The Wild Eric

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

All I can say is good luck😅. I know GA is generally not up to date with movie related info but you would pick a random person from the GA and tell them to name one eternal and they probably wouldn't tell you one  . They would maybe say " is the one with the two games of thrones guys or something" and here lies the biggest issue it's utterly forgettable . It's not as bad as TLT but it's one of the most boring blockbusters I've seen while also being badly written. iMo.

Flash is flopping and just look at this thread and all the conversation it's generating. Eternals flopped and got a B and within a week it was forgotten and barely generated any conversation.

It's some people's favorite phase 4 but this ain't going to get that underrated category. It's gonna be like the incredible hulk ,that movie GA forgets it ever was an MCU movie and slowly die in irrelevancy.

Eternals 2 happening after all the shit MCU has been through lately is highly unlikely and Chloe zhao ain't touching it. It would definitely be civil war type movie or have some major cameos to try to boost it.

I mean, the definition of a ´´cult movie´´ is being a failure rejected by audiences that a few years later is embraced by a portion of audience that loves it hard. The GA of course likely won´t even remember this movie, but for Marvel fans i do think is likely that time will make people appreciate it more, mainly because it´s different, even it´s flaws are not the usual MCU flaws. 

In twitter there´s already some revisionism about Eternals, is not unusual for me to see some semi-viral tweets there praising the movie and saying it´s unfairly judged. 

29 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I'd give him another big budget film off it 1 and 2... Isn't he still connected to the attack on titan film WB is trying to put out?

If the manga markets are anything to go by, they should just cancel that while there's time before the ending hits the anime

• Like 1

Just now, Day and Date The Best said:

Even Leo aint that big, has he had another success close to titanic or inception?. 

Di Caprio largely hasn't gone for films that had huge blockbuster premise or ambitions since then, so that's by design - he's clearly more interested in doing different things. He is still very successful and clearly a draw.

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Di Caprio largely hasn't gone for films that had huge blockbuster premise or ambitions since then, so that's by design - he's clearly more interested in doing different things. He is still very successful and clearly a draw.

So much a draw that apple had to cofinance his movie with Martin because they know there is not much money. He is a draw to twitter and 9gag.

1 minute ago, Day and Date The Best said:

So much a draw that apple had to cofinance his movie with Martin because they know there is not much money. He is a draw to twitter and 9gag.

Yeah there isn't much money in a 200M budget 3hours+ grim drama about this subject material. Like...no shit? Not EVERY movie is made with the goal of making big money, jesus man.

2 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

The Wolf of Wallstreet made like what ~300 million and that was mainstream appeal designed. 

Yeah and guess what, on Killers of the Flower Moon's budget that's a pretty big loss! Without even considering the fact that it came out at a time where this kind of film across the board was considered more appealing on the big screen all across the board.

Do you really need anything more than to watch the trailer and know the premise to realise this film wasn't made with the idea of making its budget back theatrically in mind?

Edited by JustLurking

Just now, Madhuvan said:

A genuine question,  I get everyone praising The Flash to hype it up but why of all people Tom Cruise did it :rofl:

To see if WB gets pissed and Destroys Oppenheimer once and for all with Barbie to make Nolan pay for leaving them for Universal. And After Oopenheimer is Destroyed IMAX screens are free for MI7. 

Quantumania is looking like a success compared to The Flash. $54-58 OW. B Cinemascore. Sixth bomb in a row for the DCEU. Gunn and WBD spreading lies to artificially hype up a bad film. What a mess. But it’s well deserved after the absolute abomination they did with Josstice League.

• Like 2