Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Friday #s: Mario 14.1, Evil Dead 10.3, Covenant 2.25, John Wick 1.6, Air 1.4

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$10.3m for Evil Dead Rise, excellent. I was worried WB’s marketing effort (or lack of) was going to stop it from getting over $20m for the weekend. 

Pope’s Exorcist and Renfield both falling heavily. 

WB needed this. Their past 6 months have been terrible.

Evil Dead is looking to be WB's first certified hit since...Elvis, 10 months ago.

The Covenant's opening could've been worse. At least it won't go down as the lowest grossing Guy Ritchie movie of 2023, if we want to call that a win lol.

Really good for EDR. Walkups yesterday were very good unlike on thursday. I guess adults will prefer a friday evening to a thursday. Today I am not expecting a major increase. Would need even better walkups to hit similar numbers as friday without previews. That said whatever happens it will do at least low 20s. I am hoping it can do 9m saturday for 25m OW. 

Terrific for Mario. I think 60m is in play for sure. Today walkups will be huge. I think another 40m weekend will happen and then it will have a bigger drop(45%+) when it loses all Imax/PLF to Guardians. Not sure if it can beat Incredibles but its going to get close to 600m and I hope Universal keep pushing it there. 

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

combining one of their biggest breakout hits of last year with this year i think baz luhrmann should direct an evil dead movie.

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just to Die. And be Dead By the Dawn."

"One by One We're Going to Slay You"

After all, nobody ever really asked WHY the curtain was red..... 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Based on the Fri numbers from Deadline - i doubt it will beat JW4 or Air this weekend.

I expect D&D to have better saturday increase than other 2 considering its more family friendly. That said JW4 should finish 3rd. It could be close between Air and D&D. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TigerPaw said:

Based on the Fri numbers from Deadline - i doubt it will beat JW4 or Air this weekend.

We have official Friday estimates. But yes, I know it's not possible, but I still want it to happen. 😂

3 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Finally some good legs for some of these. Maybe a bit too late for DnD to hit $100m DOM tho right? Looks more like $95ish total. Should be another good drop next weekend but then GOTG will knock it out, even if that underperforms

$95M is looking where it'll end, unless Paramount pulls Passengers/A Wrinkle in Time shenanigans and drags its run out to hit $100M through double features (their next release isn't until Transformers in June and after that, Mission: Impossible more than a month later).