baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

I know there were some discussions about JLo star quality couple of weeks back but after seeing performances of NHF and JoyRide, I feel like we have an answer here. NHF would have done probably similarly as JoyRide if JLo wasn't the lead and NHF is gonna end up doing 30M+ just domestically itself, probably even more higher WW.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

I know there were some discussions about JLo star quality couple of weeks back but after seeing performances of NHF and JoyRide, I feel like we have an answer here. NHF would have done probably similarly as JoyRide if JLo wasn't the lead and NHF is gonna end up doing 30M+ just domestically itself, probably even more higher WW.

Jennifer Lopez is in no hard feelings?

• Haha 14

12 hours ago, Flopped said:

I feel like Bridesmaids was the last mainstream comedy that was truly laugh out loud funny. 

I don't know if it counts as straight comedy, but The Nice Guys was hilarious IMO

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ouch for Indiana Jones. Shows you just can’t get away with a “well I guess it’s not awful” type movie that costs a crazy amount these days 

Around 55% drop in July is still good for a 3 multiplier

I see no problem here

• Like 2

We all know that overall Indy is going to be a colossal flop. But now that that's out of the way, if a 50-55% drop is where it lands for the second weekend, that's actually pretty good.

• Like 4

SoF plays more like a regular action movie instead of a frontloaded cult following. The A+ cinemascore movie should come close to 40m by Sunday, which no doubt will become a success story of the summer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

We all know that overall Indy is going to be a colossal flop. But now that that's out of the way, if a 50-55% drop is where it lands for the second weekend, that's actually pretty good.

Exactly. Have come to acceptance this is a huge bomb. Does not ruin my enjoyment of the film one bit. A 50-55 drop is pretty good. Could have been much worse. Although coming down from that 8.8 estimate yesterday is a disappointment.

• Like 6

The Flash could go as low as #12 this weekend, while Elemental holds #4 position despite opening at the same time but $25 million lower. What a stark contrast of excellent vs terrible legs.

• Like 5