kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

5 hours ago, Austin said:

I'm watching it for my second viewing in a couple hours.

Yeah, it's still a 9/10.

I don't know if you have a soul if you didn't cry at least once during the movie. Unless you already hated the Guardians of Galaxy before but then I would question why watch this one lol.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Austin said:

Yeah, it's still a 9/10.

I don't know if you have a soul if you didn't cry at least once during the movie. Unless you already hated the Guardians of Galaxy before but then I would question why watch this one lol.

I didn’t cry in it, but I did in Mario

What does that say about me? 😳

• Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Can we not use EC as a source on here? He's harassed quite a lot of people here to no end and doesn't need to be given any further notoriety or influence. 

Charlie is usually not far after that person anyway. 

Thank you for saying this. He harassed and bullied me on a daily basis because I made wrong predictions on whether theaters will survive or not and I feel like I want to throw up every time people share his tweets, because it brings up bad memories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disbelief 1

41 minutes ago, elhassane31 said:

I've seen people predicting Mario's final range to be 1.3-1.35B but I wonder if there's any scenario in which Frozen 2 is going down.

find out tonight when the global numbers come in.  last week, Mario was $52m ahead of Frozen 2 after 5 weekends. But frozen 2 made way over $200m in weeks 6 and 7. it's going to be tough but there's still a chance

Edited by unexpected

It’s only the second weekend of the summer 2023 season and we already have 3 flops, 2 of them financial mega bombs:

Love Again

Knights of the Zodiac

Hypnotic

What else is likely to join the rapidly growing list this summer? 

(Before anyone says it. Just because they were dumped, doesn’t mean they’re not still financial bombs)

I don't see any issue in quoting EC's tweets as they're generally just numbers. It's definitely wrong what he did some users here and that's why he's banned. Obviously not a mod so what I say is meaningless but, again, I just don't see anything wrong at all with including his numbers specific tweets in threads. If he has bullying tweets, obviously they'd have no place here.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Chris Pratt keeps winning!

Garfield over a billion WW next year?

Fu5tvG3XwAUEtau?format=jpg

If it was Illumination - 100% yes.

Sony is gonna be a little more question mark on getting there, but I like the Memorial Day weekend release spot...

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If it was Illumination - 100% yes.

Sony is gonna be a little more question mark on getting there, but I like the Memorial Day weekend release spot...

My concern would be that past Garfield movies have not broken much at all. I know the first movie adaptation was almost 20 years ago. But, it and its sequels did just okay.

30 minutes ago, DTP said:

Do kids today even know who Garfield is?

Yeah, I imagine this is going to be a big problem for it. These old 80s classics aren't really relevant to today's primary moviegoing demographic. That's why Smurfs Lost Village tanked, and the upcoming Transformers and Ninja Turtles movies are such huge risks.

• Like 1