Issac Newton

Weekdays | Fast X $5.4M

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its was a holiday in Canada yesterday. 

It still dropped better than GotG2 in 2017 with the same holiday on that day and is now posting the same numbers and caught up pace. 

Guardians 3 is having a hell of a run. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Question from a Canadian. 
Do some parts of the country have elementary / high school finishing in early June? In Canada, in most provinces we go right until end of June. 

To my knowledge this week is the last week of school for most states in the US. 

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

That's just 32% drop from last week. Wonder if summer holidays already started in some parts of country

Yeah, schools are getting out earlier now that distances learning has replaced snow days. Local schools around me are all out by Thursday, with some done tomorrow, some today and some already gone.

7 hours ago, M37 said:

John Wick 3 turned a $5.2M pre-Memorial Day first Monday into a $24.6M 3-day (vs Aladdin). Fast X probably slides off faster, but is a better weekend movie (lower weekday ratio), so would project to about the same IMO

tl;dr - it’s fine

That was 5.72 for Wick, though I agree this is about expected for f10 and probably bodes low-mid 20s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

Question from a Canadian. 
Do some parts of the country have elementary / high school finishing in early June? In Canada, in most provinces we go right until end of June. 

Yeah, it’s inconsistent across US. Schools start in early Aug through Labor Day Tue, and end in late May through Mid-June. Pretty much all schools should be out by 6/16 (Flash & Elemental opening), definitely by 6/23

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Yeah, it’s inconsistent across US. Schools start in early Aug through Labor Day Tue, and end in late May through Mid-June. Pretty much all schools should be out by 6/16 (Flash & Elemental opening), definitely by 6/23

My younger daughter has school till 6/15 here in San Jose. If I am not wrong NY/NJ schools tend to go till last week of June. Some of which is dependent on how bad the winter was and so the school could be extended to make up for lost days. I think this year schools could close slightly earlier as weather was unusally warm this winter in NY area. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stripe said:

Good Monday, but it's probably a bit inflated. It was holiday in Canada, I think

Our holiday always precedes Memorial Day by one week. So yes it was a holiday Monday in Canada and not to say that it doesn't help but if I recall correctly, it's only by about 5-7%. Still I think it's a pretty good number.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upriser7 said:

That's just 32% drop from last week. Wonder if summer holidays already started in some parts of country

This is the one movie that I felt very confident would benefit from the holiday Monday here in canada. Guardians of the Galaxy was very busy in all afternoon showings yesterday at least in the northern part of toronto. So I wouldn't be surprised if that number was inflated by maybe 8-10% because of the holiday here.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

This is solid considering the inflated Monday in Canada.

I think people love and will continue to love to write this franchise off but from the start 20+ years ago it understood audience diversity (in particular the Latinx community) in a way no major studio franchise had and continues to do so. My showing in Nashville was probably 70% non-white, which is amazing.  They absolutely let the budget balloon out of control for this, but in the end its going to turn coin and I think it's done an excellent job of getting its core audience excited for the 'finale'.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1