Eric Duncan

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

JDW has turned into the complete opposite of his father and become one of those actors who does absolutely nothing for me (liked him in BlacKkKlansman but it's been downhill performance-wise ever since), but this sounds very intriguing! Looking forward to it.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, more interesting than The Creator which feels like a title for some AppleTV+ miniseries. 

The Creator is evocative. Instantly has the mind running towards something like Prometheus. 

• Heart 1
  • ...wtf 1

Looks good! Missed Edwards the director. I don't say this kind of opinion too often because I like being positive but I'm still really waiting for Denzel's son to show me something as an actor. I am very unimpressed. Even Black KKKlansman suffered due to this. So that's dampening my excitement tbh.

It's an original science fiction movie so it's an instant flop already. It does look great though. I'm glad to see Gareth Edwards back on the scene after an exhausting run of Godzilla and Rogue One back to back. As long as he doesn't overdo the teasing like in his Godzilla reboot, I'm good. We even have great early word from the scooperbro circle:

I'm so into the look of it. It really feels big scale and epic.

Bold strategy to launch this trailer same day as MI Dead Reckoning tho. Seeing as this is from 20th Century, they probably shoud've attached this to Guardians 3.

It looks expensive. Gotta be at least $100m budget

• Like 1

Seems like it could easily be a Neill Blomkamp movie but I've missed Edwards, the man has what it takes to make a grand movie. The blocking and tension in Godzilla 2014 is top notch. 

This looks visually stunning, it's in that super wide aspect aspect ratio as well which I don't think I've seen used in something prominent since like Hateful Eight. It's a nice retort to most other films going taller. 

On 4/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, tonytr87 said:

True Love is a terrible title for a scifi epic. 

maybe for marketing purposes

but it was kinda cool

That looks far more approachable and mainstream than I would have guessed from secondhand accounts from CinemaCon (mainly Campea).

It may not make a splash, but this trailer doesn't seem as high brow as I expected.