The Wild Eric

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

When was the last time a franchise bounced back from multiple failures? 

Just thinking that the hope is Gunn's DC Universr ushers in a new era of success for DC but generally I feel like most franchises that start declining just never recover or at least ever perform in the way people want again.

X-Men for a brief time?.

@BoxOfficeFangrl Since you are talking about Spanish ads, can you help me understand what the fuck is going on on the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever thread?

I brought an update on the whole Tenoch Huerta accusation thing because now the accuser seems to have kind of backtracked and is accusing him of ghosting her, apparently? I know that Spanish should come easy for me as a Brazilian but there are a lot of false cognates and I’m afraid of jumping the gun there. Here is the link for the latest update:

19 minutes ago, AJG said:

The guys behind that well received Dungeons and Dragons film were signed onto write and direct this too at one point.

Yeah, hard to keep track of how often this project changed hands.....

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

When was the last time a franchise bounced back from multiple failures? 

Just thinking that the hope is Gunn's DC Universr ushers in a new era of success for DC but generally I feel like most franchises that start declining just never recover or at least ever perform in the way people want again.

It's a bit different with a Comic Book univerrse franchise since you have so many different characters to play around with. it is really a collection of franchises rather then a single franchise.

But in non CBM, the 007 Franchise has had it;s ups and downs.

I think Superman: Legacy could do it, there's definitely I feel a desire for new Superman stuff, but those initial trailers really have to hit. This has to have an amazing marketing campaign. If it even looks 'just ok', it's doomed imo.

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think Superman: Legacy could do it, there's definitely I feel a desire for new Superman stuff, but those initial trailers really have to hit. This has to have an amazing marketing campaign. If it even looks 'just ok', it's doomed imo.

Way too soon to speculate about Superman Legacy. Too far in the future.

I c ould give you some nightmare scenarios..like the US being in such a state of chaos that nobody is going to the movies.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Way too soon to speculate about Superman Legacy. Too far in the future.

I c ould give you some nightmare scenarios..like the US being in such a state of chaos that nobody is going to the movies.

Dude it's two years away and people were talking about it. Weird place to randomly doomer about real stuff.

Edited by Mulder

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

I have been saying for months since the trailer dropped that Michael Keaton returning as a video game action star in a big cinematic universe title completely misunderstands his appeal and the nostalgia that could be mined from that. Older audiences who love Keaton Batman have nothing in The Flash trailers thats looks appealing and people have been telling me for months that nostalgia would still prevail.

Feeling pretty vindicated rn at these numbers to say the least lol

Nostalgia would prevail if Keaton was a childhood hero for younger audiences, like No Way Home. Unlike Tobey and Andrew, younger audiences couldn't care less about Keaton and older audiences couldn't care less about colorful CGI cameo fest.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Serpico Jones said:

I wonder how Zaslav is liking that first look deal with Muschietti right about now…

should be fine since WB & Muschietti worked many times.

Thank god they have no first look deal with Ezra Miller.

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

should be fine since WB & Muschietti worked many times.

Thank god they have no first look deal with Ezra Miller.

I can almost here people saying at  Warners:

"Well, at least we won't have worry about whether to recast Miller or not".

23 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

@BoxOfficeFangrl Since you are talking about Spanish ads, can you help me understand what the fuck is going on on the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever thread?

I brought an update on the whole Tenoch Huerta accusation thing because now the accuser seems to have kind of backtracked and is accusing him of ghosting her, apparently? I know that Spanish should come easy for me as a Brazilian but there are a lot of false cognates and I’m afraid of jumping the gun there. Here is the link for the latest update:

Sorry, I should have added that I'm not actually fluent in Spanish. My phone must think I am because  I get ads in Spanish sometimes on YouTube, and on the forums today. LOL

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I do wonder who started this bullshit. Zaslav? I don’t remember how this even started. Other than praising The Flash, James Gunn didn’t say this, right?

James Gunn called it one of the greatest comic book movies ever made and one of his favourite movies ever multiple times.