The Wild Eric

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Flash might be underperforming, but this thread has hit half century and we only have Thursday previews officially.

I see this as an absolute win.

Well, in all fairness, 15 pages or so were about whether or not Josh Harnett was supposed to be a star at some point in his career. 

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, 21C said:

The bad legs can absolutely be blamed on Muschietti though. 

I'd get this bizarre instinct to defend Muschietti if we were talking about a critical and audience darling with The Flash, but we aren't. We are talking about a film that's at best receiving middling reactions from the GA. At worst? Same level as Quantumania. And a meh critic score to pair it up. These are not the signs of a great or reliable director that you just have to keep regardless of an embarrassing flop like this. 

Gunn should 100% get rid of him. There's zero reason to believe the same won't happen again. Too big a risk for too small a benefit.

Same thing I said in the other thread. 

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

I'd get this bizarre instinct to defend Muschietti if we were talking about a critical and audience darling with The Flash, but we aren't

You’d get the feeling it has the same reception as D&D or something coming from a lot of the defenses.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

Nothing brings BOT together more than something flopping.

More like nothing brings out the reactions from everywhere than the release of a DC movie, for better or worse (emphasis on "worse" it seems).

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

You’d get the feeling it has the same reception as D&D or something coming from a lot of the defenses.

Yeah it's just so weird, especially because Muschietti really is not worth it at all.

• Like 2

Looking at Indy . Even after all the positive reactions post Cannes and 20ish or so reviews added it hasn't really jumped much 55% with 73 reviews with a 5.9/10 avg.

The only good thing I get from it it's definitely better than crystal skull.  But will see .

Surprised TLM got affected by elemental of all things . It's fourth weekend will be around Aladdin fifth weekend (13.25m).

Transformers isn't out of the woods yet but still think paramount can make a sequel if this does close to 450m  or even 400m+ .

6 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I’ll open an onlyfans so people can see me getting double peneatrated 

This is why you're my favorite poster on here lol.

Edited by YM!

12M for Elemental is good 

I mean, not literally good, but at least not crumbling (like the other movie I’m trying avoid enter in discussions about). 

Depending on how well it will hold during the weekend (waiting for CS, hopefully an A), can ended up with 33-35M OW

With good legs it can ended up with ~120M DOM, still very bad for it’s budget but i hope it can be a new kick for upcoming originals to grow from this base.

• Like 7

Not a great start for Elemental either obviously but with little in terms of direct competition for a while aside from Ruby Gillman (who cares?) and summer weekdays it should be able to get past $100M even if Disney ends up having to push it there. 

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1