The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Pls dont remind me.

Thats still the biggest box office injustice of all time.

It was an injustice that they wasted four iconic kaiju on a terrible movie.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, screambaby said:

King of the monsters?

The original fans complained there wasn't enough godxzilla

The sequel they complained there was too much.....lulz

King of the Monsters took itself way too seriously.

Godzilla vs Kong didn't and we can see the results.

And the leaks of Godzilla & Kong confirms that it is going to even more bonkers direction than GvK.

Also I've underrated factor in KOTM poor reception could be how it looked, With those ludicrous color palettes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The best thing about the movie is the teaser trailer. 

Best Thing about the movie is the Hawai Sequence.

And I've maintained that no matter what they do, including Godzilla vs Kong clashing after 60 years, the Hawaiian sequence leading to first reveal of Godzilla will remain the best set piece of Monsterverse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Were the other 3 that iconic for General Audience.

I guess for Japan and Godzilla fans they were, but for general public there was only Godzilla and Kong, they are the Global icons.

Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra are niche, i would say Mechagodzilla is more popular than them for wider audience.

9 minutes ago, cookie said:

KOTM is the wet dream of every Godzilla fan. The script is terrible, but all the monster scenes are amazing. I will forever be thankfull for Michael Dougherty that he made this movie. When it comes to willingly overlook flaws with a movie, im even worse with KOTM than i am with the Jurassic World sequels.

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Disney history is pretty directly correlated to WDAS’ success and quality output. Basically everytime WDAS is in a groove, the company succeeds, and every time they’re in a rut, the company struggles. Maybe because WDAS is pretty much the essence of what Disney as a brand is in the first place. A lack of quality output from WDAS pretty much means there is something bigger wrong with execs not understanding what the brand is (spoiler: the company lives or dies by its creatives getting to be creative).

Most consider Encanto the end of WDAS highly successful “Revival” era, correlating with Disney’s massive success on the whole between 2010-2020. And Strange World was a really really concerning start to the new one. 

Yeah, they are associated with Kids movies after all.

Unfortunate that with WDAS being in a rut both Marvel and SW (especially the later) are doing as well (SW fell off a cliff and there is nothing coming).

The real problem for Disney is that in the 2000s Pixar picked up while WDAS slacked after all this incredible 90s movies. But Pixar brought (from 1999 onward) Toy Story 2, Monster AG, Finding Nemo, Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3 - that is an insane run (2011 with Cars 2 - push, that wasn't it) and even from 2015-2019 Pixar had Inside Out, Finding Dory, Coco, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 (but also the bombs Arlo & Spot and Cars 2), so they too are in a really bad period right now and weren't in the past decade.

36 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I like these remakes, the last two were crap though, Mulan did look better in first trailer but after that it was just complete downer. The Little Mermaid looked like trash from first trailer itself. 

more Aladdin please but guess not much left to remake. Hate they already doing Moana.

The issue with Mulan, not counting the pandemic, is that they made way too many plot changes to the point where the central message of "through hard work, confidence, and intelligence, everyone can achieve greatness" became "some people are just born special" with the "Mulan's Chi is just too powerful" plot point being added to the mix. It literally changed the basic structure of the movie for no reason.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Best Thing about the movie is the Hawai Sequence.

That scene and the immediately following scene kind of encapsulate the absolute best and absolute worst thing about the movie.

Best - great buildup, we anticipate Godzilla arriving to save everyone, then we pan up and finally the big reveal...

The worst - ... to immediately cut away to a TV showing Godzilla and the MUTO fighting from a news chopper perspective.

I completely get cutting away from Godzilla till the big reveal. But once the reveal happened, there was zero logic in keeping the cutaways going. Once the reveal happened, that should have been it, after that the focus needs to be Godzilla, not the world's worst bomb disposal guy.

• Like 2

Monsterverse rankings.

Kong skull island . Best set of characters In the monsterverse  and yeah action is good and solid and we can see shit . Love the ending with orielly's character. I do admit Samuel Jackson hums it up way too much though.

Godzilla vs Kong . Doesn't take itself seriously and also delivers on some Kaiju action. Human characters are  super dumb it's laughable though.

Godzilla 2014. Gareth Edwards direction is stellar but why is he not giving this action we crave. The action comes at the end but barely  see shit.

And oh they killed Bryan Cranston the only interesting character in the film.

KOTM . Was massively dissapointed in this. It takes itself way too seriously. Farmiga's character motivations don't make much sense and when she tries to explain shit gets more hillarous. Color pallette in this is just not good and yeah cant see shit in the battle at the end  again. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

5 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Godzilla vs Kong . Doesn't take itself seriously and also delivers on some Kaiju action. Human characters are  super dumb it's laughable though.

One thing I love about GvK is that you can tell they had characters with a lot of backstory and plot and maybe a lot more dialogue and they realized no one cares about that and just wanted Monke vs Lizard, so they cut everything to the bone except the fights. Best decision ever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That scene and the immediately following scene kind of encapsulate the absolute best and absolute worst thing about the movie.

Best - great buildup, we anticipate Godzilla arriving to save everyone, then we pan up and finally the big reveal...

The worst - ... to immediately cut away to a TV showing Godzilla and the MUTO fighting from a news chopper perspective.

I completely get cutting away from Godzilla till the big reveal. But once the reveal happened, there was zero logic in keeping the cutaways going. Once the reveal happened, that should have been it, after that the focus needs to be Godzilla, not the world's worst bomb disposal guy.

That Roar should've been followed up by a quick fight where The Male MUTO flies away and Godzilla seemingly annoyed.

Then 2nd fight should've taken place in city when Wanda was running here & there, they also cut at that moment when Godzilla and MUTO started fight, instead have them fight and MUTO again flies away, annoying Godzilla even more.

And then the final fight happens as it did.

Would build up the main fight and satisfy audience too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

One thing I love about GvK is that you can tell they had characters with a lot of backstory and plot and maybe a lot more dialogue and they realized no one cares about that and just wanted Monke vs Lizard, so they cut everything to the bone except the fights. Best decision ever.

If you liked GvK, Wait till you see the leaks of Godzilla & Kong..... Hehe 

Monsterverse ranking:

01. Godzilla: KOTM - 10/10, best movie ever made
02. Godzilla (2014) - 10/10, best movie ever made
03. Godzilla vs Kong - 10/10, best movie ever
04. Kong: Skull Island - 10/10, one of the best movies ever

Simply put, besides JP, the Monsterverse is the best franchise right now.

This is not an ironic post btw. Im willing to be crucified and die on this hill.

• Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Monsterverse ranking:

01. Godzilla: KOTM - 10/10, best movie ever made
02. Godzilla (2014) - 10/10, best movie ever made
03. Godzilla vs Kong - 10/10, best movie ever
04. Kong: Skull Island - 10/10, one of the best movies ever

Simply put, besides JP, the Monsterverse is the best franchise right now.

This is not an ironic post btw. Im willing to be crucified and die on this hill.

Why "one of the" for Skull Island 

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Why "one of the" for Skull Island 

Its amazing, but it has no Godzilla in it. So in a direct comparison with other Monsterverse films that have Godzilla in it, for me personally, it must rank a tiny little bit lower.

"Objectively" though, i think you can make a good case for Skull Island to be the best movie among them so far.

• Like 3

I love Godzilla 2014. Made with human POV. Great at building up tension and the suspense is reallll. Not a lot of fight but always made me in the edge of my seat about what would happen if Godzilla was real. How scary it would be from my POV. Keeping Godzilla mysterious, nuance, subtle and not too exposed also makes it unique film. Different from KotM and GvK which have the action spectacle aspect but nothing feels special to me. Probably I already used to see giant creatures fighting all out like in other Godzilla movies or other franchises like Transformers, Jurassic etc.

• Like 2