The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

FWIW, the Barbie trailer is quite funny and Margot is a draw for men, as is Gosling to some extent thanks to his filmography. Yes, interest is being driven more by women, but this is one film that it’ll be easy for them to convince their boyfriend, husband, etc. to join them. And then there are gay men like me, planning group showings with their friends.

I wouldn’t be surprised by a 55/45 split at all. 

• Disbelief 1

I think what no one thought possible even a week ago, that Elemental makes $150m dom before Turtles opens on August 2nd, is doable.

Because it's actually having sub 20% weekly drops.

Going to be at $131m on Thursday... $138m on Sunday. Then $142m on next Thursday. Then $147m on July 31st.

going to need to make some extra special holds in the meantime but it might happen.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dxmatrixdt said:

ShockedFormalJuliabutterfly-small.gif

i have seen over a hundred movies on streaming, but in theaters in 2023,

Scream 6

Super Mario

The Pope's Exorcist

Return of the Jedi

The Little Mermaid

The Flash

Indiana Jones

and soon to be Oppenheimer

not many see Return of the Jedi?

Weren’t enough showings of it. Otherwise I’d have gone for sure. 

• Like 1

So I just checked the theater closest to me. Barbie has three showings today, 3:15, 6:15 and 9:15. Two ladder shows are sold out with the exception of a few seats closest to the screen. The 315 show is about half sold out right now. Safe to say all three shows are going to sell out for sure. Oppenheimer has two shows, the 6:00 show is sold out and the 10:00 show is about half full right now.

• Like 1