kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE | 309.3M overseas | 690.6M worldwide

I think this movie should not be about big OD in overseas markets. I expect reception to be very good helping with legs. That said its facing huge competition in OS markets with Transformers. While that movie is pale shadow of its peak  in domestic markets, its still a monster in many OS markets. 

I am hoping for 300m+ OS. 

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think this movie should not be about big OD in overseas markets.

Except for one: second largest pure OD of the year in Mexico. No holidays at all. Brazil seems lower so we'll see which one gets followed by the rest of Latam.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

Will be very disappointed if this doesn’t do 350M in current set of markets and then 50M+ in Japan & Korea

Are you thinking SK does like 40M+? Because I don't think Japan will grow much and considering ERs may not grow at all. The first film did not even have good legs in the market.

2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Except for one: second largest pure OD of the year in Mexico. No holidays at all. Brazil seems lower so we'll see which one gets followed by the rest of Latam.

Saw your post in Mexico thread. If Mexico itself opens to 20m, I dont see how it misses 100m. Charlie's 115m is a good start for this movie. 

14 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

May be 20M japan? Idk

I don't see that happening. 1st film had meh legs by JP standards. Sequel won't go 3x especially as sequels almost never grow big in Japan (in fact most of the time sequels don't really grow at all). With disastrous ER atm just making 10M would be a strong performance imho albeit aided by ticket price being raised soon.

Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see. But it sounds very optimistic.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I don't see that happening. 1st film had meh legs by JP standards. Sequel won't go 3x especially as sequels almost never grow big in Japan (in fact most of the time sequels don't really grow at all). With disastrous ER atm just making 10M would be a strong performance imho albeit aided by ticket price being raised soon.

Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see. But it sounds very optimistic.

I won’t fight on it but Spider Verse is doing more than 3x in many markets so its not something that will be out of ordinary. Basically imagine close to Homecoming / FFH numbers in most of markets.

5 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

I won’t fight on it but Spider Verse is doing more than 3x in many markets so its not something that will be out of ordinary. Basically imagine close to Homecoming / FFH numbers in most of markets.

Tbf, homecoming/FFH was a 10% increase in Japan, and if you applied the same ER gap as between ITSV and ATSV, it would've decreased! 😛

I am not doubting it will happen in many markets and some will even go higher like mexico. But I don't think it will have that increase in Japan. In fact I am struggling to even think of a time I have seen that sort of increase in a direct sequel in JP. Closest I can think of seeing it is in franchise films but those are all unrelated films spawning off the same franchise.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Tbf, homecoming/FFH was a 10% increase in Japan, and if you applied the same ER gap as between ITSV and ATSV, it would've decreased! 😛

I am not doubting it will happen in many markets and some will even go higher like mexico. But I don't think it will have that increase in Japan. In fact I am struggling to even think of a time I have seen that sort of increase in a direct sequel in JP. Closest I can think of seeing it is in franchise films but those are all unrelated films spawning off the same franchise.

What I meant is this will do numbers closer to Homecoming & FFH i.e. 2.8B / 3.06B.

Something like 2.5B may be.

Now Asia is bit lower than Homecoming but I am

hoping Japan will behave like Western markets.

25 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

What I meant is this will do numbers closer to Homecoming & FFH i.e. 2.8B / 3.06B.

Something like 2.5B may be.

Now Asia is bit lower than Homecoming but I am

hoping Japan will behave like Western markets.

I would be very surprised, big sequel jumps almost never happen in Japan and the first film didn't really seem to have exceptional WOM or anything given that legs were completely unremarkable. But maybe I'm wrong. We'll see what happens.

Edited by JustLurking

21 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Indonesia

Tracked for $2.0M OW (will eventually break 1M admits in coming dates

2018 did $2.711.731 Final (couldn't cross 1M admits)

Seems like $400K OD // should passed 2018 OW in 2-Days ~ FYI, $769K OW for 2018

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flip said:

I'm thinking as of right now 350 million in North America, 55m in China, and 305 million from the rest of the world for a WW gross of 710m

Yeah I've seen the new estimates for Usa/Canada, at this point they might be bigger than overseas also for the sequel

Edited by MG10