CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

29 minutes ago, TMP said:

The Street Fighter Sony movie just got the Talk to Me guys to direct, so maybe it could be great. Mortal Kombat 2, however, still has the same crew from the first one so i doubt it'll be any good

I have given up on that a long time ago. I don’t trust Sony with anything other than their Spider-Verse films and their MCU ones and that’s thanks to Marvel Studios, not them. I’ve been burned too many times before.

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Okay i’m convinced MI7 jump was so good today because this Pom / Simon Pegg interview is getting viral and it’s seriously the best marketing piece of the whole movie 

The way she kept a straight face at the "a milennial killed my dog" part is Oscar-worthy alone ☠️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Alright which MCU lady is joining in MI9. I vote either Rachel McAdams or Elizabeth Olsen.

I'm hoping for Lashana Lynch. Bond didn't use her as well as Cruise/McQ will in MI. McAdams or Olsen would be awesome. If I had my choice, I'd go for Olsen between the two.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Also saw he mentioned Haunted Mansion was pretty good so hopefully that one doesn't bomb super hard if it has decent word of mouth.

Maybe the numbers aren't quite what we'd hoped for MI7 but they're not horrible and the audience scores are very, very strong. Then Barbie and Oppenheimer will deliver the huge numbers. Then, potentially Haunted Mansion, Turtles are Meg are crowd pleaasers too. It's all good for restoring faith. That's a nice wide range of genres of good quality movies too. 

• Like 2

Isn't there any way to pin all the current essential box office information anywhere in these weekend threads, instead of having to fight through pages of pages? Following the "Insiders" doesn't always help, because it doesn't always link to their only posting in the topic. 

I would really appreciate it. 

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

To be fair, that is probably true for just about every film entering the final week as sale ramp up. If it were selling less tickets today than yesterday, that would be news 

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Isn't there any way to pin all the current essential box office information anywhere in these weekend threads, instead of having to fight through pages of pages? Following the "Insiders" doesn't always help, because it doesn't always link to their only posting in the topic. 

I would really appreciate it. 

Used to put it right in the subject line more often iirc. Not sure why it's not done as often now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

To be fair, that is probably true for just about every film entering the final week as sale ramp up. If it were selling less tickets today than yesterday, that would be news 

I'm not saying it's going to open to whatever Empire is saying that it will. But what he's saying is that the presales are so astronomical now and growing every day that he wouldn't be surprised to see it open to something ridiculous like 170 million. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Used to put it right in the subject line more often iirc. Not sure why it's not done as often now.

I know, but it started with not being updated after early deadline estimates long ago and there basically never was an update with the latest numbers. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Because I'm not a moderator anymore. Used to be done ASAP

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Alright which MCU lady is joining in MI9. I vote either Rachel McAdams or Elizabeth Olsen.

After Game Night, I think McAdams deserves a Mission 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Either way, might finally get me to watch one of these MI movies 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

I love her so much. I can't believe there's a movie playing in cinemas right now with her, Hayley Atwell, Vanessa Kirby and Rebecca Ferguson in cinemas right now and America is letting it down... smh...

Right??? And they’re all in a scene together i mean that IS cinema. 

I have to praise Tom Cruise for not being scared to put a lot of excellent female characters around him, all 4 was scene stealers especially Hayley and Pom. We usually have to fight for 1 good female character in male-centric franchises.

Hayley actually was my favorite character of the whole movie, i swear she overshadowed Ethan in pretty much all scenes they were both on screen. She gives this franchises some humanity back since she’s new in the whole chaos and doesn’t know what to do.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it’ll be 78-80M 5 day? 

I mean not good, but after the actual possibility of sub 70 on FRI i guess we can’t even be very sad about the final outcome, it’s fine. 

Now let’s wait next weeks, the numbers getting strong on SAT and presumable SUN when the movie is screening since TUE is a very good sign that the movie is actually backloaded. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

My last one was 2 lol.

Mine too! MI3 just looked too … something for my taste, and even though from all accounts the series seems seems to have reverted to more of spy thriller tone - yes with big action - after that, never felt the desire to pick back up at any point 

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not saying it's going to open to whatever Empire is saying that it will. But what he's saying is that the presales are so astronomical now and growing every day that he wouldn't be surprised to see it open to something ridiculous like 170 million. 

If that number or above that happens, that would give Barbie the biggest OW ever for a Warner Bros movie.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34