The Wild Eric

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Looks like Street Fighter 6 is a GOTY contender, I wonder how this will affect ATSV’s performance since everyone will be playing at the battle hub.

Spoiler

/s (Obvious sarcasm but as a lifelong Street Fighter player this is so exciting)

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Turns out I bought amc Dolby 3d tickets and didn’t know it. I didn’t even know that theater had Dolby and never been in one before. My seat was vibrating during any action scenes. Was interesting!

I don't have a true IMAX screen very close so Dolby is my preference. There are Dolby and XD screens. LieMAX screens too. From my experience, Dolby is the best option of those options. I love it. Looking forward to a Transformers movie even if it's just an okay movie in Dolby. Godzilla v. Kong was nuts in there.

16 hours ago, G Doss said:

Lol. There has not been a single sold out show today at Charlotte's 22 screen AMC multiplex today. This is an obvious hoax.

Charlotte has more than one theather buddy. You (edited out a expletive before @Prince Eric wakes up) . Here are screen shots I sent my friend when we were scrambling to get 4 seats next to each other. (We ended up with just 3. Her, me and her daughter) Man I wish this board had option to upload pics for times like this. Other ones I sent her were almost sell outs where only the 2 front rows were left which was basically every showing that wasn’t sold out on university side of Charlotte. We ended up seeing the movie in concord. It was important for us to go before 7 because she works at 10 pm.  And we stay on university side so we were having trouble or getting tickets at amc north lake, amc concord, cinergy dine in( our first choice, going there was a no go due to their sell outs,) and regal starlight. I don’t give a fuck what amc was doing on south side of Charlotte as it’s not close to us.

was8bKK_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Q74ah9H_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 3

I ended up spending 90 dollars on just 2 adult tickets, 1 child ticket, a popcorn and a slushee( both for her daughter lol, I didn’t want anything). Outrageous! This is why I go on tuesdays when it’s a movie I actually want to see and by myself!

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is true, and it's not just Disney adaptations, it's musical adaptations as well like the random new songs in Cats and Dear Evan Hansen

I thought Eric’s song was fine but they were really smoking something when they decided to let Awkwafina rap. Talk about Awkwardfina.

17 hours ago, DAJK said:

Saw Mermaid last night. Honestly didn't really find anything special about it, but also didn't find much "wrong" with it either. The performances were fine, standouts probably McCarthy and Diggs. 

What has frustrated me about these remakes is that the added runtime doesn't expand the world or refine the storytelling, but rather just pads the runtime. Too many instances of bad writing in this that it was frustrating. That being said though, it was "serviceable" but nowhere near the live-action remake peaks of Jungle Book, Aladdin, BatB, Cinderella, Cruella imo.

Yeah they really didn’t need the Queen character. But I guess it was to give Eric more of a storyline?

16 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah, I saw it with the fiancé and my mum this afternoon. It's inoffensive but unnecessary, but they absolutely loved it. I won't begrudge them for it at all, the movie was made for them, not me. I'm pretty sure my unborn daughter loves it too, she kept on moving around whenever the songs came on, pretty sure I already have a Disney daughter 😅

The movie was ok. All the kids loved it and that’s what’s important really. It’s not made for me(a 38 year old black guy). They started clapping at the end and I’m like really? But hey, I guess it did it’s job appealing to its main demographic.

Edited by eddyxx

28 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I ended up spending 90 dollars on just 2 adult tickets, 1 child ticket, a popcorn and a slushee( both for her daughter lol, I didn’t want anything). Outrageous! This is why I go on tuesdays when it’s a movie I actually want to see and by myself!

This is part of the reason I said it's gonna struggle against Spidey - $15 for the 3 Spidey Dolby tickets is way better than the $60+ you just spent for the 3 Mermaid tickets, and a lot of parents don't really care which movie they see. and really, many times, neither do the kids if it means popcorns and slushies...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is part of the reason I said it's gonna struggle against Spidey - $15 for the 3 Dolby tickets is way better than the $60+ you just spent for Mermaid, and a lot of parents don't really care which movie they see. and really, many times, neither do the kids if it means popcorns and slushies...

Why are the Spidey tickets so cheap? Even the child ticket was 19.98. I was like but that’s only 3 dollars less than my ticket lol come on! And then the convenience fee on fandango was like 7$. I only used fandango cause we were struggling to get TLM tickets for the 3 of us. On Saturday we had her nephew cause her aunt sent the boy out to the car with my friend’s daughter to hang out 😂😂😳

Me and my friend are seeing Boogeyman on Friday cause she really wants to see it. She’s paying cause I had to spend so much on TLM. I’ll probably see Spidey by myself on a discount Tuesday.

Edited by eddyxx

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Why are the Spidey tickets so cheap? Even the child ticket was 19.98. I was like but that’s only 3 dollars less than my ticket lol come on! And then the convenience fee on fandango was like 7$. I only used fandango cause we were struggling to get TLM tickets for the 3 of us. On Saturday we had her nephew cause her aunt sent the boy out to the car with my friend’s daughter to hang out 😂😂😳

TMobile $5 Atom deal this week - one code per phone - 80M phones and codes in US.  If you want an extra code, you can find them!

PS - And the fees are in the $5.

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

TMobile $5 Atom deal this week - one code per phone - 80M phones and codes in US.  If you want an extra code, you can find them!

Oh wow,  wish I had that instead of the straight talk on my iPhone.:sadfleck:

Just now, eddyxx said:

Oh wow,  wish I had that instead of the straight talk on my iPhone.:sadfleck:

Well, it's only the 5th movie of the year with the deal, and you never know what movies will get them.

I enjoy the perk, but I enjoy the free years of sports streaming more (MLB.tv has been the last 3 years, MLS added this year)...

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Damn. Didn't realize tickets were that much in Charlotte. For AMC Dolby in Pittsburgh it's $48 for two adult and one child for a non discounted (not matinee or Tuesday) evening show. Unless the concessions were $42 which, honestly, is possible if the popcorn was huge? Or, maybe if you didn't have AMC Stubs, you got slammed with that awful convenience fee if you purchased the tickets via their app/website?

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Damn. Didn't realize tickets were that much in Charlotte. For AMC Dolby in Pittsburgh it's $48 for two adult and one child for a non discounted (not matinee or Tuesday) evening show. Unless the concessions were $42 which, honestly, is possible if the popcorn was huge? Or, maybe if you didn't have AMC Stubs, you got slammed with that awful convenience fee if you purchased the tickets via their app/website?

Yep convenience fee but I think that was just 7$…hmm let me check

Total
$72.93

the popcorn and slushee was 17$, almost 18$. I dunno the size, I wasn’t paying attention. Told her to tell the cashier what they wanted and I just paid for it. Lol

The tickets were so expensive cause it was 3d but I didn’t know it was amc Dolby til I got to the theater. It was basically the only showing before 7 pm I could find with 3 seats together and not on the front 2 rows on my side of town. I bought my tickets at like 1 or 2 pm.

i guess I could’ve got something off on the popcorn but I didn’t say anything about amc stubs to the cashier. I honestly just wanted to hurry up and get out of the line. At that point it was already 6 pm and I hate walking in and having missed the beginning of a movie.
Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yep convenience fee but I think that was just 7$…hmm let me check

Total
$72.93

the popcorn and slushee was 17$, almost 18$. I dunno the size, I wasn’t paying attention. Told her to tell the cashier what they wanted and I just paid for it. Lol

The tickets were so expensive cause it was 3d but I didn’t know it was amc Dolby til I got to the theater. It was basically the only showing before 7 pm I could find with 3 seats together and not on the front 2 rows on my side of town. I bought my tickets at like 1 or 2 pm.

i guess I could’ve got something off on the popcorn but I didn’t say anything about amc stubs to the cashier. I honestly just wanted to hurry up and get out of the line. At that point it was already 6 pm and I hate walking in and having missed the beginning of a movie.

Wow. Didn't realize the 3D added that much to it. That's rough. So, here in Pittsburgh at the nearest AMC Dolby it's $17 for a non discounted adult ticket and $14 for non discounted child ticket. Non discounted senior is $15.50. I think it was more money when I saw Avatar 2 in 3D in Dolby but it definitely wasn't $20+. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wow. Didn't realize the 3D added that much to it. That's rough. So, here in Pittsburgh at the nearest AMC Dolby it's $17 for a non discounted adult ticket and $14 for non discounted child ticket. Non discounted senior is $15.50. I think it was more money when I saw Avatar 2 in 3D in Dolby but it definitely wasn't $20+. 

Going to the movies definitely breaks the pocket if you’re not going to a matinee here. I remember when I thought 9$ was too much for tickets and now I’m closing in on mid 20s. Pretty ridiculous. Will probably be paying close to 30$ by Avatar 5. 4 billie incoming lol.

• Astonished 1