The Wild Eric

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

13 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Can some one please put box office mojo out of its misery. I haven’t been on the site in years but I wanted to see what the top 10 for the year looked like. I went to the domestic list for 2023 and first of all, I had to change it from calander gross to yearly gross but the site is showing Antman as the #4 film of the year and the little mermaid as having only grossed 145 million dollars. 

What a waste of server space.

I agree with you it's such a sad fall from grace. They used to be the absolute pinnacle of box office and everybody would go there. Now I'm just an absolute shadow of what they once were.

Brandon Grey at least cared about the site when he was there. Even Sean S (although a dick on the forums) cared about the integrity of the site. Now it's just a bunch of amateur nobodies who dont give two shits about what they post.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Flash needing multiple Batmen, Supergirl and more just to sneak by Green Lantern's 12 year old unadjusted OW by 2M 🥲

That is a huge spoiler and you got to be careful what you post in this thread. There's tons of us who haven't seen the movie yet.

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

That is a huge spoiler and you got to be careful what you post in this thread. There's tons of us who haven't seen the movie yet.

Lolwut. ALL OF THAT has been in the trailers including multiple Batmen (Batfleck and Keaton)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Lol at that Flash number. I guess Keatons involvement didnt have the desired effect.

I honestly thought this had a shot at 100mil OW a while ago. Having said that i find it hard to judge these DC movires knowing that they are pretty much pointless and redundant with the DC reboot. I still thought the Keaton nostalgia would of had a bigger effect though.

It will be interesting to see how Aquaman 2 does when the first film was such a big hit, while the sequel is stuck in that 'redundant' limbo like this film.

Also was this film stuck in development hell for years?, i'm only asking because i just read up on the main actors controversy the last few years, and how the hell did he headline this movie?.

people wanted to ignore that Keaton Batman means nothing to the all important 18-34 crowd, Keaton was a bit part in his own movies, how the Nolan films replaced them in recognition and praise, how Batman Returns wasn't well liked when it came out, and how Jack Nicholson's Joker is probably the thing people remember the most from the 1989 film. Yet people literally claimed Keaton's presence would cause this to explode 

Edited by John Marston

Distribution of guesses for the Flash OW Contest. Blue dot is guess nearest to the median/average/geomean, around $69.5M, and green is cloest to where the current estimate stands ... via @Into the Legion-Verse, who absolutely called the trashy IM

hyLVzrU.png

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is really funny, just saw it on reddit:

I asked Bing AI to write a synopsis to a horror movie about the 2023 The Flash film disaster. This is what it created:

"Here is a possible synopsis for the movie:

**Flashback**

In the year 2055, a group of kids are bored with their virtual reality games and decide to explore an old abandoned mall. They stumble upon a dusty cinema that still has posters of movies from the past. One of them finds a ticket stub to 2023's The Flash movie, starring Ezra Miller, and decides to keep it as a souvenir. Little do they know that the ticket stub is cursed by an angry fan who hated the movie and blamed Miller for ruining his favorite superhero.

The next day, strange things start to happen to the kids. They receive mysterious messages from an unknown number, claiming to be Ezra Miller. The messages are friendly at first, but soon turn into threats and insults. The kids also notice that they are being followed by a man in a red suit, who looks exactly like Miller in his Flash costume. The man seems to have super speed and can appear and disappear at will.

The kids try to get rid of the ticket stub, but it always comes back to them. They realize that they are trapped in a deadly game, and that the only way to end it is to watch the movie. They decide to go back to the cinema and play the old DVD of The Flash on the projector. They hope that by watching the movie, they will break the curse and free themselves from Miller's wrath.

However, when they arrive at the cinema, they find that it is not as empty as they thought. Miller is waiting for them, and he is not happy to see them. He reveals that he is not the real Ezra Miller, but a vengeful spirit who possessed his body after he died in a car accident in 2024. He blames the kids for stealing his ticket stub, which was his last connection to his life and career. He says that he will not let them watch the movie, but instead he will kill them one by one.

The kids have to fight for their lives against Miller, who uses his super speed and other powers to torment them. They also have to deal with the horrors of the movie itself, which comes alive on the screen and interacts with them. The movie is full of glitches, jump scares, bad CGI, and plot holes that make it even more terrifying.

Will the kids survive this nightmare and escape from Miller's clutches? Or will they become his next victims? Find out in Flashback, the ultimate horror movie for DC fans."

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

Asteroid City Milestones, according to Focus:

-The best per theatre average since December of 2016 when La La Land opened to a $176,220 per theater

-The best per theater average of all time for a film that opened on in six locations (the previous record was American Hustle at $123,509)

-The all-time best per theater average for a Focus Features Film, beating Wes Anderson’s 2012 Moonrise Kingdom ($130,700 from 4 theaters)

-Best opening weekend of all time at the Angelika Theatre

-Best opening weekend of all time at the Sunset Theatre

The weekend breakdown: Friday – $350K; Saturday – $250K; Sunday – $190K; Monday – $100K.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Never really developed great late legs to push it to close to 600M DOM. Remarkable run regardless. Selfishly glad something like Incredibles 2 (even without inflation) comfortably remains the #1 DOM grosser for an animated movie.

Mario 2 is gunning for that 600m domestic mark

3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

This is really funny, just saw it on reddit:

I asked Bing AI to write a synopsis to a horror movie about the 2023 The Flash film disaster. This is what it created:

"Here is a possible synopsis for the movie:

**Flashback**

In the year 2055, a group of kids are bored with their virtual reality games and decide to explore an old abandoned mall. They stumble upon a dusty cinema that still has posters of movies from the past. One of them finds a ticket stub to 2023's The Flash movie, starring Ezra Miller, and decides to keep it as a souvenir. Little do they know that the ticket stub is cursed by an angry fan who hated the movie and blamed Miller for ruining his favorite superhero.

The next day, strange things start to happen to the kids. They receive mysterious messages from an unknown number, claiming to be Ezra Miller. The messages are friendly at first, but soon turn into threats and insults. The kids also notice that they are being followed by a man in a red suit, who looks exactly like Miller in his Flash costume. The man seems to have super speed and can appear and disappear at will.

The kids try to get rid of the ticket stub, but it always comes back to them. They realize that they are trapped in a deadly game, and that the only way to end it is to watch the movie. They decide to go back to the cinema and play the old DVD of The Flash on the projector. They hope that by watching the movie, they will break the curse and free themselves from Miller's wrath.

However, when they arrive at the cinema, they find that it is not as empty as they thought. Miller is waiting for them, and he is not happy to see them. He reveals that he is not the real Ezra Miller, but a vengeful spirit who possessed his body after he died in a car accident in 2024. He blames the kids for stealing his ticket stub, which was his last connection to his life and career. He says that he will not let them watch the movie, but instead he will kill them one by one.

The kids have to fight for their lives against Miller, who uses his super speed and other powers to torment them. They also have to deal with the horrors of the movie itself, which comes alive on the screen and interacts with them. The movie is full of glitches, jump scares, bad CGI, and plot holes that make it even more terrifying.

Will the kids survive this nightmare and escape from Miller's clutches? Or will they become his next victims? Find out in Flashback, the ultimate horror movie for DC fans."

James Gunn is furiously taking notes

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Austin said:

@JustLurking I haven't seen you over on reddit in a while. Have you just given up on trying to partake in productive discourse over there? 

jjj-laugh.png

Hm? I post there sometimes but I'm generally not very active on reddit as a platform overall personally. Not really given up, just really a rare poster in general myself (assuming you even have my account right lol)