Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** FAST X SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Glad I read the spoilers cause I'm skipping the theater for this. I'll always have those great memories of seeing 6 and 7 with packed, awesome crowds but my interest is completely lost. Rewatching F9 the other night reminded me how much I dislike dead characters returning so I sure as shit don't want Gal Gadot coming back. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Hans story as to why his death was faked really made no sense in fact it was freaking impossible. I guess impossible is nothing new for this series but Giselle is definitely dead. And The Rock making a cameo appearance at the end of the movie is pretty stupid as well.

Having said that I will still see this in the theaters. It's a big action packed dumb goofy Summer movie and I can't help myself.

• Like 1

Han coming back was fine because he's the GOAT character (they had to keep punting Tokyo Drift further and further down the timeline to keep his death from happening). Gal Gadot coming back is just dumb, did anyone even care for her in these?

I don't mind Cipher joining la familia, Momoa will be in the next one too lol.

These movies have become Hamburger Shonen.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Why do they keep bringing back characters from the dead in the Fast series? It's not like a comic book film which can use science, magic etc to bring back a dead character.

They even bring back characters who's actors are dead.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

John Cena apparently dies in this one. I am thinking he stays dead unlike literally everyone else.

The thing that gets me is making Theron a part of the family. Like why? She killed Elena point blank and kidnapped the baby.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The thing that gets me is making Theron a part of the family. Like why? She killed Elena point blank and kidnapped the baby.

#JusticeForElena will trend like it did for Han after they made Statham part of the family and they'll reveal Elena was fine actually and it was a robot or something who died.

Edited by Mulder
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Maybe Elena didn't die. Maybe she's the mastermind and hired Cipher, lol. In these movies, everything is possible. They already went to space.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Gadot’s return definitely got set up the minute after Wonder Woman 3 got canned didn’t it?

Apparently Gal was always there. They tested different cuts with and without her.

The Rock is definitely there due to the Black Adam disaster. He  was added during reshoots. Vin Diesel got that man on his knees like Mr Burns

giphy.gif

crawling-back-eh-mr-burns.gif
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mulder said:

#JusticeForElena will trend like it did for Han after they made Statham part of the family and they'll reveal Elena was fine actually and it was a robot or something who died.

It’s probably the most unnecessarily violent death in the series. Shot in the face whilst tied to a chair. 

11 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

This franchise is live action Dragon Ball, no one stays dead.

Cosmaonaut likened this franchise to shonen anime and there is honestly no better comparison out there. Like we're now in the "overly long final part that's gone off the rails" portion of popular shonen anime that has been Fast 8 onwards. xD

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

The cast is so fucking bloated at this point. Cypher should have died in F9.

• Like 3

A truly insane movie.  I loved it and also hated it.

Shit ending though.  Nothing is resolved.  I can easily forgive a movie that leaves the macro story unresolved, but there needs to be some amount of resolution for the characters on an individual level.

Edited by ZackM