baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

Just now, Krissykins said:

Me too, I thought it was hilarious. Funniest film of the year. 

Lionsgate has been facing issue reaching out audience. They have a lot of high quality movie with great WOM in 2023 such as SISU, the blackening, Margaret but none of them managed to grab a big money in theater. The awareness of the movie simply isn't there. Joy Ride is joining that league too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Lionsgate has been facing issue reaching out audience. They have a lot of high quality movie with great WOM in 2023 such as SISU, the blackening, Margaret but none of them managed to grab a big money in theater. The awareness of the movie simply isn't there. Joy Ride is joining that league too.

Kind of like MGM back in 2021.

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

I don't think it's funny at all, I think it's an accusation Americans weaponize against other countries but will never let anyone weaponize against them (hence the warning), fair enough though I'll let it rest, I've made my point.

That isn't true. I've seen many Americans accuse other Americans from racism.

It's one of the main accusations towards American right wing.

Edited by Kon
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Told ya it'd get to $10m!

Wonder if Elemental can do 8M this weekend. Think it’ll do 150m with Labor Day expansion but am wondering if it can top Sing 2 (~160m).