Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** FAST X SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

All right my thoughts in point form.

The action sequences are up there with part 5. I mean it's really well directed and well choreographed and the action scenes are really quite thrilling.

I thought Jason Momoa was about annoying of a character as I've ever witnessed. I just didn't like anything about him. He's too much like the Joker whether it be Jack Nicholson or Heath ledger. He just felt out of place in this movie.

Cipher doesn't become part of the family. She helps out because Dante is a raven lunatic who wants to kill everyone that she knows. It's not like Dom welcome her into the family. There's a huge fight between her and Letty and it was completely stupid especially considering the situation that they were in.

The weakest part of this movie is that they split everybody up. And that just doesn't work for me. Maybe it does for others but for me having Dom and his story, Roman and Han and the other two with their story and then Letty going off and doing her thing, it just didn't feel like a fast and furious movie.

I like John Cena in it. Him and Dom's son actually had some pretty good chemistry.

Jason Statham is in it way too briefly and so is Helen Mirren and that's unfortunate because they're too fantastically charismatic characters.

I didn't like that it ended on a cliffhanger. I knew they were splitting it up into two parts or maybe three or maybe seven but everything at the end just looks like everybody's dead.

I hated the gal Gadot appearance, it makes no sense and if she ever meets up with Han again she's going to have some huge explaining to do.

I didn't mind the rocks appearance at the end. It's a good setup for the next movie.

Overall I would say this is probably the worst fast and furious I've seen. If I had to give it a grade out of 10 I'd probably say it was like a 5.5.

21 hours ago, baumer said:

Tess doesn't become part of the family. She helps out because Dante is a raven lunatic who wants to kill everyone that she knows. It's not like Dom welcome her into the family. There's a huge fight between her and Letty and it was completely stupid especially considering the situation that they were in.

I assume you mean Cipher and not Tess.

• Like 1

Brie Larson should be forced to return her Oscar for this performance. She got her talent taken by the Monstars sometime in the last three years.

Best since 7 kind of by default but mostly bad. Don't mind a cliffhanger. Enjoyed Mamoa. Miss the days of robbing DVD players off trucks. Miss when action looked somewhat real. Franchise has beyond jumped shark sadly.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Why did they retcon the Territos from Italian to Hispanic. 

They were never Italian. I think the writers of the first movie thought the Torretto name was Spanish sounding and used it. This was during the time where Chinese and Japanese names were used damn near interchangeably in films, so… meh.

Either way: if we include Italian, the confirmed Torretto bloodline as of Fast X is: Italian, Cuban, Brazilian, Norwegian, and African. 

Was anyone else flabbergasted when that dude in his underwear showed up out of nowhere. I legit thought I was tripping I laughed for like 5 minutes straight. It came outta nowhere. This movie wasn't near the best of the franchise but gawd damn I was entertained. The Rocky 4 of the Fast and Furious. 

• Thanks 1

Along with The Rock and Gal, Fast X-2 can potentially bring back Bow Wow, Lucas Black, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Hart, Hector, Vince, Eva Mendes, and longtime hold-out Ja Rule back into the mix. It’ll be like a sad little Infinity War.

• Like 1

One thing I hated about the movie is that Dante must be the most brilliant and gifted guy in the entire world. He knows how to use God's eye just as well as its creator. He knows how to coordinate anything and everything and knows exactly where Dom and his team are going to be at all times. He's 20 steps ahead of everybody, he's rich even though I thought his family lost all their money when the safe was robbed and it just gets ridiculous. You can kind of buy some things because it's a movie but in a film and a series that has more ridiculous scenes than you can shake a stick at, I think Dante's absolute gifted brilliance has got to be worse than anything else.

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

think John Cena will actually stay dead. They have to trim the budget for the next one

Agreed.

now that the rock is back they're definitely going to have to trim some salary

On 5/21/2023 at 6:35 AM, John Marston said:

think John Cena will actually stay dead. They have to trim the budget for the next one

John Cena and Mamoa were the best things in the movie. Killing off Cena seems incredibly short cited

• Like 1

Don’t think I’ve seen Alan Ritchson is anything  but  he made an impression. Like how they set him up as another Hobbs and the next to join the family (even having him start to help Don at the exact place Hobbs did) then do a switcheroo. Hell I was surprised Vin was ok with the little moments that poked fun at some aspects of the series 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

Don’t think I’ve seen Alan Ritchson is anything  but  he made an impression. Like how they set him up as another Hobbs and the next to join the family (even having him start to help Don at the exact place Hobbs did) then do a switcheroo. Hell I was surprised Vin was ok with the little moments that poked fun at some aspects of the series 

He's the lead on the Jack Reacher show on Amazon, him and the show are great, would highly reccomend!

Edited by TheDude391

Question is which of the returning charecters are really 

13 hours ago, AJG said:

John Cena and Mamoa were the best things in the movie. Killing off Cena seems incredibly short cited

If they are bringing back the Rock and maybe Gadot(she just might be a cameo return) they have to cut the salary overhead somehwere.