The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

100m three day is dead. Seems that the Disney family arm is underindexing. A 95m+/115m+ four day is still good but still noteworthy of a difference.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

well, maybe. 
except his number mirrors Aladdin on the Memorial Day release just before the pandemic, so as good a guess as any. 

haha, I stand corrected. 
Charlie’s 29m would be pretty meh for it.

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

29+

Below Aladdin's first Saturday?! That is quite disappointing not gonna lie. I was expecting 35M+ Saturday.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Below Aladdin's first Saturday?! That is quite disappointing not gonna lie. I was expecting 35M+ Saturday.

Aladdin legs were really great. I wouldn't expect Little Mermaid to have similar legs.

In itself, 117-123 4-day wouldn't be a bad OW at all. However, it will really need good legs for the 250 million budget.

• Like 1

Over $35 million Saturday could give it $110 m for the 3-day.

$30-$35 mill gives it somewhere between $100-$109 m.

Under $30 m (probably not going to be that low) puts $100 m in some question.

The question is what that "+" means.

3 hours ago, XXR Anti-Hero said:

It'll clear 400 the same day Mario clears 700.

Imagine having jokes about me saying Mario could challenge for the highest grossing animated film of all time as far back as last year (correct), when the average pre-release Mario predictions around here were like “maybe” 250m DOM… what was yours lmaooooo

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

So is GOTG3 still have a good chance at winning the summer domestically?

Good chance, unless if Spider-verse really does that well. 

But a $370Mish domestic summer crown with 2023 ATP? Would not have expected it. We'll see how things go, maybe The Flash and MI7 or Indiana Jones can surprise, I kind of doubt it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

So is GOTG3 still have a good chance at winning the summer domestically?

Seems like it 

Guardians should finish with 360-375M 

TLM won’t go much beyond 300M with 115M 4-Day, Flash numbers aren’t screaming juggernaut even with good WOM, Indy 5 and Elemental are both critical misfires with bad presales, Transformers will be lucky getting 150M and Oppenheimer should be big on it’s own terms but close to Dunkirk 

I expect MI7 to grow quite a bit compared to 6 but I’m thinking 300M 

The only movie that seems to open big enough to have a shot at 360-370M is SpiderVerse and i guess Barbie is a wildcard so it can explode if the insane hype online translate into box office 

• Like 6