kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

Disastrous for The Flash. Complete and total rejection from audiences, the final nail in the coffin for the DCEU - it died as it lived I guess.

As for everything else, a mix of hopeful and disappointing. Transformers seems to have lost what little steam it had at the start, though knowing Paramount I'm thinking they barrel forward with the sequel regardless. If anything, they'll probably see the higher domestic numbers then Bumblebee and consider it a small win.

Solid starts for both Asteroid City and No Hard Feelings, particularly Asteroid City. Regardless of your personal opinions on his films he's still one of the few directors who can sell a movie on name alone and the sheer size of his casts are appealing to general audiences. No Hard Feelings I'm seeing as a win cause R rated comedies have pretty much become impossible to open so if it opens to $15 mil+ then it's on the bigger side for it nowadays. Sucks that's the bar but take what you can get I guess.

Elemental and Spider-Verse neck and neck though. I think Elemental will end up just barely taking it but it's going to be really close. Glad to see Elemental will end up being a small yikes as opposed to be a big yikes, feel like that film will inevitably have a strong streaming/home media shelf life. Fingers crossed this bodes well for Wish and Elio.

• Like 1

Flash is going to be lucky to clear $200 per show for this weekend (needs $14.3M for 71K+ shows)

Translation: the average showing of Flash will have fewer than 20 people (maybe even 15 depending on ATP)

Still can't believe they agreed to let it keep all the IMAX shows and denied me a chance to see ATSV in (basically) the only PLF screen in the area

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Joker 2 OW > Flash DOM total

It remains to be seen how the musical aspect is received (personally I find it exciting but I've grown to hate superhero movies and want something different) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Mother! bombed, Passengers bombed, Joy bombed, Red Sparrow bombed, etc. How is Jennifer Lawrence an A-lister?

The Mummy bombed. Babylon bombed. Most George Clooney movies bomb. Aren't he and Cruise and Pitt A-listers?

Babylon couldn't even open to $4m and I am betting people still consider Brad Pitt an A-lister.

Amsterdam and Babylon lost over $100m each and every Margot Robbie movie not starring DiCaprio or Will Smith has underperformed but I am betting people here consider Margot Robbie an A-lister.

Edited by MotionPictured
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Flash is going to be lucky to clear $200 per show for this weekend (needs $14.3M for 71K+ shows)

Translation: the average showing of Flash will have fewer than 20 people (maybe even 15 depending on ATP)

Still can't believe they agreed to let it keep all the IMAX shows and denied me a chance to see ATSV in (basically) the only PLF screen in the area

That 71K is without Canada & a lot of US. actual shows be around 80-82K. 

• Like 1