The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

3 minutes ago, el sid said:

To be honest I'm disappointed in the weekend number of Barbie.
If somebody would have told me months ago that Barbie could get more than 150M OW I would have said "Wow, that optimistic".
But now, after all the buzz and the tracking (also my own) I expected more. That's the problem with the internet hype and exaggerations.

Based on Charlie's post, actuals are likely going to push it close to 160M which is great opening though......thing is it's ATP is lower than typical tentpole due to Oppy having all IMAX and lot of PLFs. Oppy's ATP is going to be like 15% higher than Barbie's ATP

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't think I'd slot MI in July...it's not really drawing great on weekdays anyway, and its adult audience will be there whether it's March or October...

I'd slot to stay away from flu season/Xmas wave (so no Dec-Feb), but I don't see why it could work for March and college spring breaks all month and adults looking to emerge from the long winter and see something fun.  

Same for the early May slot that tends to go to supers...either works...just whatever gets 2 weeks min of IMAX...

I would imagine Cruise wants a good release date and given Ghost Protocol was a success with a December release, December is a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

this makes no sense

both movies had their premieres and the cast of every movie recorded a lot of interviews before the strike there were released even in the last week...

This is suggesting that interviewers... Interview AI instead...?? What?

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Heck, my whole family would.  

As for the ongoing "more PLF needed" discussion, I would never advocate for more PLF until numbers are run on WHO is at PLF and WHY.  Is it just Regal and AMC subscribers making up the bulk of PLF b/c they don't pay any more money?  Is it frequent goers who pay full price?  Is it once a year folks just coming out for "their" movie?  I suspect, it's mostly subscribers, and no one is directly paying for them, outside the huge PLF-oriented releases (Avatar, Oppenheimer).  For run of the mill movies, very little "extra" money is probably going to theaters for the PLF nature of the seats...

It’s s pretty good mix of all of those, and while I don’t know exact numbers, can assure you MOST people are paying for a given show. These aren’t pre-paid/free tickets inflating PLF revenue 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Welcome to BOT. Hope you survive the experience. For your better enjoyment, please always listen to the voices saying to not overhype or underhype things. A lot of us have been saying it would land exactly somewhere around that is landing. Hyperbole is a thing here but only if you listen the most loud voices. A lot of us have been saying it’d land exactly where it’s landing: it’s still the biggest opening of the year for what it will likely biggest film of the year in the domestic market, at very least.

Barbie surpassing Mario domestically? I'm having a very difficult time seeing that. Can it even get to 500M? I'm not yet convinced of that either. 

• Like 6