The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Okay, time to unlock things. And to make sure everybody's in the loop on everything here.

No, racism isn't the sole entire reason TLM is underperforming in certain territories. But to say that it isn't a factor or using some "well why aren't you supporting our movies" strawman argument that has literally nothing to do with the conversation is blatantly trying to hide from the facts and ignore a legit serious issue. An issue that is prominent throughout the entire world. It can hurt to see people call out your country, and at times seem unfair for understandable reasons. But this kind of stuff only derails conversations and makes things unbearable for everybody.

Now that that's out of the way, we are done talking about whether this country is more racist than this country, the "beauty standards" of certain countries, any and all reasons why Halle should not have played Ariel, and so on. We have said absolutely said everything that needs to be said in this regard and there is nothing more to add. So we have to move on. And if you cannot move on, you will be threadbanned instantly. No exceptions.

If you have any problems with this whatsoever, you can either explain why in my PMs or simply go somewhere else. As I love to mention again and again, and I will always mention until I am dead and buried into the ground, if you don't like a forum and/or how it's run, then find another place that fits you better. We are not the only place on the entire Internet where you can talk about the box office and Little Mermaid in particular, so why hang around a place you don't care for?

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Seems to me like TLM is doing exceedingly well domestically. I think it's the third biggest one after lion king and beauty and the beast? Could get to 400M domestic with strong legs which is huge.

People seem to be saying it's doing poor overseas, how exactly is it's opening comparing to past Disney's remakes openings overseas?

Just here to say GotG3 is slaying so hard. Shame that Spider-Verse and The Flash will affect its legs a lot.

Fast 11 needs to cost 200M at best and needs to be an ending. No more nonsense Vin.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Prince Eric said:

Halle should not have layed Ariel

Ok, now I have questions …

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Remember when the Fast and Furious movies had this

3cbc40d7-7b03-40ce-998a-d12941f5214b_tex

People will be Furious about the diversity in the Fast films just as soon as someone figures out what ethnicity the Torettos are supposed to be.

• Haha 3

1989 these movies came out:

Batman 89 (first movie)

Ghostbuster 2 (Sequel)

Indy and The Last Crusade (Sequel)

The Little Mermaid (Stand alone)

2023 these movies are releasing:

Flash (First Flash movie, Keaton is featured in the film from Batman 89)

Ghostbusters Afterlife 2 is coming (Sequel)

Indy 5 (Sequel)

The Little Mermaid (Stand Alone Remake)

great-scott-surprised.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm semi surprised that hasn't happened outside of Ralph 2

15 minutes ago, Prince Eric said:

Already happened lol

This was literally the first thing that popped up in my mind and I was about to post it but then saw you 2 had the same thought. 

Anyways it is clear that Fast Franchise can't afford a 12th movie.

Make Fast XI 3 hours if you have to but make it the last one.

Then move on to spin offs with less budget, A Hobbs & Shaw or Han & Shaw, a female lead spin off.

What's everyone's top 10 movies of 1989? 

Mine: 

1. When Harry Met Sally 

2. The Little Mermaid 

3. Do the Right Thing 

4. Say Anything 

5. Crimes & Misdemeanors 

6.  Dead Calm 

7. Heathers 

8. Parenthood 

9. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

10. Lethal Weapon 2 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

What's everyone's top 10 movies of 1989? 

Mine: 

1. When Harry Met Sally 

2. The Little Mermaid 

3. Do the Right Thing 

4. Say Anything 

5. Crimes & Misdemeanors 

6.  Dead Calm 

7. Heathers 

8. Parenthood 

9. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 

10. Lethal Weapon 2 

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016