The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not sure about that but he is a fine actor and a welcome addition to any movie also refreshing to not see him as forgettable as he was in Interstellar.

The subtlety of his physicality as he grabs the gun is incredible. It's the most memorable performance of the 2010s at the very least and it should have catapulted him to doing more and more prestigious work if it wasn't for unfortunate timing of things.

• Like 7

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

if we're talking LVP of Oppenheimer :qotd: is like a 40 year old man at this point but still somehow feels like a high school drama student playing a general.

It was an apology for destroying Valerian back in 2017 (another time that people argued a Nolan movie should have opened in the fall instead of the summer lol)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Main thing I can't forget from Oppenheimer is that score blaring off the walls even when they're sipping wine. I don't even remember what the second to last shot was... I remember Downey and Affleck being great in it. I remember being happy to see Casey Affleck in something as I hadn't seen him anything in a minute.

People complaining about the score being loud make me wanna see the movie. I loved Ludwig Göransson's music for Turning Red so of course I'd like more of his stuff.

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

The subtlety of his physicality as he grabs the gun is incredible. It's the most memorable performance of the 2010s at the very least and it should have catapulted him to doing more and more prestigious work if it wasn't for unfortunate timing of things.

That cut when he grabs the gun hahaha. Jennifer Lame (who also edited Oppenheimer) always had the juice

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's a shame Casey Affleck is such a fucking awful person irl

Is he though? As far as I remember he didn't have a swarm of accusations and the accusation he had looked quite suspicious. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

ASTV 400 has been RIP for a while now. MI 200 since it's OW DOM. TLM Disney can/will still push to 300M if they really wanna. It's at 296M+ right now. Labor Day expansion or whatever and they'll get it there.

Haunted Mansion double feature fudge

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Casey mumble Aflleck is the best actor? He was the worst part of Oppenheimer. You really can't understand what he says. His diction is so bad

The worst part of Oppenheimer was that weird Nickelodeon child star - forgot his name. Utterly forgettable.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

It was an apology for destroying Valerian back in 2017 (another time that people argued a Nolan movie should have opened in the fall instead of the summer lol)

I can suffer through any bad movie pretty easily because usually I'm like "OK this stinks but maybe it'll do something cool later on" but Valerian is pretty much the only movie I've watched in the last five years I couldn't finish. intolerable film. I didn't even get to the bit with Ethan Hawke, who I love.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think AMC is upgrading all their screens to "Laser Cinema" by 2026. I hope others follow as well. 

Cinépolis' footprint in the US is quite limited but they're changing all their projectors in the world to 4K by 2024.

Transition has been made for close to a year by now in Mexico and one of the theatres near me was one of the first ones to get it and is so damn pleasant to not a have a screen cropped and a shitty darker image.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I can suffer through any bad movie pretty easily because usually I'm like "OK this stinks but maybe it'll do something cool later on" but Valerian is pretty much the only movie I've watched in the last five years I couldn't finish. intolerable film. I didn't even get to the bit with Ethan Hawke, who I love.

That was Jupiter Ascending for me, I think there was enough weird lizard brain shit in it for me to stomach a whole movie where Dane Dehaan is supposed to be a believable bad-ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1