YM!

Weekday Thread | TUE - Flash $5.28M, Elementals $5.0M, Spidey $4.7M, Transformer $2.8M, TLM $2.2M

With the absence of movies like the Jurassic World and Star Wars franchises in theaters, which used to be the most consistent billion grossing franchises, as well as the MCU no longer consistently grossing a billion like it used to, it's no surprise we have less billion grossers than we used to

It's crazy the audience rejection of Flash... I mean, understandable in some terms (the overall evidence of DCEU disinterest, derivativeness of multiverse plotlines, Keaton failing to move needle in terms of nostalgia..) but the movie plays like a science lab experiment to calculate a crowd-pleasing formula. It scored so highly in test screenings for over a year

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It's crazy the audience rejection of Flash... I mean, understandable in some terms (the overall evidence of DCEU disinterest, derivativeness of multiverse plotlines, Keaton failing to move needle in terms of nostalgia..) but the movie plays like a science lab experiment to calculate a crowd-pleasing formula. It scored so highly in test screenings for over a year

the movie is at least pretty good, and shit like Aquaman makes a billion , i question society

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Well i did see an article earlier where they are trying to sell off some audio rights for 500mil so this isn't that wrong i think.

I think we’re at the point now where if Batman wasn’t part of DC, they’d sell it all off.

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It scored so highly in test screenings for over a year

I seriously question those scores now, maybe it never tested that well to begin with and it was all marketing lies. It's one thing you got a single misleading test-screening filled with crazy people in it, but when it was tested many times with the same incredible scores? Something doesn't add up.

11 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

Nia Decosta is why I have faith in The Marvels. Little woods was great and what she did for Candyman definitely captured the spirt of the original. Even Scream 6 had to give its respects to the remake during the scene with Kirby. 

Yeh, I love the Candyman reboot. Marvel could really use some of those interesting shots. 

6 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Problem is, between Erza’s issues, the impending reboot, and competition that grabbed a lot of attention (and $$) before it, there was good cause for the GA to skip this one. Combine that with not great reception from the fanboys who did come out on OW, and the potential audience is shrinking rather quickly