The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

1 minute ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Universal could be this year Playstation, Fanboys from other places like to hate but nearly always No. 1 or a good performer. 

PlayStation at the movies is usually Disney, but yeah, I agree. I do think that Guardians Vol. 3 still has a decent shot of being the biggest film of the summer though.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

PlayStation at the movies is usually Disney, but yeah, I agree. I do think that Guardians Vol. 3 still has a decent shot of being the biggest film of the summer though.

The thing is Guardians 3 is great but is possible it could end the lowest grossing of the trilogy, plus Mission Impossible 7 is coming after Top Gun Maverick, that movie could end up highest grossing of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

The thing is Guardians 3 is great but is possible it could end the lowest grossing of the trilogy, plus Mission Impossible 7 is coming after Top Gun Maverick, that movie could end up highest grossing of the year. 

While I agree that MI7 is a wild card, I’m not sure if what happened with TGM might be replicated. It’d be the box office story of the year, just like it was last year next to A2. I don’t doubt it, but I’m not banking on it.

4 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Guardians 3 is 100% gonna outgross Guardians 1 and has a possibility to outgross Guardians 2.

850-900M could still be in play

• Like 8

Yeh I don’t think people should assume Top Gun Maverick’s insane success will rub off on Mission Impossible. 

I went to see Top Gun Maverick because of all of the hype (I loved it), but I don’t usually like Tom Cruise and the last MI film I watched was number 2. I don’t plan on seeing whatever number this one is. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Universal could be this year Playstation, Fanboys from other places like to hate but nearly always No. 1 or a good performer. 

They’ve got nothing left this year that’s garanteed to do as well as even Fast X DOM. Their Mario-induced lead is likely to have shrunk by the end of the summer.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

They’ve got nothing left this year that’s garanteed to do as well as even Fast X DOM. Their Mario-induced lead is likely to have shrunk by the end of the summer.

Migration should find a family audience around Christmas though it's probably the Illumination with the least going for it in...well, a while.

But yeah, their schedule is about to dry up for some reason. All they have for the rest of the year is Nolan, three animated movies, three horror movies (one of which will be streaming the same day as theaters), and an R-rated comedy.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I don’t think people should assume Top Gun Maverick’s insane success will rub off on Mission Impossible. 

It will rub off on it somewhat. I expect this to be the highest grossing M:I yet, unless it's bad (the last 3 have been bangers and the best tentpoles Hollywood has had to offer in the last decade along with the Planet of the Apes movies) 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I went to see Top Gun Maverick because of all of the hype (I loved it), but I don’t usually like Tom Cruise and the last MI film I watched was number 2. I don’t plan on seeing whatever number this one is. 

It will be hilarious when Mission Impossible only does like 250M and everybody melts down because it didn’t do a bajillion dollars. Like…you’re setting yourself up for disappointment 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Prince Eric said:

It will be hilarious when Mission Impossible only does like 250M and everybody melts down because it didn’t do a bajillion dollars. Like…you’re setting yourself up for disappointment 

Exactly! That’s what I think is going to happen. 

Expectations are getting out of hand and there will end up being a lot of disappointments this year for people. 

Helps to keep your expectations in check :) 

• Like 1