing at all (and that ERs are well worse than in 2018)?

It will grow and probably sizably but not THAT much, wtf lol and especially not that much more than DOM.

its INT OW will be its INT- China total from the first one and with all summer to play with, great  reviews and Elementals looks like its DOA so families will likely flock to S-V

4 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

its INT OW will be its INT- China total from the first one and with all summer to play with, great  reviews and Elementals looks like its DOA so families will likely flock to S-V

If its INT OW is 120 getting to 600M OS is a gigantic stretch. This is still a sequel. I don't see 5x legs happening. Again I just don't get in what countries this would perform that strong especially if China which was its best market stays flat or even declines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

do you think it will translate or will it just be another slam dunk and peter out after OW?

Translate is meaningless because every comment is almost same as IMDB(good plot,nice character building,great storyline,good emotional line),after all,positive comment is majority ,Slam Dunk performence actually really good in China,just a bit under expection since insane pre-sale.

Edited by Sophia Jane

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Because the popularity for Spiderverse 1 has done nothing but growing ever since that first movie came out.

Also this is anecdotal but this year I only went two times in the theatres (Mario and Suzume), and in both times the Spiderverse 2 trailer played. Every time that trailer came out, people lost their fucking minds, kids and adults alike. I don't ever see that kind of reaction just for a trailer alone. That and the Sunflower video getting 2 billions views on YouTube.

That's why i'm going bullish with the overseas numbers. This will be a global event unlike any other this year. At least until Mission Impossible 7 comes out in July.

Edited by Boxx93

42 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Because the popularity for Spiderverse 1 has done nothing but growing ever since that first movie came out.

Also this is anecdotal but this year I only went two times in the theatres (Mario and Suzume), and in both times the Spiderverse 2 trailer played. Every time that trailer came out, people lost their fucking minds, kids and adults alike. I don't ever see that kind of reaction just for a trailer alone. That and the Sunflower video getting 2 billions views on YouTube.

That's why i'm going bullish with the overseas numbers. This will be a global event unlike any other this year. At least until Mission Impossible 7 comes out in July.

No one is saying it will not increase. I definitely believe it will increase for one and well enough. But the feasibility of your numbers is not there I'm afraid. Especially with China not increasing from 1st film.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MG10 said:

Time to make a forecast before it comes out

The first made 190M in North America, 60M in China and 120M in the rest of the world

For the second I expect 275/325M in North America, 50M in China (hopefully a bit more) and 250M in the rest of the world

I'm thinking as of right now 350 million in North America, 55m in China, and 305 million from the rest of the world for a WW gross of 710m

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

No one is saying it will not increase. I definitely believe it will increase for one and well enough. But the feasibility of your numbers is not there I'm afraid. Especially with China not increasing from 1st film.

look at markets such as australia or mexico, where presales are showing opening weekend to be higher than the total gross of ITSV

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

look at markets such as australia or mexico, where presales are showing opening weekend to be higher than the total gross of ITSV

Sure. But that is not many. France does not look that high for example. To get 600M OS you would need spidey to do 4.5x OS-c of the first film.

• Like 1